• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

jimmyjw88

Hmm...But now the transition is towards yellow and less of brown, unless brown was your intension. And sure, Lijj. I'll try and see what i can do for the female.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

their eyes seem slightly too far apart... kinda scary
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

September 28, 2011, 08:52:51 pm #622 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:22:46 am by jimmyjw88
Lijj, are you going to revamp the rogue sprite as well? For the hair, I mean because it doesn't seems to match if you're not.

EDIT ~ Update (29/9/11)
A quick fix in eyes and moved the face of rogue a pixel in to make it look less big and round and the ear as well.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I agree with what everyone said here. The thing that stands out the most is the small hair on Rouge(unproportional to the head it seems), like Raven mentioned, and other thing that strikes me is the bright skin color on Female and Male Warriors.

I noticed that the biggest thing that seems off in your ports are faces(like eyes, outlines etc.), so I will link this goody, which will surely help you set up the skin palettes well, and even shade the face:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5338.0

As to the refs, you don't need to have ISO neccesarily. You can get portrait from games here:
http://ffhacktics.com/spr.php

Looking forward for more! And great work Jimmy on FFT'ing it

jimmyjw88

September 29, 2011, 11:15:46 am #624 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:46:48 am by jimmyjw88
Alright, I've done some tweaks on the Female Knight.

Though, her head looks big probably because of her hair, which I haven't get to that yet.
C & C ~

Lijj

September 29, 2011, 02:27:08 pm #625 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:49:54 pm by Lijj
Looks definitely better JimmyJW. I think the entire foundation of the girl is just off; therefore I will start redoing it completely from scratch again. Mainly because of the line-art of the hair; the way that bang obfuscates her eyebrow. I may take what you've done with it and just remake the hair. But I'm also feeling up to a whole new attempt.. I'll need to make up my mind!
Thanks for the complement on Sahagin's portrait Raven. It is honestly the only one I've done that I'm proud of; I've even posted it on pixel Joint for use as my avatar.
I will check out those links too Kage, thank you.
Oh yeah, I do like the mentalists' portraits too.. so I'm proud of three so far. The goal is to make these next three something to behold.

Edit: To put the spr. files to use I would need an ISO.  I do have CoP so when I'm through I can use that I guess.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Ok I think she is something to behold now. I gave her a more determined warrior's look by tilting the pose forward a bit. I just went with the idea of redoing it completely. This time I used references from the get-go :lol: (nervous laugh). I had no work whatsoever today dang it.

RavenOfRazgriz

Much improved, personally.  As far as hair shape and such, only her ear being completely exposed strikes me as weird and/or unnatural.  I'd imagine her hair would at least be partially obscuring it.   Her two front bangs look like they're a bit too large and section-y, but it's still a 9001% improvement over the original and more than fixable with some touchups I imagine.  It was definitely worth doing over from the beginning, because you fixed a lot of problems I hadn't immediately mentioned but were in the back of my mind too.

I wouldn't classify it as a "problem" because I get the odd feeling even vanilla Portraits do it, but her eye furthest from the viewer being almost completely invisible looks odd.  Maybe it's because her other eye is so small?  Female Oracle uses a similar eye setup, but her eyes are longer vertically and the less visible one is slightly more visible, making it more natural looking, personally.

Despite my crits, I do actually rather like where this one's going and it was well worth the effort.  Hopefully if/when you revisit the Generic Samurais, you can perform similar magic to the Female there.  This is looking nice, and stronger than her Male counterpart now even as-is most likely.  Maybe you should just stick to straight redos?  Haha. 

jimmyjw88

September 30, 2011, 01:48:23 am #628 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:55:12 am by jimmyjw88
Okay, for the new portrait, her face needs to move in a pixel. You need to clean up the shading around her chin/neck area. Her eyebrows aren't parallel with her eyes and its looking like "(0.o) what?". Also, add some depths in your choice colours. And everything Raven mentioned.

Twinees

Yeah Lijj, what you've got there is a much better than your previous attempts, the angle of her head like that suits her well. As Raven mentioned, the hair flow is a lot better, but there are a few oddities now due to the angle of the head. Personally, I like how the hair goes behind her ear. The blues and whites/gray colours aren't working too well, they just dont have enough depth of colour I think. I think you will need to use the dark brown/s or black to work with the blues (make them darker perhaps?) to achieve that depth.

I did an edit to address some other issues I saw (particularly the parting of the hair at the top looked weird to me). Anyway I hope you like the edits I did in my deranged state haha.

I LOVE the Sahagin portrait, great shading and the lot. The chubby-ness etc reminds me of the look and sound of the leader of JarJar Bink's people (star wars)... I dont know his name, you know that fat guy im talking about :P.

jimmyjw88

September 30, 2011, 06:16:11 am #630 Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:22:42 pm by jimmyjw88
That rough fix looks great, Twins. I'll try see if I can do something when I get back.

EDIT: Update (1/10/11)
Alright, I've done some tweaks.

C & C ~

Zozma

this picture looks much better now with this final update i think her pigtails are not angled properly though... either move the back one further back or move the closer one more to the side to match their distance from eachother...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

RavenOfRazgriz

Echoing Zozma.  Move the further back one (to our right) a bit more right to make it a bit more natural, personally.  I hadn't paid them as much attention as I should've before so I hadn't noticed.

Lijj

You guys have done well touching this up! Especially the far eye (angle etc.). Good hair as always Twin. I'm loving the more brilliant colors also JimmyJW. Let me make the final sweep to honor Zozma and Ravens' request (I'll be able to work on it tonight a bit).
Thanks for the compliment on Sahagin Twin; I guess I did well on it because it was one where I needed no refs nor needed not to copy.
Hope you recover fully soon.
Finally, Raven, you've got it; Female Samurai is next up. Though it looks like I will be inundated with work finally, so it may come later than I'd like. It's pretty unpredictable of a schedule.

Lijj

Well heck. I may not have any time to do this (moving the pigtails back to about where I had them originally in the latter version). Work is serious right now. But anyway I will get to it, and the girl samurai when possible.

Kagebunji

Take your time, Lijj. There is no use rushing the work, it might end up badly, heh. I am looking forward to the Female Samurai.

jimmyjw88

Well, if you need any help, feel free to ask.

GeneralStrife

hell yeah lijj, looks much better. good to have you back.

Lijj

November 19, 2011, 02:41:01 pm #638 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:46:21 pm by Lijj
Hey! I finally got back to working on this a little more. Credit to Twin on the hair.
I just reworked the ponytail on her left and the neck which seemed to bulge out on the bottom in the last two/three editions. I also reworked the shoulders and collar entirely. Oh yeah, and I made the hair ties white again ( :mad: ).

Kagebunji

To me it's been looking good since last few updates, so I have nothing to add :P

Congratulations on this.