• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:34:37 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Hello Airbawdy

Started by Zotis, October 12, 2013, 06:08:25 am

Zotis

Sup everybody, I just joined.  I'm a huge--HUGE Final Fantasy Tactics fan.  I mean, the only game I have actually logged more hours on was Counter Strike.  Oh man, the day I broke FFT was when I gave Ramza blade grasp when he had 97 brave and a reflect mail on, and then boosted his brave to 100 in battle.

But yeah... you all know that trick...

Anyway I actually found this site from watching the AI tournaments on youtube.  I remember the first tournament ever, I chatted with the uploader a bunch but when I told him to make more I think I kind of offended him in some way and he stopped talking to me.  That was a long time ago though and I just recently looked to see if any more tournaments had happened and was really excited to see more.

I actually downloaded Arena138d, but I have no idea what kind of file it is or how to use it.  I also tried to use the TeamDesign thing, but I couldn't get Excel 2007, and in Open Office it isn't interactive at all (I got the impression it was supposed to be).

But yeah, I'd love to know more about what you guys do here, and to eventually be a participant in the next tournament.  I must say I was really sad when CT5Holy lost to pxtimefordeath in season 2.  I was rooting for CT5Holy to win again, but congrats to pxtimefordeath for winning that tournament.

So far I'm only up to speed on season 2, I actually just realised there were more seasons while I was writing this post.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, this looks like a great site and forum.

300,000,000,000 points to whoever can guess which game my avatar is from.

Dokurider

Howdy, welcome to FFH, where your dreams come true, but only if you pay off the interest.

The file you downloaded was a PPF file. You obtain an ISO, or a copy of FFT, and apply it with PPF-O-MATIC which you can find here. Once that is done, all you need to do to battle teams is to generate a memory card via the Memory Card Generator. It's the Excel Spreadsheet file that came with the PPF file and it needs Excel 2007 or higher to use.

Failing that, you'll just have to wait until Barren or any other of the Arena Recorders get around to what you posted in the Team Submissions. Good luck in your inevitable gauntlet, Zotis, and I hope you have fun. Your team looks like a good first effort. Good job in adhering to the team posting standards.