• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Quick patcher animation question

Started by Durbs, April 13, 2011, 04:29:29 pm

Durbs

April 13, 2011, 04:29:29 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:31:46 pm by Durbs
Which number is for the animation for when the ultima demons enter (eg the white teleport)?

And also can someone explain to me why damage only appears when used on the snipe move slots when using animation skills? Actually, more of how can I fix it w/out using those slots is my question.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

1) Do you mean animation (that separate tab in patcher) or Effect (part of the ability tab).  If Effect...

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4830.0

Which I'm pretty sure is 02B   Summon Demon

QuoteAnd also can someone explain to me why damage only appears when used on the snipe move slots when using animation skills? Actually, more of how can I fix it w/out using those slots is my question.

...... what?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Durbs

Thanks for the first one- I genuinely could not find that.

As for my second question, what I'm asking is how to fix the fact that special moves (eg if I had a move whose animation was the summon demon) only display damage when the animation is in the Seal Evil, Leg Shot, or Arm Shot slot.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

April 14, 2011, 05:37:40 pm #3 Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:49:48 pm by philsov
as far as I know the damage display is tied to the effect itself, rather than ability slot.

For example you'll see some Effects (cure or Flare2) display damage on all units, while some effects (Choco Attack, iirc... lotta monster ones) only display damage on a single target (despite in the video all units taking damage).  In a similar vein, effects that normally don't display damage (Summon Demon, Teleport3, etc) can't be forced to display damage when used as specific abilities.

Edit:  This of course contradicts what you just said.  If you are seeing damage numbers only in specific slots and you want them to not display (why....) then I have no clue =\
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.