• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:34:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Catapult and siege engine...are them possible?

Started by Dome, January 26, 2009, 04:23:30 am

Dome

January 26, 2009, 04:23:30 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Hi everyone, i was thinking if it's possible to put such units on the battlefield...
Maybe static units or with a move range of 1 (and no jump) but huge attack range (3-12 maybe) and big damage (maybe low percentage of hit)
Defense up as innate (they are not humans, it's hard to damage wood or metal) lot of hp and magic immunity (but fire weakness, they are mainly wood-made)
No more ability than attack or maybe some little ability like:
Throw fire: fire elemental attack (if u give fire to bullets before shot them)
Throw heads: Damage bravery of all enemyes near 4 panel or less to the attacked pannel (it's scary to see an head throwed near u xD)
And something else like that...
Now i'm asking...is it possible?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

philsov

January 26, 2009, 08:59:53 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
I don't think you can set a minimum range on abilities, but everything else you talked about is certainly possible.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kokojo

January 26, 2009, 10:50:27 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
If someone makes the sprites, then it is easy to do.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Vanya

January 26, 2009, 11:34:28 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
It would basically be a custom monster. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dome

January 26, 2009, 11:40:39 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Vanya"It would basically be a custom monster. ^_^
Yes, a monster like worker 8, with the attack command and some ability in the "catapult" job command xD
In a castle map (maybe bigger than standard map) those units would be great
And of course, because you cant res a catapult, they immediatly turn in chest when they hp reach 0 xD
We could also put door-units (door that can be smashed, like in a siege)
A siege in FFT...maybe it could prove fun...

Dokurider

January 26, 2009, 01:25:34 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
QuoteAnd of course, because you cant res a catapult, they immediatly turn in chest when they hp reach 0 xD

But catapults can be fixed...

Dome

January 26, 2009, 01:29:40 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Dokurider"
QuoteAnd of course, because you cant res a catapult, they immediatly turn in chest when they hp reach 0 xD

Then it would need a class that can fix them...a "siege engineer" or a "siege commander"
Maybe we could put 0 speed to the catapult, and an ability of siege engineer that use a particular quick that works only on them (so they "manouver" the catapult, that doesn't work without them) xD

Dokurider

January 26, 2009, 01:32:15 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Quote from: "Dome"
Quote from: "Dokurider"

Then it would need a class that can fix them...a "siege engineer" or a "siege commander"
Maybe we could put 0 speed to the catapult, and an ability of siege engineer that use a particular quick that works only on them (so they "manouver" the catapult, that doesn't work without them) xD

If a squire can revive Worker 8, a giant robot, then why go to the trouble of creating a whole other unit just to maintain this unit?

Vanya

January 26, 2009, 02:57:05 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Cause it would be cool. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

January 26, 2009, 03:09:47 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
^I completely agree Domes ideas gave a lot of merit behind them. Now let's see if it goes anywhere because this could make some cool new level's for the PSP multi-player battles.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Dome

January 26, 2009, 05:15:23 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Dokurider"If a squire can revive Worker 8, a giant robot, then why go to the trouble of creating a whole other unit just to maintain this unit?
I know, but worker 8 is more similar to a human than a catapult, u must agree to that, right? xD
Anyway, it would be fun that the class must be used to make effective the catapult...maybe to shot the catapult need some mana and only the siege engineer can restore it, or something like that...he should also be the only that can make them shot (using his specialized quick), repair them and heal them (using specialized items or ability) and also regive them mana (trought special abilities)
And the catapult shoul have lot of fun shot, otherwise they will be very unusefull...
But, it's possible to make a unit with 0 speed?
And it's possible to make something of what i suggested? (maybe creating a new status: mechanic unit, something similar to undead for the restoration thing)

Archael

January 26, 2009, 05:20:01 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
this isn't an RTS

Dome

January 26, 2009, 05:26:32 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Voldemort"this isn't an RTS
xD
I still think that some siege in the game would be fun :-)
And it will be even better with some catapult...if it's possible or not to make is another task ^_^
Of course a job that make the catapult work would be even more fun (in my opinion) but i know nothing of hacking...so i'm asking xD

philsov

January 26, 2009, 05:28:21 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Dokurider"If a squire can revive Worker 8, a giant robot, then why go to the trouble of creating a whole other unit just to maintain this unit?
I know, but worker 8 is more similar to a human than a catapult, u must agree to that, right? xD
Anyway, it would be fun that the class must be used to make effective the catapult...maybe to shot the catapult need some mana and only the siege engineer can restore it, or something like that...he should also be the only that can make them shot (using his specialized quick), repair them and heal them (using specialized items or ability) and also regive them mana (trought special abilities)
And the catapult shoul have lot of fun shot, otherwise they will be very unusefull...
And it's possible to make something of what i suggested? (maybe creating a new status: mechanic unit, something similar to undead for the restoration thing)

Until we can make chakra, murasame, and item Holy elemental, there will be no way to prevent their healing from actually... healing.  Because then we could get the unit immune to Holy damage and then take over another element to absorb, then make the engineer class the only thing with access to said element.  

No way to mess with the MP thing, though.  Nor can you have a 0 sp unit.  Nor can any monster or people GAIN abilities while mounted/mounting.  

A cannon-type unit is fine by itself, but you went a bit too far off the ledge here :p
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dome

January 26, 2009, 05:32:27 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "philsov"

Until we can make chakra, murasame, and item Holy elemental, there will be no way to prevent their healing from actually... healing.  Because then we could get the unit immune to Holy damage and then take over another element to absorb, then make the engineer class the only thing with access to said element.  

No way to mess with the MP thing, though.  Nor can you have a 0 sp unit.  Nor can any monster or people GAIN abilities while mounted/mounting.  

A cannon-type unit is fine by itself, but you went a bit too far off the ledge here :p
So, we can make a cannot type unit...but we cannot prevent him to be healed by potions xD
"The catapult is half broken! it wont last long enough to smash the door!"
"Throw an X-Potion to heal it!" xD
Anyway, make it a cross monster (like byblos and worker 8) with some ability that need mana and an attack that dont need it is possible...or i'm still to far? xD

Archael

January 26, 2009, 05:47:04 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Why would you want a 0 Speed unit?

it'd basically become irrelevant in a battle, because it'd never even get turns to move and act

more like a doodad

Dome

January 26, 2009, 05:55:47 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Voldemort"Why would you want a 0 Speed unit?

it'd basically become irrelevant in a battle, because it'd never even get turns to move and act

more like a doodad
I asked for a 0 speed unit because i wanted it to work only with the siege engineer (he may use a 1 panel ability that cast quick on the catapult) like he is "charging" the catapult xD

Archael

January 26, 2009, 05:56:45 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
in before not an RTS

o wait

Dome

January 26, 2009, 05:57:23 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Voldemort"Why would you want a 0 Speed unit?

more like a doodad
I asked the catapult with 0 speed because i wanted it to work only with the siege engineer (he can use a 1-panel ability that cast quick on the catapult) like he is "charging" the catapult with bullets xD
But if it isnt possible, just delete the 0-speed thing xD

Archael

January 26, 2009, 05:58:44 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
But normal units are strong vs. Siege damage! No fortified armor..