• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:21:34 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 Registration

Started by Barren, June 28, 2014, 04:12:24 pm

DARKANGELUXZ

I HOPE TO KNOW IF I HAVE ARRIVED IN TIME  :shock:

Barren

July 23, 2014, 03:05:33 pm #41 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:57:03 am by Barren
Don't worry, I just need to check when I get home from work. And please don't type every word on caps. It seems like you are shouting
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

(Yes, Caps Lock, much like overuse of the word "epic", is the enemy.)

Hmmm...we didn't quite get to 32 it seems. Shame. However, getting past 24 means that should be a lot less awkward byes than that there would have been, so that's good.

While the final results are being determined, I figure I'll post the (only) other team that I managed to finish but am not using since I said I would and I'll likely otherwise forget to, not that anyone cares. I decided not to use this one given I figured that it would be a bit (more) boring, that it relied on Slow Dance a bit too much and that it was a tad hypocritical of me to use Cursed Ring, Battle Axe and Slow Dance. After all, those are all things I've taken issue with in current ARENA, even if I was never planning to Phoenix Blade or magic Gun or immortal Quickening it up.

Anyway, I'm rambling as usual, so I'll just say that I also didn't use this team because I figured a lot of people wouldn't (easily) get the reference since it's a bit esoteric, even for me:

Team "Better Behead You On The Head"
(Palettes - Primary: #3 Green; Alternate: #1 Blue)
Said Mondegreen
Male
Serpentarius
Paladin
Jump
Counter
Maintenance
Move-HP Up
Battle Axe
Crystal Shield
Gold Helmet
Gold Armor
Cursed Ring

Consecration, Transfusion, Iron Will
Level Jump 6, Vertical Jump 8

Ya Asked
Male
Serpentarius
Ninja
Snipe
Auto Potion
Defense Up
Move +1
Hidden Knife
Platina Dagger
Green Beret
Santa Outfit
Cherche

Fuuton
Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Head Break, Armor Break, Weapon Break

Shoot My Head
Male
Serpentarius
Chemist
Snipe
HP Restore
Equip Armor
Teleport
Romanda Gun

Crystal Helmet
Diamond Armor
Chantage

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chronos Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Leg Aim

Bollywood Ending
Female
Serpentarius
Monk
Dance
Projectile Guard
Magic Defense Up
Move = 0
P Bag

Chakra Band
Secret Clothes
Setiemson

Secret Fist, Chakra, Revive
Slow Dance

*patiently awaits the reveal that almost every team has a Dance or Sing user, Item user, Steal user and a Two Swords user*

In the meanwhile, thanks again for this Barren.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

July 24, 2014, 05:57:40 am #43 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:56:14 am by Barren
Actually just last minute we have 32 entrees. I just have to check them all then we are all set

EDIT: We all have assembled a 32 player roster for this tourney. CT5Holy, Zotis and TrueLight since you guys said you'd help out I'll PM you guys this week to go over who can cover what. Until then, thanks very much!
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 24, 2014, 05:57:40 am
Actually just last minute we have 32 entrees. I just have to check them all then we are all set

EDIT: We all have assembled a 32 player roster for this tourney. CT5Holy, Zotis and TrueLight since you guys said you'd help out I'll PM you guys this week to go over who can cover what. Until then, thanks very much!

I sincerely do wish my internet wasn't Hughsnet.

I'd be able to help otherwise, but a preemptive thanks to anyone who records.

Looking forward to literally everything, and good luck, everybody!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Leif1991

Looking forward to this. Let us hope the AI doesn't act too silly.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion