• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:45:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Suggestion Box/Comment box

Started by Kokojo, April 15, 2009, 12:10:23 am

Kokojo

Quote from: SlavoSSa on September 10, 2011, 12:05:24 pm
Heya guys!I cant kill Lesail  :|, he oneshoting Gospel.Any have same problem?Tried 5 times... :ban:

With what ability?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kokojo

Quote from: SlavoSSa on September 15, 2011, 11:14:34 am
Tremor i think!

Next version will correct that. I should make it in 2-3 hours.

Kalas

I think once you get all the technical business down, it may be in your best interest to..spruce up nearly everything literary because at the moment it's workable but I think you can definitely get something better out of the concept.

Ilya and Schaefer need a custom sprite. They also need to be seen longer so that I feel an actual emotion other than "well there goes my best ___."

Can the recruited allies throughout have set brave and faith so that I don't need to reset the battle for good ones?

At the battle where Lysay is ambushed in the swamp (...which I'm assuming is supposed to be a forest..as they just fought angry trees), could the placements of all the parties be a bit more spread out? You're RIGHT next to both parties and they go before you, so the ability to "run away" doesn't quite work. I love the battle though--favorite one! (The idea of it)

This is such a...lackluster version of my original post. :/

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 18, 2011, 07:38:39 am #45 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:04:46 am by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I love the three way battle.  I didn't even know we could do that.

Also, I'd like to reiterate the call for unique sprites for Ilya and Schaefer.  Much like Kalas said above me, it helps you attach an emotion to the character.  I think about Algus in this regard.  If he had just been a generic sprite, my hate and ire for him would probably be dulled, as I wouldn't be able to pin him down to just that one smug look.

Chapter 1 spoiler:
My biggest peeve so far has been the turn of Schaefer. Why did Gospel decide he didn't need him? In fact Gospel didn't even say he didn't need him. Schaefer just apparently saw it on Gospel's face and reacted. It was a poor tactical move on Gospel's behalf as well.  You don't dismiss teammates while storming a castle.  Anywho, there needs to be a little more exposition on this point, and perhaps a little more foreshadowing.  Maybe if Schaefer has a conversation with Gospel before this about regretting killing his former colleagues (and Gospel has a problem with this)

Also, good job on the custom map.  It's a bit grainy, but good job!

Wiz

October 18, 2011, 06:27:21 pm #46 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:11:34 pm by Wiz
Quote from: Kuraudo Sutoraifu on October 18, 2011, 07:38:39 am

Chapter 1 spoiler:
My biggest peeve so far has been the turn of Schaefer. Why did Gospel decide he didn't need him? In fact Gospel didn't even say he didn't need him. Schaefer just apparently saw it on Gospel's face and reacted. It was a poor tactical move on Gospel's behalf as well.  You don't dismiss teammates while storming a castle.  Anywho, there needs to be a little more exposition on this point, and perhaps a little more foreshadowing.  Maybe if Schaefer has a conversation with Gospel before this about regretting killing his former colleagues (and Gospel has a problem with this)

Gospel dismissed Schaefer from his party because thought Schaefer was a liability after admitting the truth to Barinten as to who they were, but more importantly, because he charged in battle foolishly against the guards in Lesial's castle who were holding Gospel's followers captive. As for your comment about how you shouldn't boot comrades (Schaefer) out of your party while raiding a stronghold, I have to disagree with that. If I were Gospel, I can't worry about Schaefer's safety whilst I'm in the middle of fighting since that will only break my concentration in a life and death moment. Someone who's only distracting me when I'm trying to complete a mission I wouldn't want on my team, but that's just me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: Wiz on October 18, 2011, 06:27:21 pm
Gospel dismissed Schaefer from his party because thought Schaefer was a liability after admitting the truth to Barinten as to who they were, but more importantly, because he charged in battle foolishly against the guards in Lesial's castle who were holding Gospel's followers captive. As for your comment about how you shouldn't boot comrades (Schaefer) out of your party while raiding a stronghold, I have to disagree with that. If I were Gospel, I can't worry about Schaefer's safety whilst I'm in the middle of fighting since that will only break my concentration in a life and death moment. Someone who's only distracting me when I'm trying to complete a mission I wouldn't want on my team, but that's just me.

Wiz, I just watched your commentary of Chapter One.  Umm, either my patching was bad or Chapter One got messed up when Part II came out, because in my playtrhough, Gospel did not a say a dang thing during that scene.  But in your commentary, he had plenty to say, which clears up everything.  I'm gonna play through Chapter One again to see if it goofs again.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Well, I've yet to start over to see if that part is still bugged, but I did finish Chapter II.  I had a lot of trouble getting the other two team to fight each other in Sweegy Woods, but once I figured out how to do it, the battle got much, much easier.  After that point, the rest of the chapter felt like a breeze.

I'm trying to decide if Reckoning is overpowered.  Only one of my characters seemed to do much damage with it, but when 4 out of my five character were using it, all I had to do was run away while casting Reckoning.  This strategy would just chip at them, but kiting was rather effective.  It makes using Lightning Stab and Judgment obsolete.

Also, Steal is a phenomenal skillset.  Steal Armor often does more damage than attacking.  Poison bomb is almost a necessity for high HP monster encounters, and whatever the skill is that adds Don't Move (Blowdart, maybe?) is a must for the Move HP-Up encounters.

One suggestion I have for the three way battle is that the two guest knights need to start with equipment that does not give them perma-slow.  They get double turned by two teams before they get to do anything.  Maybe that was part of the challenge, but it was hella annoying.

P.S. I love what you did with the Tonberry.  1 move, plus super speed, plus hyper-lethality was awesome.

Kokojo