• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:46:03 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Just started using FFTPatcher but ...

Started by Dahl, May 16, 2010, 09:00:11 am

Dahl

This is my first time using FFTPatcher, I'm using it with War of the Lions, but I've been having a problem, even after reading tutorials, checking the WIKI, I can't get this to work ... I'm talking about adding characters after battle using the "Join after event box".

I'll just post here what I do, and, if possible you guys can help me ;_;

- Ripped the UMD using UMDGEN, creating the .iso
- Open FFTPatcher
- Open "Open patched ISO"
- Clicked the ENTD bar
- Clicked event, let's say, 184 - Magick City Gariland ( as an example ), being this event the first battle after the Prologue
- Clicked in the first generic male Squire ( Red Team ), checked the box "Join after event" / did the same to all the other generics, just because ...
- File - Save Patch
- PSP - Patch War of the Lions ISO
- Choose the path to the ISO ( without checking anything else ) -> OK

This is what I did, after that, I tested the ISO but no character joined the party after the battle ... can I have a little help here, if possible? I tried searching the forum, wiki, several tutorials ( hell, even gamefaqs ) and found nothing ;x

Knox

I'm pretty sure you gotta set it to be in your control during the battle, for it to actually join you after the battle.
Theres a thread somewhere around here that helped me figure it out, not too sure about WOTL though, as i play the PSX version- But i doubt its relevent.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

LastingDawn

Yes, it's strange... but clear "Join After Event" Red Units, do not join you, not the other team colors... to my knowledge they do join you.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!