• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:21:25 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Tester's Report: Text

Started by Cheetah, September 04, 2009, 01:28:27 pm

Dominic NY18

October 08, 2009, 10:38:55 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
It looks like what's supposed to be the Silken Robe is the "Silked" Robe instead.

It's likely a mistake I made. Whoops  :( .

Dominic NY18

November 18, 2009, 02:21:55 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I think I'll have some actual free time to do more than cursory glances at the text soon. So maybe this weekend or the next, I'll be able to take an in-depth look at the text and pick out any errors or inconsistencies.

melonhead

November 27, 2009, 05:12:49 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "trismegistus"The Personae description for Argath at the end of Chapter 1 has an awkward line break between "higher" and "birth"

This is necessary because the length of Ramza's name can change from game to game. If someone names Ramza "WWWWWWWWWWWW" or something that is very wide, it will push the text off the edge of the window.

Quote from: "trismegistus"Also, a line runs too long when you're first made a treasure hunter, and extends a bit past the text box.

I'll fix this one

melonhead

November 27, 2009, 05:34:36 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "TRC"When you press select on "Act" in battle it gets the weird lines.
Fixed
Quote from: "Dominic NY18""Jobs capable of equipping" formatting is off on the Assassin's Dagger:
Fixed
Quote from: "Eternal248"I noticed that "Critical: Recover MP" doesn't completely fit. It shows "Critical: Recover M".
Fixed
Quote from: "Kamek"Darlavon reads a label wrong in the Roster tutorial #3 (Equipping Items).
I changed this so Darlavon says "All" instead, but I think I might go back and change it back to "Total" and change the column header.
Quote from: "FFMaster"
Fixed
Quote from: "trismegistus"On Flame Rod and Ice Rod, the spell effect (ie Blizzard and Fire) are placed under the "page down" icon, so they're only partially visible. The Thunder Rod seems to avoid this problem by making the description of the item on a separate page.

Fixed
Quote from: "Sen"
Fixed
Quote from: "Dominic NY18"As well as on the Orichalcum Dirk:
Faxed
Quote from: "TRC"FYI Power Gauntlet is misspelled as "Power Gaunltet"
Fluxed
Quote from: "FFMaster"Putting this under a graphics glitch, but I'm not too sure where it should go.
Fuxed
Quote from: "Dominic NY18"It looks like what's supposed to be the Silken Robe is the "Silked" Robe instead.
It's likely a mistake I made. Whoops  :( .
phixt
Quote from: "Sen"points to be considered: I think Chapter title texts must also be replaced from the WotL
This was a bug in Shishi I think. It's fixed.
Quote from: "Kamek"Darlavon gets his map navigation buttons swapped around.

And he gets the speed of this ninja wrong.
Why is that speech coming from the Ninja? Weird. But now the text is fixed.
Quote from: "Dominic NY18"Zwill Straightblade effect is partially covered by the next page icon:
Also fixed

melonhead

November 27, 2009, 06:52:36 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Sen"bravery +/- x

This is fixed now too

Cheetah

November 27, 2009, 09:19:44 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Hot damn Melonhead you went bananas over thanksgiving break. It is great to see us all getting time to gear up for another release in December.
Current Projects:

trismegistus

November 27, 2009, 10:46:14 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trismegistus
Awesome work with all the bug fixes Melonhead!

TRC

November 29, 2009, 12:12:03 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TRC
amazing, you guys are amazing

mav

November 29, 2009, 10:59:11 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Wow, great, great job, guys. Keep up the good work.

RandMuadDib

So here's a question for you guys who are working / have worked on FFT:C. Another thread in this topic suggested that you weren't/aren't using a standard version of FFTacText for your edits, and this seems to be causing problems for those of us who wish to use FFT:C as a base for our personal mods. Are you guys using TacText 457? 466? or the ever-elusive 478? Is there any way to get the exact same version you guys are using (rumor has it that you are using a modified 457, but thats just what i've heard).
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

chobibo

Are the fixes done by melonhead already applied to the v50 downloadable patch? When I applied the patch from the download, the errors were still present. Anyways, thanks for the effort, I hated the psp version for the slowdown, this saves me from having a nerd rage lol.

EDIT: Missing Text Bubble
I think there is a missing text bubble on the battle of Sweegy Woods(Siege Weald), the one being of Gaffgarion. Gaffgarion looks at Ramza but no text bubble appears and I think he was trying to say something there. I'll try to get a screenshot.

It was the battle to save the chocobo, if that needs to be known.

trismegistus

Hey  hey, been a few months, but now that I have a bit of free time again I was playing some FFT:C and came across this bug(?):

Screenshot: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8644/fazade.jpg

I never made it far enough in WotL to get this so I'm not fully sure if it's really a bug, but I'd assume that the word is supposed to be façade? Course, it could just be Square coming up with their own term, I dunno, either way I figured I'd bring it to your attention, if it's a bug then good, if not then that's how it goes.

Cheetah

Nice catch, I will look into it.
Current Projects:

trismegistus

Found another instance of the ol' lines through the text box in the descriptor for Marach's Corporeal Void. None of his other skills seemed to have it.

Screenshot: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1661/voidq.jpg

Cheetah

Quote from: "trismegistus"Found another instance of the ol' lines through the text box in the descriptor for Marach's Corporeal Void. None of his other skills seemed to have it.

Screenshot: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1661/voidq.jpg

Fixed (needs testing)! Thanks trismegistus. I think I fixed it, but it could use a double check at next release.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Quote from: "slivers7"Uh, I'd like to know if there's any way to correct the extra diagonal box lines in the "Grand Cross" move description (also the same when checked in-battle):

[attachment=0:1wxdvoha]grandcross2.JPG[/attachment:1wxdvoha]
[attachment=1:1wxdvoha]grandcross1.JPG[/attachment:1wxdvoha]

Fixed (needs testing)
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Hey i was just going through FFTacText working on my own patch built off of FFT:C, and i noticed that all of the holy swordskill effects don't have the Holy keyword in their descriptions. Its true that the WOTL script doesnt include them either (I also checked just to make sure) but i think that its important to have. Even though the fire spell is clearly fire elemental, it still says so in the description.

Just my two cents.

trismegistus

As far as I remember, the Holy Swordskills weren't Holy-based, they were just plain old physical attacks.

TRC

The Swordskills don't actually have an elemental property, they take on whatever property the sword you are using has.

RandMuadDib

Orly? I just started up a new patch and looked at them. They're all holy, and Lightning Stab/Hallowed bolt also has lightning. I also imported a freshly patched version of FFT:C and found the same thing.