• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

changing color of poison?

Started by Jubei1986, August 25, 2011, 09:26:49 am

Jubei1986

How would I go about doing this?  Say if i wanted to change the color of a poisoned unit to red instead, to cause a new status, "bleed". Also is it possible to increase the damage every
round to a higher interval, say if poisons at like 10% now can i change it to 15%?

Jubei1986

haha guess no one has an answer to this one, and idea where to start anyone?

Kokojo

I can't help with the color, but as far as I know, changing the damage per round would be easy, since they already did that. Il try to dig something up.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Eternal

I think he means when sprites turn green from Poison, not the skill itself.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jubei1986

yes that is exactly what i meant eternal. I want to make a "bleed" status effect, or even a "frostbite" status effect making the effect blue. Or if its possible to change an effect like bloodsuck to actually deal damage every turn would be perfect for my "bleed" status effect as well...any suggestions guys? would really improve my patch.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

A blue poison would be really cool if someone wants to make a Game of Thrones patch.

JBab

Quote from: Jubei1986 on August 31, 2011, 06:32:54 am
yes that is exactly what i meant eternal. I want to make a "bleed" status effect, or even a "frostbite" status effect making the effect blue. Or if its possible to change an effect like bloodsuck to actually deal damage every turn would be perfect for my "bleed" status effect as well...any suggestions guys? would really improve my patch.

Hmm to change color of a status effect like Poison or anything would require a Sprite/Effect Recolor which honestly shouldn't be hard to do, im not a hacker or anything so i cant be 100% sure, but lets talk theoretically,
if you want a Bleed ability use the poison ability and just change color from Green to red? same for frostbit use the same script and Codes and make it a DMG over Turn im sure theres ways to ADD the same effects with diff colors and make the aquired differently, IE Frostbite = Chance on Hit -From- Ice Spells/Weapons Decrease in Set HP just as the spell Poison or any other spell that can cause poison, use that as a Baseline and alter it to your liking?

Prolly didnt help much but im sure it can be done

Flan Dance!

Jubei1986

ya jbab thats exactly what i wanna do, but just dont know how lol. im new to anything with animations. basically i want poison/bleed/frostbite, green/red/blue sprite is basically what im shooting for..

JBab

September 06, 2011, 05:39:33 pm #9 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:43:16 pm by JBab
Quote from: Jubei1986 on September 06, 2011, 05:32:59 pm
ya jbab thats exactly what i wanna do, but just dont know how lol. im new to anything with animations. basically i want poison/bleed/frostbite, green/red/blue sprite is basically what im shooting for..

http://ffhacktics.com/effects.php?effectsperpage=30&show=all

All effects in Game, find Poison and Recolor it or use another Effect and Recolor it to those 3 Colors Green Red and Blue

Flan Dance!

Glain

That will change the color of the ability animation, but I don't believe it would change the coloring of the actual sprite.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

JBab

To change color of Sprite you would have to hack the game id imagine and either Add more Effects were, if Frostbite takes effect NPC/AI Turns Blue/Red/Green whatever the case

Flan Dance!