• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:00 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

DESPERATION

Started by Taichii, January 17, 2012, 02:02:12 am

Taichii

January 17, 2012, 02:02:12 am Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:38:37 pm by Taichii
A free form RP based vaguely on FFT's world as time goes on.

RULES:
1) This is NOT D&D.  There are no numbers, no jobs, no stats, no saves, and no dice.  You are free to post whatever as long as it makes sense within your character and the world around you.  Creativity will be rewarded.  If there are disagreements, the OOC (Out of Context) thread will be used to resolve them.

2) Work with your fellow RPers.  Remember, it is everyone's responsibility to create and advance the plot.  Yes, the original poster will be RPing in this story along with the rest of you, but remember that he is NOT the Dungeon Master.  He's simply the first person to start the plot.

3) No perfect characters.  Just because there are no dice rolls does not mean you are allowed to have perfect characters in any given skill.  In particular, be mature and reasonable about combat.  Your character will probably take damage and the good RPer is the one who accurately portrays this, not the person who pretends his unit simply slogs through it the way one would in most RPGs.  Of course, heroism and miraculous events can occur, but they don't happen ALL the time.
Similarly, no invincible characters.  This includes "mortal" units with infinite revival abilities, and the creation of alternate characters for the sole purpose of reviving a previous character.  (The only time this rule can be relaxed is when someone plays as the antagonist, but only to the degree of advancing the plot and keeping the other players interested.)
If people fear combat is too freeform, they may post OOC descriptions of their characters and relevant skills for record keeping, but people who do this are expected to be bound by what they post (such a thread will be locked by FDC to stop unscrupulous editing after the fact).  Nor should such lists be mandatory (except for people who serially violate this rule).

4) No god modding unless:
a) Someone repeatedly violates Rule #3 and is ruining the RP for everyone else.  After a successful group vote, such a character's actions can be nullified by other posters (up to the point of killing the offending character) as long as an OOC warning is posted beforehand (with ample time to respond).  If the drama escalates beyond this, FDC will take action.
b) Someone left the RP and no one wants to kill their character off.  But even then, you may not deliberately cause harm to that character and must conduct conversations in character

5) You are not a pretty and unique snowflake: don't RP as Cloud, Ramza, a WoW Death Knight, etc.  In other words, try to make your character reasonably original.

6) Have fun.  For heaven's sake, please DON'T adopt the mentality of a RPG stat min/maxer when playing because really, there's NOTHING to optimize other than your ability to write a story with others while having fun.

7.) Multiple Characters are allowed but, you can't Control the character of any other RP player but yourself.

if you want to join, sign up here :)) if 5 people and above joins, i will start the RP :)
:D

CREDITS : formerdeathcorps for the rules :)
and mordred XD

PLAYERS:
Taichii
foremerdeathcorps
Dunkelritter Luna
st4rw4k3r
Ryqoshay
Dokurider
Lijj
Gintails
Dark Shade
Mirthean Ascael
Dyna Blade

Characters : A New Beginning
(if you want your character to be updated or fixed please do message me)
(for desperation a roleplay of pairs RP'ers please do pm me if you want to continue your character or if i should post them or if you would create a new character. thank you)

Taichii's characters:
Leader : Taichii - wolf/phoenix/ancestor
Leader : Rai - Rune, Ardin, Carl

Dokurider's characters :
Leader : Mayumi - Kao

St4r's Character :
Leader : "Lady" (new Mother?) (sorry st4r i forgot to ask you what her name should be)

Ryqoshay's Character :
Leader : Anita - Charon (from desperation a roleplay of pairs)

Jumza's Character :
Leader : Ryan

link of the original desperation and the 2nd desperation post...
Desperation : Original Story
Desperation II : A Roleplay of Pairs
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

formerdeathcorps

I guess I'll join, and take credit for writing these rules.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Taichii

yes yes XD thanks sixe :))

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

January 17, 2012, 06:42:08 pm #3 Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:03:52 pm by st4rw4k3r
Why this seems fancy.
I'll join in.
Shall I write something up about my character and post it?

formerdeathcorps

If you want, ST4R, but it is not mandatory.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Taichii

thanks ST4R XD
two more XDD

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

Just wondering. Might it be possible for one to play two characters?

Taichii

ST4R,
im sorry but only one character can be played... unless a character are conjoined twins LOL

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

dang...
Okay I'll keep thinking of a character

Taichii

January 17, 2012, 08:36:00 pm #9 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:12:19 pm by Taichii
swords are too mainstream XD so i shall use this character :D
Appearance:

specialization: fights with a scythe and a blade

"Desperation"

MysticKnightFF5

I shall play. Do we post characters here or elsewhere?

formerdeathcorps

This technically would be the OOC thread, so if you want to post them, you should post them here.

Taichii

thanks Dunkelritter Luna XD

"Desperation"

MysticKnightFF5

January 17, 2012, 09:05:03 pm #13 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:41:18 pm by Dunkelritter Luna
Okay.

--
Name: Mira
Age: 13 (which is like f*cking 26 in medieval years!!!! Kidding)
Class: Contractor (Summoner / White Mage (no Raise))
Weapon: Rune Sword (not the one from the game)
Armor: Wizard Set (Wizard hat + Wizard robes + mage cape)
Backstory: As all contractors must, she is sent on a journey with a bodyguard in order to practice her magical prowess. Anima Pact is a rare art which requires a high raw talent in the arcane ways. It is on this journey that contractors eventually make pacts with eiodolons and become one of the strongest forces in the world--and more important--this journey is when summoners decide what they intend to do with the immense raw power at their command.

--

Name: Leon
Class: Blademaster (Knight / Samurai)
Weapon: Any one of his dozens of swords.
Armor: Mythril Heavy Armor
Backstory: A man without a tongue and multiple scars across his body. He is tasked with protecting the contractor-in-training, Mira. The reason behind this task and fervor in doing so is unknown.

st4rw4k3r

two? or are you going to pick one?

st4rw4k3r

Hey taichii, it seems me (and Luna?) want to play 2 characters. Would it be possible if we call a vote upon such a matter?

formerdeathcorps

Considering that when I led this roleplay on another forum, I used at least 3 main characters and made a host of NPCs, I don't think having multiple characters should be a problem provided no one violates the other rules about multiple characters being used as invincible life support.

Furthermore, multiple characters makes it easy for people who want to enter a RP after it starts.  If you have a character you can spare, that new entry automatically then gets a person to play as.

Taichii

Wouldn't it be more balanced if we are only playing one character at a time? :)
FDC, what's your thought on this? :)

ST4R, you and luna can be a team also :)
you can play as Leon if you still don't have a character yet or better, your idea LOL

EDIT: okay then :))
two characters can be put to play now :))
as for me.. i'll use this one (taichii) and (rai) later :D

EDIT again: XD i forgot that you also played the brother LOL sorry sixe :))

"Desperation"

st4rw4k3r

might want to edit your post a tad.
And thank you for allowing it!

Taichii

done and added to rule no. 7 :)
one more~~ XD