• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Valk's Effect Edits

Started by Valkirst, January 07, 2017, 10:49:19 pm

Valkirst

January 07, 2017, 10:49:19 pm Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:01:08 am by Valkirst
So, after being bored doing the Fran sprite, I decided to try out some effects editing! I am starting out easy with some monk edits so here you go!

Repeating Fists Edits

Spike Fists

Shuriken Barrage

Sword Slashes

Flaming Fists

Frozen Fists

Tornado Strikes

Thunder Punches

Wave Punch Mods

Chakram Aura

Dolphin Blow

Flaming Fist

Frozen Fist

Tornado Strike

Thunder Punch

Holy Mods

Holy ver. 2

Holy Spears

Holy Swords

Holy Spears ver.2

• Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Valkirst

Charlotte Gainsbourg - AF607105
Completed Sprites

Xifanie

Well, as I care about not being an ass, I will actually comment on the effects themselves.

I think it's a bad thing that you put music over the effects, because having an effect match the sound effect is very important; and I can't say the visual effect would match the sound for most of them. Given that, I think the notion of showing elemental properties to a punch without a matching sound feels... wrong.

However, my favourite one for Repeating Fist is the flaming one.

Chakram Aura and Thunder Fist look like they would belong as wave fist and they look really good too!
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Valkirst

Thanks Xif
I do agree with you about the sound, some of them do fit and the ones that don't I figured I might as well share them since I had already made them. I have created some atrocities though in learning how to edit the effects however I do think I believe I've gotten better. I know there's music to the holy ones, however it is a generic sound so it's a lot easier to fit.

Hope you enjoy these.

p.s.
From now onward I will include the sound.
Completed Sprites