• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

AI Tournament This Summer 2014

Started by Barren, June 12, 2014, 07:09:13 am

If we run another AI Tournament this summer, what kind of tournament should we do?

Season 3 AI Tournament with regular Arena rules
8 (38.1%)
Season 3 AI Tournament with Special Rule of only one copy of ability and equip allowed and No JP Cap
9 (42.9%)
Season 3 AI Tournament with Single Class Rules
2 (9.5%)
Season 3 AI Tournament with Joint Team Rules
1 (4.8%)
Wait until we get 1.39
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 26, 2014, 07:09:13 am

Leif1991

So when will the tournament be? Since it looks like we will be abiding by new rules, does this mean that our teams have to be made of four unique classes? So, for example, I cannot have two archers because they both share the "Snipe" class ability?
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Barren

You can have two archers they just need to have different abilities and equips. For instance one can have lets say blaze gun, kaiser plate, thief hat, santa outfit and sprint shoes while the other one can have glacier gun, zephyr shield, golden hairpin, black costume and 108 gems.

And the blaze gun archer can have arm/leg aim, seal evil while the glacier gun archer can use equip breaks. Plus one can have magic attack up and the other overwhelm. There is still room for clones just they can't have same equips or abilities but there's ways to work around that.

As far as the tourney itself, it would have to be sometime in July
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Leif1991

That works for other abilities, like movement and support abilities right? Like if a unit has Move-MP up, then that's the only unit out of the four that has move-mp up?
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Barren

June 26, 2014, 06:26:41 am #23 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:00:27 am by Barren
correct. one can have move-mp up the other can have lets say absorb mp if you're looking for mp healing strategies. One can even have pilgrimage too

Barren

So the voting is officially done and therefore the next AI Tournament coming up will be contested with the
Special Rule of only one copy of ability and equip allowed and No JP Cap. I will think of a date for the tournament registration after this weekend and I will try to have registration be in the news section that we can actually get more people to join unlike last time. I will also do a video to demonstrate how the rule works so that way people who are new to it can understand or for those who did it before can get more excited about it