• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ZOMG iron giant

Started by Cyberblade, August 13, 2008, 10:56:09 pm

Luiakyn

Quote from: Elric on March 18, 2014, 04:51:40 pm
Dem Ogres.... fucking awesome

Damn teasers

;) It'll be "fun" to finish, but I'm almost done with the back sides.

Quote from: Seushiro on March 18, 2014, 07:54:26 pm
Very nice concepts and hope you figure out what you want with the attack frames that seems hard. I thought for the pose with the sword stabbed to the groud that the cleaver be facing up as opposed to down as the attack animations like slashing, punching and dragoon jump all come from above going below. The giant would get his hands cut off if that was a defend pose :) But that is just my opinion

For the ogre -- He'll the typical over the head club smash. 2 handed, if I can help it.

The Cleaver ground-stab is mostly "charging up" or like Velius' famous summoning stance. I got the pose from how he "powers up" in Final Fantasy VII. But I'll be thinking about what you said :)

Quote from: Celdia on March 18, 2014, 08:17:12 pm
Eloquently said and I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote from: Lijj on March 18, 2014, 09:01:39 pm
Hell yeah the pink ogre... can you make one of the palettes of the green sort as well?

A little off topic but;
for some reason the pose of the original Final Fantasy's troll enemy has always stuck with me (makes me laugh):

"I'm going mad because you tiny little sprites keep irritating me!" it seems to say.

I'm surprised the "big names" are commenting favorably on this : D
Pink for the normal, Green for the "Great" or "Chief" versions >:3 Blue for Mage.

That sprite is awesome XD it totally looks frustrated (or tying its hair up >.>)

Note: Not the finished product, and I'll be messing more with the palettes, but this is the current direction I'm going:

Twinees

You seem like you want some edits to push you in the right direction so here you go.

He needed more muscles and less of a shine on his arm. The colours you had were great, all that was needed was an extra skin tone slightly darker than the brightest to really make it look like skin (also make sure you dont share colours with the skin and hair or you'll have a bit of a pain make alternate palettes later [furthermore you have 2 colours unused so use one for the darkest bit of the hair]). His face could probably do with some improvements but its up to you whether you want to keep the blasphemous nose. The boots need a little bit of touch up as well but you are definitely on the right track. Interested to see more that comes out of this :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Luiakyn

Quote from: Twinees on March 18, 2014, 10:00:03 pm

You seem like you want some edits to push you in the right direction so here you go.

He needed more muscles and less of a shine on his arm. The colours you had were great, all that was needed was an extra skin tone slightly darker than the brightest to really make it look like skin (also make sure you dont share colours with the skin and hair or you'll have a bit of a pain make alternate palettes later [furthermore you have 2 colours unused so use one for the darkest bit of the hair]). His face could probably do with some improvements but its up to you whether you want to keep the blasphemous nose. The boots need a little bit of touch up as well but you are definitely on the right track. Interested to see more that comes out of this :)

Awesome edits and critics. Thank you very much : D

*Blasphemous nose* - that's why they're the bad guys!(?)

Seushiro

Just two more minor things... The pink ogre's loin cloth has a shading that makes it look like a big willy......... since his upper body is leaning over maybe we can shade the area a bit. For the green guy his pendant kind of blends in as an upper chest probably due to the light colored are below.you can remove the pendant or shade the light reflection on the right side abs.

Luiakyn

Quote from: Seushiro on March 19, 2014, 05:52:05 am
Just two more minor things... The pink ogre's loin cloth has a shading that makes it look like a big willy......... since his upper body is leaning over maybe we can shade the area a bit. For the green guy his pendant kind of blends in as an upper chest probably due to the light colored are below.you can remove the pendant or shade the light reflection on the right side abs.

You're right :< I'll fix that up before animating

Heavily off topic -- After the current 3, I really want to make Ultima Weapon. I did this sprite for Terraria:

Jumza

I would love to fight that in Terraria o.o

The problem with FFT sprites is that they really only expand in size upwards if you want to go in different sizes. You could do a really compressed one in like a zodiac format :P I'd like to see what you come up with
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Luiakyn

March 19, 2014, 06:16:58 pm #186 Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:26:15 pm by Luiakyn
Quote from: Jumza on March 19, 2014, 06:03:48 pm
I would love to fight that in Terraria o.o

The problem with FFT sprites is that they really only expand in size upwards if you want to go in different sizes. You could do a really compressed one in like a zodiac format :P I'd like to see what you come up with

As for the size of Ultima -- he'd be pretty tiny, sadly. Like the dragon. But I'll see if I can make it work.

Off topic:
You were able to fight him in my modpack for Terraria before 1.2
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/released-omnirs-modpacks.61543/#post-1152156

Also, 71 of my hairstyles(and my animated cape) are now in official Terraria as of 1.2.3 :3

And these were all the armors I did for the mod:

Edit: Update -- test animation. I need to fix the arms, and likely polish the legs.
(will likely create a "Luiky's Sprites" thread, soon)

Reks

I KNEW your name was familiar... I'd seen you on Terraria Online.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Luiakyn

Quote from: Reks on March 21, 2014, 06:16:28 pm
I KNEW your name was familiar... I'd seen you on Terraria Online.

ah : D Who are you on TO?

Reks

Quote from: Luiakyn on March 22, 2014, 02:47:43 am
ah : D Who are you on TO?

I only lurk about, never made a profile there,

Every time I meant to, something distracted me and I ended up forgetting.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128