• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:21:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

storyline edit

Started by DERIDEX120, July 24, 2013, 03:44:48 pm

DERIDEX120

If I wanted to edit the storyline a little in-game, (WoTL) would one of you kindly direct me on how to do so?

I'm trying to change up some characters, character names, and in-battle speech at different points in the already existing storyline. Not a major overhaul, just a couple of skirmishes here and there.

Also I'd like to introduce a couple new characters into the game. (want to use custom sprites, so i'd rather make new characters than paste a new sprite over an already existing character somewhere in the story, like mustadio for example)

I already have a text editor (which so far has never worked for me) a patcher which I use often, and the sprite editor which I also have used before.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Editing in battle dialogue (unless you are just changing what is already there) means you need to make a new event for the dialogue and add a condition for it in the attack.out spreadsheet. As far as I know this can currently only be done one the PSX version of FFT
  • Modding version: PSX

DERIDEX120

forgive my ignorance, but how would one actually do that? I don't see how you could modify/patch a game that's already burned on a disk. It makes more sense to an actual file like the PSP version, as it's easily accessable by PC.

Look man, PSX, PSP, or PC, I don't mind. I just need something more challenging. And a storyline that doesn't bore me to tears would not hurt at all.

3lric

July 24, 2013, 10:39:49 pm #3 Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:45:09 pm by Elric
You realize that FFT WoTL came on a UMD originally right? No different than that FFT disc... Just harder for the average person
to rip. Point is, neither one of these games is a file by default, they both came as hardcopies. However it seems you've only
downloaded PSP iso's and not PSX ones. it's the same concept.
(unless you got your WoTL from PSN or some other kind of digital copy that I don't know much about)

You make a .iso (or acquire one) of your FFT disc.

You cannot do very much with the PSP version (all but 1 or 2 of the FFT mods on this site of of the PSX game)
However in the PSX version you are really only limited to your will to work.

Jumza

If you want difficulty / good storyline play JoT5, or Call of Power! Or if you aren't desperate for a new story there a ton of random difficulty changes lying around in the new projects section. Though all are for the PSX.

There are a couple (which I mean like... 2? 3? I don't even bother keeping count) for the PSP, but none with storyline changes, at least that I know of.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DERIDEX120

I see, I see.
I'd have to run a PSX emulator and run the original fft through that for the psx version. (since, obviously, I'm playing on psp)

but if that version gives me more creative freedom, I'm willing to give it a shot.