• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:33 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA EDITOR: All In One v0.7 is now out!!

Started by Darthatron, June 02, 2013, 12:36:11 pm

Darthatron

June 02, 2013, 12:36:11 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 06:53:00 pm by Darthatron
Get it here!

It has an improved update system and the A-Ability editor is now implemented. Enjoy.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

bcrobert

You even included every known binary flag! <3

It looks fantastic. And I'm interested in the formation editor. Is it gonna be an editor for enemy data or for that little stretch of data where some pointers and the number of allied units allowed is stored?
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Ethereal Embrace

Kerafyrm Six

So uhm ive been reading up on this ffta topics and have many questions however one i really am wondering about is with the AIO Editor so i thought the question belonged here.

In AIO/new job editor/other(tab)/abilities window/clicked the pencil icon

what does FFTA Race Editor do? i mean i have an idea i guess of what i does but im not noticed a difference or maybe im doing it wrong.

ill just come out and say this now, i am a noob as i just started messing with ffta but im having fun.
for example i got the nightmare and modules and saw all these files and im not used to it and have no idea what to do with them or if i should.

one more thing, most if not all the people here seem very understanding, friendly, and social so i like it here ^.^

Kerafyrm Six

nvm i looked around somemore and found out how the race editor does.
im good for now :)

Jumza

Can't believe I waited this long to check this out. It's so awesome! Keep up the good work guys!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kerafyrm Six

Very nice update ^.^ i love this tool thanks alot

im looking forward to anything else you make really lol

ArcticPrism

Are there any more updates planned for this?

Also, exactly which missions do tier 2 and 3 items unlock if you use the hack that unlocks things based on story progression?

bcrobert

Afaik updates for this tool are not immediately in the works. Darthatron was cooperating with someone on a map editor though, and he was working on compression as recently as last night so it's safe to say his work is still on the radar right now.

I remember that the story progression hack used the totema battles as the checkpoints. I could be wrong but I -think- it was after the 2nd totema and then after the 4th totema?

ArcticPrism

Oh, I see. I suppose I will give that a test. The 2nd Totema sounds about right. Will check after 4th one. I wonder if a map editor will help with AI formation modding in the future.

Also, speaking of AI, is it possible to choose which items the AI will use in battle? For regular skillsets you can in the formation editor, but item doesn't seem to have the option I don't recall them ever using anything besides Potion and Phoenix down. I tried changing the behavior on some of the items and they started using them, but I don't want them using X-Potions at level 5.

bcrobert

Eternal confirmed that it should be after the 2nd and 4th totema.

I know what you mean, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to give them their own inventories. I would just give them a high chance of using common items and a low chance of using rare items. But the item A-ability should phase out as you progress in the game, in my opinion. Later on the enemies should have more dedicated healers (white mages, summoners, etc) and secondary healers (elementalists, paladins, etc) to mirror what you would expect to face from a human opponent.

ArcticPrism

I tested as well and the new stuff did unlock after the 4th Totema.

Yeah. I haven't used the item on AI teams past the mid point or so of the game as they become inferior to what you mentioned. 1 range, no aoe, Esuna like spells can remove several debuffs instead of only one etc.

ArcticPrism

If this is ever updated, in the formation editor can you change the first unknown value section under unit flags to something else indicating the unit's placement? The first value is the horizontal placement and the second is verticial placement. X/Y values I guess. The 3rd value is the direction the unit faces.

Darthatron

Thank you! I will add that to the next version, but perhaps not with the text boxes ;)

ArcticPrism

Do you think we'll eventually be able to edit names and descriptions with this?

Darthatron

Quote from: ArcticPrism on June 06, 2014, 11:47:48 am
Do you think we'll eventually be able to edit names and descriptions with this?
Yeah absolutely. Hopefully that day is not too far away. :)

ArcticPrism

How much do you still mess with the AIO editor?

Eternal

Glorious changes are coming to AIO in the near future. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

If only you knew o.o

But yeah, be patient Arctic, great things are coming!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ArcticPrism

Quote from: Jumza on June 12, 2014, 02:17:06 pm
If only you knew o.o

But yeah, be patient Arctic, great things are coming!

I can do that.