• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:09:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Greetings and salutations!

Started by VireBlaze, June 20, 2013, 10:36:59 pm

VireBlaze

Herro everyone, and 'tis a pleasure to, well, 'meet' you.  :3

I've kinda been a long time creeper - nearly 2 years - around this site, having only ever made 3 posts, and those were regarding Arena, and it's only now that I've finally decided to kinda actually make myself more 'known', in a manner of speaking.  I remember stumbling across this site 2 years ago and being completely awe-struck at the amount of things there were going on here, regarding FFT mods and patches.  Hell, it's still pretty awesome.  I HAD wanted to kinda get involved in some way, but I kinda found myself overwhelmed, admittedly - there's a lot of information around here that I don't quite understand and grasp the concept of, so I'm gonna be kinda slow when it comes to learning some of the stuff around here, but it seems really cool.  Altering the game to improve certain functions, or just making something of custom use in some way, or creating an entirely new story - all of it is definitely not easy - ah, well, from what I understand, anyway.  But it's something I wouldn't mind learning.  ^^

I am kinda awkward and won't speak up much, and if I ever say anything offensive or mean to anyone, or even something stupid, I apologize in advance - I can tend to run my mouth off sometimes without thinking things through too clearly.  I'm working on that.

Well, it's nice to meet you all, and I hope to be a bigger part of the community in some way in the future.  >w<

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

FFMaster

THEY ARE LYING ABOUT DREAMS COMING TRUE DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dome

Quote from: FFMaster on June 21, 2013, 07:28:57 am
THEY ARE LYING ABOUT DREAMS COMING TRUE DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

3lric

Dammit who let you two out of your cages?
  • Modding version: PSX

Mobius

WELCOME TO FINAL FANTASY HACKTICS WHERE ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

..With hard work and persistence, as with everything else in life.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Celdia

Quote from: Mobius on June 21, 2013, 07:03:55 pm
..With hard work and persistence, as with everything else in life.
Shh!!! You're not supposed to tell them that part!
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

VireBlaze

There's hard work involved?!  I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS UGH JUST HAVE EVERYONE ELSE DO EVERYTHING FOR ME

... Not.   :P

There's a fair amount to learn and do around here, and to me, it's a bit over-whelming as I don't quite understand some of it, but with time it'll start to sink in.

... Just gotta find out where to begin.  xP

Celdia

If you want a suggestion that may not seem helpful: anywhere. Seriously, just pick up any aspect of patching and dive in. I did it just to see if I could and after some time that random foray into it turned into CCP. There's no perfect starting block that everyone should begin modifying things from, but if you pick one thing and just run with it you'll gain some understanding there and it will just naturally lead to everything else because they're all connected in some way or another.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

Quote from: Celdia on June 22, 2013, 08:12:15 am
If you want a suggestion that may not seem helpful: anywhere. Seriously, just pick up any aspect of patching and dive in. I did it just to see if I could and after some time that random foray into it turned into CCP. There's no perfect starting block that everyone should begin modifying things from, but if you pick one thing and just run with it you'll gain some understanding there and it will just naturally lead to everything else because they're all connected in some way or another.

I did the same thing. :P Pick something and learn it.

Kokojo

I strongly, for a unknown reason, suggest you to play the patches that have already been done to get an idea of what you can do.

Remember, chat...CAN help you if the good ressources people are there ;P
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Reks

Not even a mention of me, eh?

I'm hurt.

Anyway, peeps of FFH. This guy here is my significant other, so treat him nicely while i'm gone at sea, 'kay?
Also, don't be shy to just dive right into anything and everything that's here. Including Arena. I know you say i'm better at it but you won't get good at making teams if you never make any.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Jumza

:cry: Come back soon Reks!

And Welcome VireBlaze! I hope you have a great time while hacking this great game.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

VireBlaze

Thank ya, thank ya everyone.  :3

And I'm sorreh, Reksy.  .w.

I LOVE YOU PLEASE DON'T WHIP ME AGAIN  D:

... Or you could~

(Yes I will occasionally go out of my way to make people feel uncomfortable.  Sometimes.)

As for being active around the site, I will definitely try to do so and kinda get my hands dirty in learning some things here and there, I'm just not sure how active I'll be as I'm kinda handling some things IRL, but it's fine - I wouldn't have spoken up if I didn't think I couldn't handle it.  Just a fore-warning, I s'ppose.

... Yes I'm awkward and kinda weird shhhhhh

reinoe

Oh yeah, welcome to Hacktics!  Most of my dreams have come true already! Once a couple more dreams come true I can ascend to a higher plane!  Such is the power and wonder of this forum.  You'll see this site is fantastic.
My dreams can come true!