• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:00:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Questions About Changing Sprite Colors in WOTL

Started by StaticLynx, November 24, 2009, 04:32:36 am

StaticLynx

November 24, 2009, 04:32:36 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Hai, hai...I just came across this site recently and was beyond all for it. It's amazing to know a site like this one exsists but in all reality being new here, I did "actually" have some questions to ask.

(I'm running custom firmware on my PSP and I'm really etching to know if particular things can be done.)

-Is it possible to change classes sprite colors? (I.E. For example Turning my standard blue/brown archer into the colors of a death corpse archer green/brown.)

-I know for the PSP version you can't simply add new things, you must replace things already exsisting, but how exactly do you per say take some of the custom sprites here and put them over classes that are never used such as Duke or Witch of the Coven?

Just really curious...thanks for any help you can provide, it means "a lot". ^^

Dominic NY18

November 24, 2009, 10:52:04 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
The first can be done either by editing the base sprite palette or by using this CWCheat code before a battle begins.

_C0 Palette Modifier Units 1-5
_L 0x00AE7B38 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE7D20 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE7F08 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE80F0 0x0000000?
_L 0x00AE82D8 0x0000000?

Replace the question mark one of these digits for the palette you want
0 - Default Colors
1 - Northern Sky
2 - Southern Sky
3 - Corpse Brigade/Unaffiliated
4 - Church of Glabados
5 - Shadow (Sprite is completely black)

If you want, you can also use each line in the code as its own separate code if you don't want to be bothered changing the colors of all of the units. Keep in mind that that the unit numbers in this case refers to how you arrange your units on the pre-battle formation screen, not in the party roster screen.

_ L_/_ K_/_ J_/_ I_/
_ H_/_ G_/_ F_/_ E_/
_ D_/_ C_/_ B_/_ A_/

It's a not great diagram, but basically, let's say this is a pre-battle formation screen and you've deployed five units. Their unit number will be determined by the alphabetical order of the spaces they are on.

As for the second thing, I'm not exactly sure since I haven't done that much in-depth sprite editing. It can be done, but I'm not sure how to explain it.

StaticLynx

November 24, 2009, 09:16:35 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Thank you so much this helps beyond words expression, I'll use it to it's full potential, again thank you.

StaticLynx

November 26, 2009, 01:10:27 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
New question I need answered for the next experiment I'm trying to do.

- I am told FFT V1.3 can be patched over Wotl problem is, I've got no idea where to start I'd assume it'd start with extracting the Iso off the umd I have but from there on out i've got no clue. T.T

Thanks, help is really, really appreciated.

Zypher

November 26, 2009, 06:00:34 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zypher
You're almost there, basically extract the ISO from the eboot and patch the .ppf file of the 1.3 mod onto the extracted ISO using ppf-o-matic which is also provided in the 1.3 download topic in the 1.3 section of the forums. Once the .ppf is applied turn the ISO back into an eboot. Put it back into the PSP like you normally would for a PSP eboot, load up and prepare for a hard and long plowing through of a game mod that's made me cry in frustration (you'll see why when you get to the newly added battles)

Have Fun!  :P

P.S. I think its preferred to have topics like this in the HELP! section of the forums (not too sure mostly b/c I haven't been here for long myself) but I'm just saying that for future reference. Best of Luck!
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

StaticLynx

November 26, 2009, 06:32:46 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Again I can't thank you guyts enough for the assistance, and errr...after I made my first post I kinda noticed it should've been put into the help topic but oh well, mistakes are sometimes unavoidable. Thankfully at least all of this solely pertains to Wotl.

I have two more questions based on two already answered, again sorry for all the hassle :/.

-Do I put v1.3 on my memory stick or just overwrite the umd? Because, ya' know if one were to overwrite the UMD not having the vanilla version anymore would bite just a lil' more or less I'm asking where did you put your eboot version?

-It was fairly easy to figured out how to change my spirte colors after you gave me the CW code, which was amazing by the way. Anyways I didn't understand all of what I was told just enough to make it work, but now this piques my curiosity is there anyway to permanently change "a" sprite color (in-game) of course, because the cheat allows it to work during battle, however I was wondering if there was anyway to carry this out of battle, i.e. Formation screen, and roster screen? So basically changing the spirtes color and keeping it that way.

This means alot, thankies <3.

Zypher

November 26, 2009, 09:30:51 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zypher
I put mine on my memstick. Make a folder titled ISO (all caps like what I just typed) in the Root Directory of your Memstick, drop the WotL ISO file in their and assuming your PSP is CFW ready.... voila!

As for permanently changing sprites yes it is possible for the PSX version, but I am unaware as to what inroads have been made regarding this in the WotL port. This is mainly due to the fact that you basically overwrite the default sprite files with edited sprite files in the corresponding data folders in the PSX FFT ISO. As far as my knowledge is (which is admittedly not very far) it has not been done yet for the WotL port.

Sprite files in WotL were messed with in order to bring in the new PSP only classes and the addition of some brand new side quests and a story line battle and undoubtedly I'm sure w/e other changes they did with the in-game engine (glares at the locked 30FPS clockspeed during battle animations).

However the above is merely conjecture on my part b/c when I hacked in the Serpentarius job in my PSX file his sprite was normally displayed in battle and in the formation screen. In WotL the job is represented in battle as a female Oracle.

In sum, very much possible in the PSX version, not so much in the PSP version.

Hope this helps.

Author's Note: Any amount of correction to the stupid possibly contained in this post is much appreciated, since it is 6:30 Am here in teh West Coast and I have to get to bed.

StaticLynx

November 26, 2009, 10:18:25 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
So far so good, just one more small issue I came across, when ripping my umd into an iso for my computer I hit a small roadblock. The ppf-o-matic can not read the ISO, however I came across and downloaded a CSO off the web and it worked wonderfully. Will the CSO work in place of the ISO on the memory stick or do you not know?

Dominic NY18

November 26, 2009, 11:27:32 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
No, the ppf will only work on an unaltered ISO. The CSO is a compressed ISO. As for the ISO problem, try right click>Properties and uncheck the "Read-only" attribute.

Also, I'm going to move this over to the Help forum, since this topic will probably get more attention over there.

Archael

November 26, 2009, 01:14:43 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
props to those helping out

Zypher

November 30, 2009, 02:29:13 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zypher
no problem Voldemort it's the least I can do