• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Tutorial Requests

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 17, 2012, 07:00:39 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

If you notice a Tutorial is missing for something you're trying to do, post here and inquire about getting one made by people who know how to do it, or about making one yourself.  While I can't promise every request will be fulfilled, we won't know if there's something more we can be explaining via Tutorial if no one asks.

Jon

Controlling the World Map and the points of where Ramza can travel to (i.e. not from Gariland to Mandalia to Igros but something that we want). If possible, might as well include on how to change the overworld Ramza sprite.

and

Probably never gonna happen but worth mentioning, a tutorial on how to either import your own music files or change the already existing ones in FFT. Not sound effects, just music really.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

yagood

would be very difficult to create a mmorpg tactics (Final Fantasy Tactics) using the same sprites of spells, characters, plots, etc. ..?

sorry if posted in wrong place*

sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian, and I used google translator

jpleon

Hi looking all the projects of fft, i would like to ask for a tutorial (a video one) about how to use the fftpatch and also how to change a job if it is possible

thx

Ramza1

I would like a tutorial on how to use the Lion Editor with a PSX emulator step by step. Thank you in advance
What is this...signature that you speak of?

Xifanie

You can't, Lion Editor is for WotL, for PSX memory cards, you can use FFTastic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ramza1

My mistake i meant FFTastic i can't find a tutorial or a save file from my emulator
What is this...signature that you speak of?

savantopus

@ Ramza, You are trying to save games on your emulator? Look here at the Download Utilities and insert the extracted plug-in inside the proper folder :) http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

zitimotley

tutorial on how to put delita ch 2 in my party with all the correct sprite and battle formation screen.

Lockeadon

id like a tutorial on how alma  (and the other workbook based editors) actually work(s) and how to use them properly. alma in particular, but i assume they all more less work the same way

reyhan37

I'm as n00b as n00b gets. Never mod'd anything before. Just started browsing through this site a few days ago. I've searched and searched and not foutnd a clear cut tutorial on how to create my own special character.

By special character I mean like Agrias or Mustadio, job class unique to them in place of squire and the character keeps their sprite when changing jobs.

I'm still figuring out spriting (been reading all the various tutorials and messing with Graphic Gale & Shi Shi), I've edited abilities and the skill set for one of the Dukes (empty set), but I don't know what to do after that. How do I connect all the pieces?

I wanted this unique to be a guest at the first Gariland battle and join me after.

Thanks!

CONMAN

While this guide is a little date, I think this is what you want: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=406.0  

reyhan37

Quote from: CONMAN on July 16, 2015, 02:06:11 pm
While this guide is a little date, I think this is what you want: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=406.0

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for.

I suggest moderator should link Jon's Character Creation Tutorial.

MisogiSatsu805

Hello everyone I would like to ask for a tutorial (a video one) about how Inserting custom character animations in actual. I know this site you gave if one of you put:

http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=6

I asking this is the actual tutorial on how to edit EVTCHR.bin, I still failed no matter what I'm not kidding guys  :(.Anyways if anyone if not making a actual tutorial (Video Version) I appreciate and I know you/your can't promise to granted request.BTW I play PSP Version of FFT: WotL.

Anyway thank you for your time to read my post.

theultrawolf

November 16, 2015, 02:09:18 am #14 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:16:36 am by theultrawolf
Quote from: MisogiSatsu805 on November 16, 2015, 01:27:39 am
Hello everyone I would like to ask for a tutorial (a video one) about how Inserting custom character animations in actual. I know this site you gave if one of you put:

http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=6

I asking this is the actual tutorial on how to edit EVTCHR.bin, I still failed no matter what I'm not kidding guys  :(.Anyways if anyone if not making a actual tutorial (Video Version) I appreciate and I know you/your can't promise to granted request.BTW I play PSP Version of FFT: WotL.

Anyway thank you for your time to read my post.

You no longer need to hex edit in order to edit EVTCHR.bin, follow this link:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=407.0
One of the downloads on this page is JP Tools, it contains a EVTCHR editor. You can use that instead of the other method.

But since you're playing WoTL, a good way to start would be actually knowing how to access the files in the WoTL iso; there's a program called CDMage B5, get it, open your WoTL iso with it, selecting the M2/2352 track, then navigate and find a file called fftpack.bin, extract that to your desktop/chosen destination by right clicking it, selecting Extract Files, and then setting your destination, you then have to decompress the files in the fftpack.bin file by accessing FFTPatcher, going over to the "PSP" drop-down menu, and opening "Utilities", there should be an option that says Extract fftpack.bin, you'll want to extract the files into a new folder, then you find a folder called EVENT within the files you unpacked, and EVTCHR.bin should be in there. Then you'll wanna open up the JP Tools, and from there you can access and manually edit the EVTCHR sprites. After you've done your edits, you'll want to go to the same menu (keep it all in ONE folder, don't bury the files in sub-folders) then select Rebuild fftpack.bin. Then you go back into CDMage, find and right click the fftpack.bin already in the ISO, then select Import File. Then you want to navigate to your newly rebuilt fftpack.bin and import that file. If a prompt appears asking if you want to overwrite, click Yes. If you follow these steps, everything should work fine for you.

Hope that helps!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Lockeadon

i would love a tutorial on how to manipulate status effects, i think they are mostly overlooked so having a tutorial on it would help more than just me

Xifanie

How to manipulate status effects

• Open FFTPatcher

• Load your patch

• Select the statuses tab

• Click the checkbox thingies and/or chance the numbers in the editbox thingies

• Save your patch

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lockeadon

i meant other than the extremely limited (and obvious) stuff you can do with status effects in patcher.

theultrawolf

What are you looking to do with the status effects (other than changing duration and all that?)
If you're trying to change hard-coded effects, you're going to need to do a bit of ASM hacking.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Lockeadon

(sorry for the late response, just saw this) more specifically, i wanted to make vampire status not take control from the player or restrict commands to bite. (still having trouble with that darn vampire) everything else is pretty much sorted in my patch except the darn vampire. still need to find how to drain ct too. im aware asm is required but have no clue where to look. of course, its possible someone else has done this already.