• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:06:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Mercenaries Job Sprite Ideas (update: soon)(Image Heavy)

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 07, 2009, 05:50:42 am

Kagebunji

I tried placing other head on WM, but she looked extremelly weird, like she grew taller and creepier. I think short hair is unsuitable.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Can't you go about giving the current White Mage a more slender body? Giving her form-fitting clothes will make her look a little different than the traditional White Mages, but similar enough to allow us to tell that she's still a White Mage. Your call.

By the way, awesome pictures, LD.

Kagebunji

What do you mean by saying slender? Making her more monk like is what you probably are aiming for, LD. I think I will erase hood manually and do some custom hair instead, it will be pretty much like the WM on pic.

LastingDawn

Heh, that sounds fine to me. Mainly that robe as shown in the picture (if possible) would be preferable, and makes sense for function, (since she's using kicks in her martial art it seems). Hmm, how does 10yo girl hair look on a normal female? Would that work, at all?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"What do you mean by saying slender?
Make her robes tighter.

LastingDawn

That's not exactly... what I meant. I wanted a character that exemplified that she was a White Mage mainly, but also has the potential of a Monk, if need be.

Art of War

Kagebunji

I am back now for some time now, so I am gonna work. Like I said, erasing hood and giving custom hair will work best.

Kagebunji

We agreed that since IA is gone, we could use sprites from there in Merc. I will post all we managed to retrieve. Choose wichever you want, and if you want some changes to them, say a word. And ofcourse don't pay attention to job names, use them for what you see fit

Warlock Female
[attachment=0:12ve5znx]warlockw70portinc.png[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Warlock male
[attachment=1:12ve5znx]warlockm25complete.png[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Shooter Female
[attachment=2:12ve5znx]shooterw.png[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Samurai Male
[attachment=3:12ve5znx]SamuraiM.bmp[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Samurai Female(I want to fix her armor, it has bad shading in one place. I pointed it out once, but he said "it is supposed to be a big armor")
[attachment=4:12ve5znx]Samurai_W 87.bmp[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Rogue Female
[attachment=5:12ve5znx]roguew.png[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Rogue Male
[attachment=6:12ve5znx]roguem.png[/attachment:12ve5znx]

Lijj

I like that Idea.
Remove the hood! (Am I telling myself to do so?)
Look at what I had hidden away:

• Modding version: PSX

mav

Decent sprites overall. Did R999 say we could steal em? They could all use some slight improvements though. Some of the portraits need some fine tweaking.

I like these new portraits, Lijj. My only requests are to change up the eyes and mouth on the female and to widen the collar-thing and change the hair color on the male.

ffta707

On the mask covering his mouth (Far left side) the two last pixels look weird for some reason. Although I am not a spriter, you are, and it is probably correct. Also, could his mask go up a little farther, to maybe on his "Nose." I think it might look sweet like that. Otherwise, some damn awesome portraits.

EDIT: Looked at the sprite again. Not up to the nose, but maybe a few pixels higher.

sutebenukun

Um...the male Warlock doesn't even have a portrait... otherwise I would use them... :(
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

LastingDawn

Hmm, well the Rogue's could work well for a Traveler, if that hood is removed from the Male Rogue's mouth, I love the look in the Female Rogue's face.

Shooter Female will likely be the final base used for Gretchen.

Using the Samurai is a little bit tricky... I'm not sure what all can be done with that. I will try to use those sprites if I can though.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

Wew! This thread (OP) definitely needs to be updated!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

Welcome back Mike! Well once I get internet access (Should have it at home by now I hope...) I'll get to it. Unless you wanted to handle it?

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

Well since I'm the topic starter, I will have to handle it~
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

Thanks Mike! If you need help with any organizing matters or anything feel free to PM me, I'll assist where I can.

Art of War

mav

There's that MiKeMiTchi initiative we've missed so dearly! Welcome back, bud.

Kagebunji

I made a proto for Cheri's husband(what's his name anyway?), it is still rough, and I have a rework in plans. Next version will be similiar.

download/file.php?id=6835