• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Arena 1.40 ASMs

Started by dw6561, June 20, 2016, 09:37:37 pm

dw6561

June 20, 2016, 09:37:37 pm Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:42:01 am by dw6561
Here are the ASM's we're using for FFT Arena 1.40! For people making the patches, all you have to do is check all of the hacks and you're good. I tried to make it as simple as possible, so please let me know if there are any problems.

What's in the XML files:

Old Oil (actually current oil :P)
MP Regen/MP Poison
Wall reduces most forms of damage to 1 revert

Formula 05 becomes DmgMP_[Weapon]
Slow Dance repurposed to Break Dance
Formula 39 lowers PA and MA by 1
Formula 28 becomes Heal_(Y)% Hit_UnBrave(PA+X)% NE
Formula 14 becomes DmgMP_F(MA*Y)
Formula 44 becomes Dmg_(CasMaxMP)
Jump CT formula hack
Formula 63 becomes New Shuriken v2
Formula 57 becomes Gil Toss
Book Formula Changes to MA*WP
Tons Become Magic Evadable

Regenerator grants MP Regen and Regen
Sunken State gives Faith Status
Catch becomes New Caution
MP Switch Overflows to HP Damage
Equip X Supports
1/3 of MP
Train becomes Desperation - Updated to work for all weapons
Luck UP Support Hack
Brave Up gets MP Cost Trigger
Abandon ACTUALLY gives 50% evade bonus

Also included: MP Regen/MP Poison color edits, Extended Item Attributes.

UPDATE: Desperation is (theoretically) fixed to work with all weapons now. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Abandon Fixed to be 50% instead of 33%.

Attached free XML contains the old desperation just in case the other one doesn't work.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Emmy

Sunken State in vanilla has a countergrasp trigger, not hp damage.  I also noticed your hack doesn't change this trigger.

dw6561

I updated the XML files for the things we talked about in the final discussion. Please let me know if anything is wrong with my hacks.

Gaignun

Is changing weaknesses from 200% damage to 150% damage an easy hack?  This might be advisable if Oil is too strong in 1.40.

dw6561

Corrected an error in RSM bundle, and uploaded the extended item attributes.

Gaignun, that hack wouldn't be difficult to make. That being said, I don't think oil will be TOO bad in 1.4 since we limited its sources, took it off of hawk's eye, etc. The only real way to get it reliably is via short edge, which received a proc chance nerf to 50%. We'll see how it fares.

dw6561

Added a poll for initial: Reflect after discovering that the status does indeed wear off.

dw6561

Corrected a rather glaring error with the formula 39 hack being inserted at the same place as the formula 44 hack, messing up the climhazzard formula. I feel like such a derp. :P

dw6561

Updated the "Brave Up gets MP Cost Trigger" hack so that it actually works instead of being a clone of faith up. Also, the hack that makes wall reduce most forms of damage to 1 is present in Arena, so I had to disable that as well.

dw6561

Fixed an issue with Chakra Band and Choice Band's attributes being swapped around. Once again, feel free to notify me if there's an issue with any of the things I post here.

dw6561

Platina Armor should now give +1 MA instead of PA, and I also removed the unfury calculation from the hacks because that was causing issues for some people while patching. It was really just there as a resource for those who want to use it for another patch.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

Added the Book formula change we have long been waiting for.

Barren

July 14, 2016, 07:28:27 am #12 Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:59:34 am by Barren
I was testing 1.4 just now and my paladin tried to use reraise on my time mage, after the time mage moved the reraise spell didn't work. It only worked if the targeted wasn't moving

Andrew

(Already talked to Barren via PM about this)

Gaignun

It sounds like the Reraise spell is targeting the panel and not the unit.  It has been awhile since I played with FFTA, but doesn't the AI also target panels and not units when using Time and Summon magic?

Barren

Just spoke to Andrew about it, he told me that it was missing the check target CT AI flag.

dw6561

Alright guys, there's apparently something wrong with regenerator. It's sometimes acting like its supposed to, and other times it reacts with counter tackle instead. I don't know what the issue is, but 1.40 will have to be delayed until I figure out why this is happening and the issue is fixed. There shouldn't be anything wrong with my code, but I could have done something stupid with it and just not noticed.

dw6561

Turns out the issues with regenerator were caused by the brave up hack! It was one instruction down from where it was supposed to be, so it overwrote the next line which loads the next set of reactions (0x8c). Because Counter Tackle and Regenerator share a bit (0x02), it then sees counter tackle and proceeds to react with that. This has been amended, and Regenerator should work as intended now.

Barren

Is there going to be this update for the new ppf file then on discord?

Andrew