• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:49:25 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Minigame: Battle Royale

Started by Zotis, May 14, 2014, 11:52:56 am

Leif1991

Concentrate puts you 50JP over the cap unfortunately.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Barren

Quote from: Leif1991 on May 20, 2014, 10:05:33 am
Concentrate puts you 50JP over the cap unfortunately.

Changed concentration to defend i that case
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

ShadowDragon15

Here we go. I like Magic, so here's a good starting run for my first attempt. Enjoy.

Wiz Girl
Female
Virgo
Squire
Black Magic

Defend

Flame Rod
Venetian Shield
Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Magic Gauntlet

Fire
Strategy is just magical.

Dokurider

Trying to upgrade jump is way too prohibitive as is. Trying to get 500 JP to upgrade from Level Jump 3? I don't think so. I propose that getting the next level in Jump should only cost 100 JP for Range increments and 50 JP for the Vertical increments.

Zotis

I don't want to make any adjustments to JP costs.  It costs what it costs.  You'll just have to save up for it.

Barren

So when will your mini game start?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

I'll do it tonight when I get home from work.

Zotis

Malroth's Jessica was selected for the black team.  Jumza's Cyriac and Dokurider's Red Luster were selected for the Blue Team.

Round 2 - Black Team vs Blue Team

Merari
Christen
Cettina
Van
Red Luster

Maria - Ate two crystals - 200 JP
Jessica - Killed Christen and Maria - 200 JP
Cyriac - Killed Merari, Van, and Jessica, ate three crystals, and was still standing - 700 JP

Sorry Dokurider, you had a good unit, but poison... and stall tactics...  Blame Jumza for bolting you. XP  Also the AI doesn't think to attack with the blood sword and heal when it's critical.  Running away is more important to the AI.  You can make another character, but again you'll have to start at 600 JP.  You have to make a different character though, not just remake the same one.

Jumza

Yeesh, sorry about that Doku :P We were even on the same team. Though I managed to eat your soul and bring myself to victory so... thanks for that :)

Zotis how do you want us to update our characters? Should we edit our original posts or delete them and repost our new char every time we update?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Zotis

Don't bother deleting your old post, just post your changes in your next post.

TrueLight

Here's my character.

Kyril
Male
Aries
Squire

Ice Brand
Kasier Plate
Black Hood
Power Sleeve
Elf Mantle

Jumza

With a staggering 950 jp to spend, here is my updated character.

Cyriac
Male
Aries
Wizard
White Magic

Thunder Rod

Golden Hairpin
Linen Robe
Magic Gauntlet

Bolt, Bolt 2,
Raise 2, Dia

Remaining JP: 100

Armory:
Aegis Shield
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Dokurider

Ah, I guess that's- Hey wait a second, where's Concentrate? I put Concentrate on him. No wonder he was missing. In any case:

Treasure
Female
Serpentarius

Squire
White Magic

Healing Staff
Escutcheon II
Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
Cherche

Raise, Regen

Zotis

You couldn't afford Concentrate.

Dokurider

How? it's the only thing I bought with my JP, and it's only 400 JP.

Jumza

Quote from: Dokurider on May 27, 2014, 03:57:23 pm
How? it's the only thing I bought with my JP, and it's only 400 JP.

Unlocking jobs still costs 250 jp (as I understand it) so you'd be 50 over the limit.

Dokurider

So I have to pay for initially unlocking Squire, and therefore only have 350 JP to work with instead of 600?

Jumza

Oh, right. Concentrate is a squire ability. I'm just gonna hide then

Zotis

Yes you have to pay 250 for squire.

Jumza

Quote from: Zotis on May 27, 2014, 10:36:05 pm
Yes you have to pay 250 for squire.

Well that seems a little silly doesn't it? I mean, if you're forcing us to start as a squire then either don't make us use 250 jp for it, or just let the players know they are starting with only 350 jp instead of 600. It's very misleading otherwise.