• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:48:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

SCC Tournament Round 3

Started by gatebuster202, January 11, 2017, 04:16:53 pm

gatebuster202

Awesome GUYS!, We have 17 participants!. I will take up to 32 though!
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Andrew

CupOfOrangeJuice

January 20, 2017, 06:33:49 pm #22 Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:56:41 pm by fattyzila
1. Ninja
2. Monk
3. Bard

Edit: I changed Oracle to Monk. I don't know if I changed it in time or not.

gatebuster202

Alright, I am closing the submissions now and will organize all this info and draw classes tomorrow or Wednesday. Check back in tomorrow around One PM CST!

gatebuster202

January 25, 2017, 02:22:09 pm #24 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:06:57 pm by gatebuster202
Here is the document for the Class Assignment and what everyone has
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1831yLGRLGs9ykXeEaSBLNGvjm7091NBRoDpltNCD8ts/edit?usp=sharing
Here is the Link into my Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gatebuster202
Check there for the Archived stream and the First Post will get the youtube once I have completed the stream.
Plan to stream in 5-10 minutes

Classes Represented Assigned/Preferred
Squire              0/4
Chemist          1/2
Archer            1/2
Thief               1/1
Paladin          1/3
Samurai        1/5
Lancer          0/3
Monk         3/3
Ninja        1/4
Mime        2/1
Wizard        2/4
Priest        0/2
Time Mage    0/1
Oracle        1/2
Summoner    1/4
Scholar    0/2
Bard        2/4
Dancer        1/4
Mediator    1/4
Geomancer    1/2

Class Assignments and Dice Rolls
Player: Class 1(1-2)/Class 2(3-4)/Class 3(5-6)

1 Anima Zero: Lancer/Monk/Samurai                        (4)
2 Argy: Geomancer/Samurai/Bard                            (6)
3 DW: Priest/Mediator/Geomancer                            (5)
4 Barren: Wizard/Ninja/Samurai                            (2)
5 Dokurider: Thief/Wizard/Ninja                            (2)
6 CT5: Thief/Time Mage/Mime                            (6)
7 Gatebuster(Host): Samurai/Archers/Paladin                    (6)
8 White Knight Wiegraf: Mediator/Summoner/Scholar                (2)
9 Silentkaster: Bard/Squire/Paladin                            (2)
10 Krypt: Mediator/Squire/Samurai                            (6)
11 Truelight: Dancer/Oracle/Time Mage                        (3)
12 Reks: Squire/Archer/Dancer                            (3)
13 Herobal: Monks/Bards/Mediators                            (1)
14 Gaignun: (Assigned by who knows what??) Dancer/Chemist/Squire        (1)
15 Corosar: Summoner/Wizard/Priest                        (3)
16 Vigilanti: Scholar/Chemist/Lancer                        (4)
17 Vanvliete: Ninja/Lancer/Paladin                            (1)
18 Jumza: Wizard/Oracle/Summoner                        (1)
19  Andrew: Mime/Dancer/Summoner (Mime, by choice and least representation) (No Roll)
20 Fattyzilla: Ninja/Monk/Bard                            (4)

gatebuster202

I am posting for posterity above, I'll put a clean(Easy to read) post up in the original when I get a few minutes

gatebuster202

A quick note, if you were assigned a class that has been duplicated, IE more then one of the class was rolled, you may swap to a class without representation. Preferably, they were a random option for you, before I give out a class that wasn't a option for a player. Classes are available on a first come, first serve basis(Sorta, this will be done with some degree of fairness I hope.)

You need to post here about it or contact me via discord. Preferably both

Corosar

Swapping from Wizard to Summoner

already talked to gate in Discord about it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

CT5Holy

beep beep requesting switch to Scholar
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

CupOfOrangeJuice

So uhm. First off if I have a monk with martial arts it still increases his damage output with fists right? And it says it improves steal X abilities. Will it improve steal heart also?

TrueLight

Quote from: fattyzila on January 28, 2017, 04:49:27 pm
So uhm. First off if I have a monk with martial arts it still increases his damage output with fists right? And it says it improves steal X abilities. Will it improve steal heart also?

Martial Arts will improve the damage output with his fists. However, Martial Arts does not improve the odds of Steal Heart landing. Steal Heart's formula is based on MA, so Magic Attack UP will increase the odds slightly.

gatebuster202

Alright, sorry I haven't updated everyone here, as well as I do the discord. (I prefer to do most of my forum posting via computer and then I get sidetracked...) I would like everyone to PM their team by the 8th. You can use Discord, or the Forum. If this happens to be a problem let me know.

Also, with 20 Submissions, I'm looking at an uneven round for single elimination or double elimination. I'd prefer, instead to do a five round round-robin. That's fifty matches, and something I can do most of myself. (Twitch streaming two sets of five matches a week) If someone wants to record my match vs Whomever, I'd prefer that. (Barren has volunteered but I won't lock him down to that.)

So, what I'd like is a vote for Round Robin or Single Elim up top. I will take the top 4 teams of the round robin and Face them off single elim for the finals. I think we may have a Discord balance discussion around that point.

silentkaster

Quote from: gatebuster202 on January 30, 2017, 06:49:34 pm
Alright, sorry I haven't updated everyone here, as well as I do the discord. (I prefer to do most of my forum posting via computer and then I get sidetracked...) I would like everyone to PM their team by the 8th. You can use Discord, or the Forum. If this happens to be a problem let me know.

Also, with 20 Submissions, I'm looking at an uneven round for single elimination or double elimination. I'd prefer, instead to do a five round round-robin. That's fifty matches, and something I can do most of myself. (Twitch streaming two sets of five matches a week) If someone wants to record my match vs Whomever, I'd prefer that. (Barren has volunteered but I won't lock him down to that.)

So, what I'd like is a vote for Round Robin or Single Elim up top. I will take the top 4 teams of the round robin and Face them off single elim for the finals. I think we may have a Discord balance discussion around that point.

I have voted for Single Elim and my reasoning is that 1.41 is about ready to go. Not to rush things, but five weeks of Round Robin would push back plans for 1.41. I have a really fun idea (a Vanilla tournament!) planned and I'd like to launch registration in April (registration and team building in a Vanilla tournament takes some time due to the number of entrants I'm expecting,) and I've talked to some people who are already very interested. I'd hope some of the Vanilla tournament submissions would stick around and play Arena and some of the other mods on FFH if they're not aware of them. I want 1.41 bug free and streamlined for perhaps new and returning players to build teams seamlessly. Thanks all.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

CupOfOrangeJuice

What's going on with this? When is the deadline to submit a team?

silentkaster

Quote from: fattyzila on February 05, 2017, 06:49:51 pm
What's going on with this? When is the deadline to submit a team?

This Wednesdsay. (2/8/17)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

gatebuster202

Alright, a new forum topic is up with everyone's teams. Fattyzilla, and Krypt, You have a pm each detailing a minor error.

Gaignun, everything isn't ready by the MCG but I got the meaning. I have the Map list up on the other thread, and I am planning on a late stream tomorrow evening. The new thread will be upkept this one can be locked. Bracket goes live after the (Ongoing) Test Patch Stream