• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:53 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object FFTactext

Started by Heisho, August 18, 2017, 03:03:22 pm

Heisho

Hello there!
I searched in the forums about this but nothing came close to a solution in my case.
In the past I got this error message when edited Cure4/Curaja description, and returning it to the original description solve it.
But now the problem is that if something is written from Cure3/Curaga uo to Fire2/Fira, the message appears, if I delete all those entries the patch is successful.

Anyone got an idea about this? I have tried versions from .457 onward but the same result. Also I tried to deleted those entries on certain files instead of Quick Edit and nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Xifanie

Are you loading your modified text from your ISO or from a .ffttext file?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Heisho

From a .ffttext file made with your spreadsheet. I hardly ever use ISO files.

Xifanie

Well, the original .ffttext file that you created to use with my editor, was it from vanilla or from a modified ISO from some mod?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Heisho

Oh. I got your point. It was from a FFT Complete mod. Does it had anything to do with?
Please dont tell me I need to start over again  :(

EDIT : Hold it. I remember now. It was from a vainilla and copy-pasting from the FFT COMPLETE text.

Xifanie

No one really knows why, but you cannot patch an ISO if you loaded the text from a non-ISO through Tactext. It's possible that you copied whatever corrupts those .ffttext files into your own. I don't know. You really should just try to pinpoint the issue like I told you in your other topic if you don't want to start over.

Heisho

That might be the issue. The funny thing is that I have patched with that before. I will try to import from a clean ISO the entries that are caising and let you know.

Xifanie

I don't know if DTE compression is applied to any and all sections if there is not enough space, but if it isn't, it's possible it could be because of a non-DTE section that you have added too much text to.

Heisho

Good news, I made it work.

Turns out I erased the quotes from the generics (which FFT Complete added from the PSP version) and it worked like a charm.
Maybe there was too much text from that section, who knows.
Still it's a shame since some quotes where kinda funny but well, sacrifices had to be made. Strangely enough I still don't know why it let patch by removing some entries in the ability descriptions, anyway, thanks for the tip about the space Xifanie.

Well, time to keep working!

Regards.