• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:15 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Latest Patcher

Started by SentinalBlade, August 07, 2009, 01:34:41 am

SentinalBlade

August 07, 2009, 01:34:41 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Melonhead has been making betas and everything for awhile now, and we have been testing the living fire out of them.

Anyways, this release is stable, and recent. within the past 2 months at least.

LOTS of bug fixes, many new added features. please take a look around for them.

This post is temporary, until melonhead finds time to write up a change log.

You will also find the program FFTorgASM.exe, This program automatically applies ASM hacks from various authors to your iso. no more will you have to download a hex editor just to get Razele's hacks into your iso.

Have fun! if oyu have questions, please feel free to ask.

this post was made with Melonhead's personal permission.

Aquablack

August 07, 2009, 08:57:56 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Nice! I can't wait to see what's new.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Vanya

August 07, 2009, 12:05:57 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
FFTorgASM is freakin' awesome!! It looks like it will even make the creation of new ASM hacks easier by speeding up the testing phase. Sweet! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

August 07, 2009, 12:18:15 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
should add the palette limit hacks into that
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kaijyuu

August 07, 2009, 07:14:34 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Spiffy.
  • Modding version: PSX

Tokwa

August 08, 2009, 06:51:30 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tokwa
I have a problem...
This happens whenever I use Shishi and reconstruct the ISO (it's a fresh ISO no mods or whatsoever)
I start the game, and during the Orboune Monastery thing
The game crashes.

If someone could help me, that would be great.

DarthPaul

August 08, 2009, 08:11:29 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I feel like I just jizzed in my pants on a boat during the space olympics.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SentinalBlade

August 08, 2009, 10:55:07 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Tokwa

Take note of the addresses, if it crashes it should say something like "illegal opcode 00396" or some shit....

Youll have to mention it to melonhead on chat, im not experiencing that problem. Though my reconstructed ISO is COMPLETLY CLEAN. it was un modded before. is yours?

Tokwa

August 09, 2009, 06:08:09 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Tokwa
Yeah mine was unmodded

Alright, I'll try to contact melonhead.
Right now I'll just stick to the old Shishi :]

iopyud

September 19, 2009, 11:04:13 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
I'm having this error on all the applications.

What am I doing wrong?
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Cheetah

September 19, 2009, 12:36:23 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Make sure you have .Net Framework, I think that is what it is called, installed. Make sure that you are opening the program and all relevant files in the "Programs Folder".
Current Projects:

iopyud

September 19, 2009, 08:25:59 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Alright. I'll try it. Thanks.

EDIT

Got it working. The Net Framework thing did the trick, it made me install Windows Installer 1.3 but whatever.

Thanks.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

dark_knight

October 25, 2009, 05:01:11 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dark_knight
what do you do with the framework after saving it?
i mean what is the next step

MasterGrand

ok thanks man good luck ^^
Let's be together !!

Krendall

Loving the patcher, but I'm having a problem: it doesn't patch any changes to store inventories. Do I have to keep a certain amount of of items per shop or is something just not working?

In case it makes any difference, I'm playing the US version (SCUS-94221).

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Krendall"Loving the patcher, but I'm having a problem: it doesn't patch any changes to store inventories. Do I have to keep a certain amount of of items per shop or is something just not working?

In case it makes any difference, I'm playing the US version (SCUS-94221).

His coding for this doesn't work.  You have to hex edit it manually.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

itoikenza

Someone please tell me how to make a .img (528,629kb) into .iso that works with fftpatcher & shishi! Got .img from mediafire don't have actual disc yet!

edit: well i tried a img from demonoid and it works with both, sure hope it doesn't crash on me later...

http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/
Some hits you, So miss you, the center too, enter you, hits undone, have some fun, I know! misses come, render none, enter some... Always won!!... incomplete I know...

philsov

.img is a valid format that works with fftpatcher and shishi.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Ashai

Greetings.
Pardon me being new and such. I noticed in the .XML for the FFTorgASM that the "Katana Break" has the tag "Path" instead of "Patch". I was wondering why it didn't show up in the program so I fixed it on my end. I thought I would give you feed back about it.

Also, how does one undo the previous ASM Patch application to the .bin file for the game?

Sorry, I'm relatively new at hacking. I only know very basic things about it.

Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.

-Ashai

Vanya

The katana break patch is flawed as the values its changing for the break rate is in reality their attack power, and you can't undo the patches.
¯\(°_0)/¯