• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:54:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

2nd FFT Arena Single Class Challenge AI Tournament

Started by Barren, August 11, 2015, 07:16:35 am

Corosar

I am hre i am here... been not feeling really well... sleep deprivation has some rather nasty effects on the body. though i will get recording in a few moments.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Reks

Quote from: Corosar on August 27, 2015, 11:27:13 pm
I am hre i am here... been not feeling really well... sleep deprivation has some rather nasty effects on the body. though i will get recording in a few moments.

Or as long as it took me to get around making your mcr :P

But yes looking forward to them all!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

gatebuster202

Can anyone make a video of properly using the damn import function. I'm hand writing everything in. Takes me 15 minutes per pair.

After trying to record three times today and having nothing usable due to several unique factors, (cat, child, wife, mother-in-law.) I am letting Corosar do his thing. In the interim, I will be switching Emulators and getting 200fps record speed so I can commentate live, vs commentating after each match is recorded. Provides better commentary for you and I don't have to spend five hours on four matches.

@Barren/CT5 I was trying to get the Doom Train movin, so I can see if DW built a better Geo Team or not.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Kurosabes

I could send you a .gme with every palette in but I'm not sure it would help. They have set values, so you still have to input the zodiacs, Brave & Faith in FFTastic and then go in-game, set jobs, manually learn + equip abilities and equip the items. Once you're used to it it really isn't too bad. I can also make a short video on how I proceed to make a team with this unusual method.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

gatebuster202

Sure WKW, that'd be awesome. I haven't used FFTastic yet, but it should be easy. A video would certainly help me as, I tend to be stupider without one.

Corosar

Alrighty here are the matches... again no music though... i find it exceptionally hard to be effecient and looking for Music when all i can find are 3 minute versions... anywho!

Loser Bracket Match 17 - Krypt vs TrueLight
Loser Bracket Match 18 - Gaignun vs fattyzilla
Loser Bracket Match 19 - silentkaster vs Mudvayne
Loser Bracket Match 20 - Heroebal vs Skiploom188
Time for a new season!

skiploom188

Wow Maki-chan! (my undead mediator) Not only did she revive on time when all was dead in Round 1, but she also showed the will to survive on Round 2 as well. It's funny seeing in Round 2 that the berserk Bard accidentally keeps healing my Undead Mediator. Close fight, but Mediators fell short in the end. Aww now no one will represent Mediators :(

Congrats Heroebal, keep the Bards alive!
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Corosar

Ahh... thanks alot shintroy... that will help out alot
Time for a new season!

Jumza

Another late comment :P

Aagh! Wow! That's super frustrating :P
Maybe I should have gone with another form of absorb or something, seeing as I picked earth because it had the most forms of absorption (which looking back was a terrible awful idea). Nice job though, GG.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mudvayne

I can't believe I won. I really thought you were going to be the one to eliminate me again like in the last tourney. Looks like I have avenged my self. After seeing you totally take control of R1, and seeing the time left on the match, I really did not expect to be able to come back and take 2 rounds that quickly. GG man.

To my opponent in R5:
GL Heroebal. I think this is the end of the line for me. Your team scares me haha.

Mediators were well represented by you. Your team did a fine job and got much farther than I'd anticipate a team of all mediators to go. The way they were put together worked well with all the different guns.

Heroebal

Wizards showed their tenacity here, I thought krypt's oracles was gonna take this one.

Speed magic vs speed physical. That archer thief did a pretty good job shutting down the undead time mage and chipping in on the other units.

Yeah I was surprised to see the comeback with so short of time left. GG Mud

Yeah that was a fun match. Your undead mediator got the right idea towards the end of R2, ie put my guys to sleep/da then kill them with guns/holy. She maybe could have pulled it off herself if she landed more of the talk skills off. 

Idk we'll see how it goes, you do have counter magic on your side. One of my spells getting countered followed by a chiri or summon of your own could cripple me. That berserked unit may have enough dmg to one shot or cripple anyone he touches, hopefully my white bard doesn't forget he has protect...   Frog could be a problem also I think only my white bard can get rid of it.

gatebuster202

August 28, 2015, 03:33:47 pm #212 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:09:59 am by gatebuster202
@ all Round 4
Wow guys, this was a great round of fights.
At Krypt/TrueLight - So what's it gonna take to really bring down all that lovely wizard sandbag because this is a great team Truelight.
Krypt, I thought you had a good shot at taking round 4 but, fate was not in your favor.

gaignun/fattyzilla. Not quite sure who I thought would win, but it was fun to watch ;) GG

Silent v Mud. Wow. i thought the monks had it. GG and keep going Mudvayne!

skip v Herobal. Well, that's... :( I wanted the Mediators to keep rocking the house. oh well. Herobal, your bards scare me.

Krypt

Now it's my time, GG Truelight. It showed me the gap between us. Good luck in your next match

Good luck for the remaining teams here in the upcoming match. I love being the part of the tourney even when i lost.
looking the comment on the low-faith oracles, i think it was my mistake here (that pilgrimage thingy also). Ill working for the revision later but no regrets, they have brought me this far.

PS: Take that Oracles to the final Rouroni, im countin on you

Barren

August 30, 2015, 07:44:22 pm #214 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:25:25 am by Barren
If CT5Holy doesn't get his next match coming up in a couple of days I will finish the remainder of the matches to get things moving

EDIT: Just got word that CT5Holy will do the next two matches and I will handle the championship match
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

You have done the oracles proud, Krypt. Excellent first run! The odds are stacked against us, but if you lend me your lovely lady luck we may have a chance.

Well skip, looks like the party's over. You did great this time around, you should be proud. Was a blast to see your team in action!

Good luck everyone, may the best (wo)man win!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

dw6561

Good match. I am kind of dissapointed, but I still have a chance to come back. And yeah, it was probably the unevadable 120 damage geomancies that cost me in the end. I am a huge fan of elemental, but since I prioritized evade I wasn't able to boost it as much as gatebuster did. Also, my team had 8 speed across the board so those slow 2's really screwed me up. On a brighter note, it was really funny to see all those reraises. I guess my team just gave up at the end. Time to go suplex the doom train!
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

gatebuster202

@Match V DW6561 then Reks v Rouroni Elmdore
That was a good match, I really enjoyed how that played out DW. Your team kept threatening a comeback in R3. That DS was not making any friends R1 and probably why Alexi abandoned the white magic Geomancer. GG so far. Look forward to your trip on the Doom Train.

@Reks. I'm coming for those squires. We'll see how their Demi goes versus Elemental.
@Elmdore. I wanted those Oracles, but a similar counter set up took them down. :(. Good luck on the DT.

Reks

Quote from: gatebuster202 on August 31, 2015, 06:35:19 pm
@Match V DW6561 then Reks v Rouroni Elmdore
That was a good match, I really enjoyed how that played out DW. Your team kept threatening a comeback in R3. That DS was not making any friends R1 and probably why Alexi abandoned the white magic Geomancer. GG so far. Look forward to your trip on the Doom Train.

@Reks. I'm coming for those squires. We'll see how their Demi goes versus Elemental.
@Elmdore. I wanted those Oracles, but a similar counter set up took them down. :(. Good luck on the DT.

Funny: Demi is more of a side offense and a way to heal the Cursed Ring Squire.

The ones you'll wanna watch for are the male Squires. Especially the second one. He eats low-HP units for breakfast, and as far as I can see none of your units really have over 300 HP.

We'll have to see in the end. I did not expect to win against Rouroni, and that's because he'd hit my weakness hard (and did).
  • Discord username: Reks#0128