• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:06:29 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Limits of event editing tools

Started by LockeZ, July 30, 2009, 02:29:08 am

LockeZ

July 30, 2009, 02:29:08 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LockeZ
I'm not necessarily asking for someone to tell me how to do anything just yet, I'm just wondering what can be done as far as event editing.

For instance, let's say I wanted to create all new scenes from scratch, replacing the entire story of the game with the story of Final Fantasy 12.  Just as... a theoretical example.

Do the tools exist to do such a thing?  The instructions in the text file made by the event decompiler appear to control everything that would be needed, but it seems like a lot of documentation (and possibly a user interface) would be necessary to make real edits and end up with good results.  So I'm wondering if that sort of thing has already been done, or how much work has been done on it.

LastingDawn

July 30, 2009, 02:42:43 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Events only control the "stage" where the "actors" are, so to speak. It's oddly like directing a play, but replacing the story of FFT with FF12 would be a task beyond all recognition, but is possible.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!