• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:30:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

DarkShade's Sprites

Started by DarkShade, December 20, 2011, 08:51:42 pm

DarkShade

Shiven is a monster Sprite due to she only has limited frames. but yes im trying to get this fix for my mod but i dont know why it keeps changing in the game.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Durbs

January 14, 2012, 10:38:15 am #21 Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:43:48 am by Durbs
I get what you're going for with the mystery man, but... why doesn't he have any face? With the angle you use, the hood doesn't cover it up, and his face should be showing.

Does anyone have the link to the 'hooded' Ramza? I can't find it to use as an example.

EDIT: Here it is...
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1340.300
  • Modding version: PSX

DarkShade

January 14, 2012, 10:56:45 am #22 Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:00:59 pm by DarkShade
Yeah i got an up-to-date one that i havent posted yet so it will be up soon.

Edit: Here is an up-to-date version if it still needs to be change tell me i go free time.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

3lric

Quote from: DarkShade on January 14, 2012, 10:56:45 am
Yeah i got an up-to-date one that i havent posted yet so it will be up soon.

Edit: Here is an up-to-date version if it still needs to be change tell me i go free time.

Haha, he certainly is mysterious. I like the faceless look, but I'm weird like that XD

DarkShade

so guys what should his color be?

He can be White, Black, Red, DarkBlue, Green, Purple, Brown, and Diamond like Minecraft
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Durbs

I think you should make the hood's shading darker, but that's just me.

3lric

Quote from: DarkShade on January 14, 2012, 01:07:10 pm
so guys what should his color be?

He can be White, Black, Red, DarkBlue, Green, Purple, Brown, and Diamond like Minecraft

I've never played Minecraft x_x so i have no idea about the reference. but as personal prefrence i like Black, Red, Dark Blue and White

DarkShade

This is what i meant about the diamond reference. the mincraft picture the armor is in a different shade of color but there both bright.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Twinees

The hood needs to cover his face more, it still seems like he is blanked faced. Have a look at the purple mystery sprite.

DarkShade

the sprite is still in progress but i been messing with the portrait trying to make it look like the hood is covering face so i barely touch the sprite itself
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Celdia

Quote from: DarkShade on January 15, 2012, 09:35:37 am
This is what i meant about the diamond reference. the mincraft picture the armor is in a different shade of color but there both bright.

>_<   The color has a name: cyan.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

DarkShade

oh i thought cyan was somewhat darker a little bit
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Jon

Umm time for some constructive crits. Firstly, I think the recolored faceless Rofel as it is right now is totally horrible. The armor colors are okay but could either be desaturated a bit or just use existing colors from another sprite from the actual game. Honestly the portrait right now is the only thing going for it, but also that needs some major work. Like Kage said, look at the Purple Mystery sprite and portrait. Back to the sprite, the whole faceless thing isn't working. You either need to make the hood much more extended kinda like the Dark Emperor from Star Wars or actually give him a face. You can't just have some dark skin colors underneath the rim of the hood and actually think thats good enough. Sorry if I sound harsh, but someone has got to tell you. As for the other 2 sprites, the first one based heavily on Dart is pretty cool, keep it up like this! The Shivan sprite looks like a rip from FFT VW which is fine but you might want to desaturate these colors, they look way too bright. If you leave them like that you might actually blind your players in your patch or whatever. Also, the Shivan portrait is total crap. It doesn't even look remotely like the FFT style, make a new one. Hope this helps!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

DarkShade

Im still working on Mystery Man but Shiven i been trying to find the right colors for it but every time i try it just dust look right. Mystery Man Portrait will be updated to day and i should start working on the sprites.

Edit: Mystery Man Portrait is updated here it is.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Jon

Maybe this is too dark, but at least it isn't blinding anyone.

DarkShade

January 15, 2012, 05:09:27 pm #35 Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:01:45 pm by DarkShade
It is a little bit you almost got it though. Also Here i a Revamped look of my Mystery Man i used Dark Blue for his armor.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

GeneralStrife

Hmm, much better on the colors. The hood and the port are starting to come together too. Jons back! lol

3lric

I'm liking that mystery man. I may have to use that for something lol

Jon

Yes, you did a much better job on the sprite's hood. Now it matches the portrait. I like it now, lol good job. The blue armor almost looks...crystally...

DarkShade

January 16, 2012, 05:23:35 pm #39 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:18:29 pm by DarkShade
Thanks Jon and thank you all that help me with these sprites. I'm possibly going to make another sprite soon and Make a Revealed Version of Mystery Man, he wont be a mystery soon.

Edit: Well here is a Revamped version of Mystery Man
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here