• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:11:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

I have received quite a few requests on some matches as of late. I will eventually get to them but for this week I'm swamped with homework. But spring break starts soon so I will definitely start doing videos again and this time post a bunch of them as much as possible
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

And i'm still not free yet.

Soon enough, though.

Note: This thread hit the 100,000th view not too long ago, hehe.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

silentkaster

March 06, 2014, 07:54:49 pm #3063 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:05:08 pm by silentkaster
Thanks Barren!!!!! I really appreciate the video!!!!

ShadowDragon and I had this coming for a while!

Match 1: Basically, whoever got two lores off in a row first wins. Short Charge would have ShadowDragon winning most of the time, but they went for Haste 2 and Holy in Round 1 and 3 which is the only reason I won.

Match 2: Of all of them, Round 2 was my favorite. I mean...back and forth the entire time.  The squire running out of MP saved Diana Ross which led to my eventual victory. Funny how little things affect matches.

Interesting Side Note: Paladin won't grand cross heal without an enemy target. I gave him Move MP up thinking he would be able to heal himself and not go hide. Might have to revise that? We'll see :)

Match 3: Silence Song does things. Good ability to have on that samurai. Very well thought out yin yang user.

Match 4: If the cursed ring users were the yin yang magic user and the  draw out bard, I think ShadowDragon would have had a much better chance...at least in Round 1. Once his esuna using bards got petrified, it was over. Yeah, I might drop kiyomori...though I was kinda inclined to keep it as a further stall tactic for teams which had physical attackers. IDK...The Four Seasons is my first and favorite team. Kiyomori did provide lulz though when they decided to DA, poison, blind, and steal the death sentenced unit's accessory.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

ShadowDragon15

I have realized from this video that none of my teams are completely finished, and that they all have some sort of fix for important. Being the underdog here, by somewhat of a mediocre margin, I am just glad to have gotten the one win. From the team I least expected no less. I'm also glad these teams were selected, as I had given Silentkaster 9 to choose from. But I'm glad because these were teams I deemed to myself finished, and I see now that they are not, and I've realized they may not be ever.

That all being said, GG as always Silentkaster. I'm going to make my changes, and I expect more and more matches with you in the future!

also, most notably, my favorite units of mine to see in action have been Darkness Rises's Wizard, A Sing Along Song's Chiri Bard, and L's Emotions' tanky samurai.
Strategy is just magical.

Elmdork

March 07, 2014, 07:59:18 pm #3066 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:09:18 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
thanks, truelight! that was revealing. Wicked version of jenova btw

hey otabo, got any smokes? i usually enjoy a cigarette after i get FUCKED. XD truelight could not have picked a team to better counter the misfits. ninjutsu (accentuated by solution) + concentrate + speed GG they were never able to go on the offensive. those arm aims that seemed to never miss prevented haste and a number of productive things from ever happening. we did see an ice and a bahamut in one go, which is good. and they can sandbag, which is is a plus :P certainly not my tournament build but definitely could use a touch up. maybe this is truelight's way of saying "give that ninja ninjitsu u fool"

GG otabo. i sincerely hope you enjoyed that. PM me your mail address and i will enclose a vial of my tears accompanied by a hastily written note.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

I think I am in love with Barren's team. Comeback power? No problem. Minimal damage mimiced wishes? Hell yes. One of my favorite matches...GG!

Bring your crystal helmet and defense armlet if facing Otabo. Don't Act is sooooooooo powerful. Huge. 

Barren

March 08, 2014, 06:12:13 am #3068 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:39:35 pm by Barren
I guess silentkaster must be my biggest fan right now with that team. As for the match itself, for a team that is meant to be mimic funsies it actually showed some staying power and while not all of the mimcs were successful it held on enough to take down Otabo's ninjas which were the biggest threat I feel. GG Otabo. Keep working on your team.

Otabo

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on March 07, 2014, 07:59:18 pm
thanks, truelight! that was revealing. Wicked version of jenova btw

hey otabo, got any smokes? i usually enjoy a cigarette after i get FUCKED. XD truelight could not have picked a team to better counter the misfits. ninjutsu (accentuated by solution) + concentrate + speed GG they were never able to go on the offensive. those arm aims that seemed to never miss prevented haste and a number of productive things from ever happening. we did see an ice and a bahamut in one go, which is good. and they can sandbag, which is is a plus :P certainly not my tournament build but definitely could use a touch up. maybe this is truelight's way of saying "give that ninja ninjitsu u fool"

GG otabo. i sincerely hope you enjoyed that. PM me your mail address and i will enclose a vial of my tears accompanied by a hastily written note.

First, Otabo doesn't smoke, and second, he feeds off the tears of others. He's only gonna come back stronger now. :D
Seriously, yeah - good match.

QuoteI guess silentkaster must be my biggest fan right now with that team. As for the match itself, for a team that is meant to be mimic funsies it actually showed some staying power and while not all of the mimcs were successful it shuold held on enough to take down Otabo's ninjas which were the biggest threat I feel. GG Otabo. Keep working on your team.

Yeah, those mimes were pretty crazy. Outlasted my ninjas. GG, though.

silentkaster

Anyone want to create a joint team? PM me what you want the team to do (SCC, Heavy status, High damage, Element absorb, whatever) and I will PM back two units. I like the teams that I created with my sister and might be fun to see what combos some other players and I can create.

Barren

I can think of a couple of units for you silentkaster. If I don't send you a PM tonight then tomorrow

CT5Holy

silentkaster: that's an awesome idea! If anyone else wants to make a joint team, PM me!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Can I joint with more than one person?

Reks

Wouldn't see why not. You might end up having to fight against your own teams, though.

Barren

Its fine, it would be a good idea at least for people to see who they have better chemistry with as tag partners

Reks

True. Good luck to all who do so, then.

Actually, with enough people and participation you could make that into a tourney or something.

Barren

Let's see how it plays out first before we actually do it. Plus it would require everyone involved to be in on it

ShadowDragon15

Count me in! I like this idea of mixing ideas.
Strategy is just magical.

Malroth

i'm willing to play second fiddle to somebody