• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:40:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Japanese Tools

Started by Damon_Duvain, November 09, 2010, 08:38:23 pm

Damon_Duvain

November 09, 2010, 08:38:23 pm Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:48:35 am by Xifanie
Hello everyone, while browsing one of the forums i found a link to the Japanese website that listed several tools not available or not as updated as the current ones available, I don't know if the community is already a where of these tools or already has them but i download the ones under upload number 193 which has an updated FFTEVGRP, FFTPACKJ, FFTSPRM, FFTSPRSH, EvtchrView. and i am very interested in being able to use them. With fftvgrp having been updated past the currently translated one available. These files are listed as being created by Mr. 273 so all credit goes to said creator. The only Problem i have run into with testing or trying these new tools is that the window doesn't display the full area for modification i don't know if this has to do with it being a Japanese program or not any help or information on how to utilize these tools would be appreciated. Japanese  web link: http://fft.nm.land.to/ Found using Google Translate in to upload section Ive uploaded the Programs here for convenience.

formerdeathcorps

May 26, 2011, 05:06:26 am #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:43:05 pm by formerdeathcorps
Guys, this needs a lot more attention.  IN fact, the updated version of VGRP and EVTCHR viewer should be on the download page.

What does FFTPackJ do?

The download site is http://fft.nm.land.to/cgi-bin/upload.html

Some things of note:
194 (probably the JP version of melonhead's tools...something I can't use due to a complaint about .udm files)
193 (above tools--121 is an old version of their EVTCHR editor and contains no pictures; 110 is an older copy, including the current version of VGRP we have on FFH)
190 (their collected ASM debugged routines/hacks?)
188 (their ROM expander/hack patcher [JP equivalent of PPF-O-MATIC], but it may only work on the JP ISO--165 is an old version [hacks and ROM expansions include 142/140/126/109/81/79] with other stuff included)
187/183/178/156/84/83 (has .idn files; collected ASM hacks or tables that go with patching tools?)
127 (Edits various HELP files, but doesn't seem to work on US ISO files)
82 (Skillset editor [75 being an older version] or does it edit saves?)
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.