• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:13:43 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on July 05, 2015, 12:17:54 pm

Brutal. Reks lost this convincingly due to his samurai having Muramasa and Chirijiraden. Haven't seen someone lose to a bad filler choice this late before. RIP.

GJ to Andante making it to winners finals. I think you have a better chance vs Mudvayne than I do, but I have a better chance against you than Mudvayne. I don't agree with triangles.

Here come the nerves.

Mura was there just in case so she didn't hit her teammates in the face with Chiri like she did in the team's tests.

Welp. That happened. GG Andante.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

Geomancer's a oddly balanced class where the genders don't have the same move. It'd be pretty for female geomancers to have 4 move since they'd be able to get 18 MA easily.

It'd be pretty funny if you didn't run into any tornado or quake this entire tournament though. There hasn't been a lot of quake, but tornado is everywhere.

----------------

All this time I thought female geomancer had 3 move.
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

This is probably an error in the Master Guide. The gender's stats are linked in FFTPatcher for all jobs except Bard and Dancer.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

CupOfOrangeJuice

quick question. Does mimic abilities trigger reaction abilities?

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Basically if you look at some of Rouroni Elmdor's matches the samurai casted summon magic first before counter magic triggers. Mimed actions doesn't trigger reaction abilities.

CupOfOrangeJuice

Yeah, I was just hoping it did trigger reaction abilities because it would make my match easier.

Shintroy

Mimicked actions do trigger reaction abilities, but reaction abilities don't trigger mimic. If Rouroni's Samurai counter magic'd a spell the mimes won't mimic that. If a mime mimics something like Thunder Flare reactions will be triggered.

Counter Magic is so strong against Rouroni's team because there's always a chance of getting hit by three stronger Bahamuts.

-------------------
Mime Stall vs Water Absorb
My team has a bad match up vs aoe and heavy caster teams especially on medium sized maps. GL to me because Mudvayne has the advantage.

R1 - Great opener getting three quickenings at the start and a sleep. Got a 3 unit sleep on the side, but wasn't able to take out the Ninja due to absorbing wind and not being able to use repeating fist. unlucky mimic backfires when the chemist and mime started to wake up everyone. Things got scary when the Time Mage went down with the Petrified monk. Really lucky the chemist reached the monk and the Mime didn't go down to status. Really lucky come back. Thank you quickening and mime.

R2 - Good opening for Mudvayne getting rid of the Monk early. No quickenings from the monk makes this kind of match up hell on a small map. The team keeps it together with status, mimic stop and that nether fire redirect.

GG. Really good match. Got me sweating R1. Regen saved me so many turns here. MVP definitely goes to Kiyomori and Masamune. Winners Finals here I come.

Barren

congrats shintroy for making it to the semi finals. You'll have your hands full against andante's team. Best of luck. We will see if a mime can be a champion

As for the last winner's bracket match I can do it after I get back from the connection convention in Connecticut.

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on July 07, 2015, 09:30:44 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 26 - Shintroy vs Mudvayne

Huge momentum swings in both of these rounds.  Especially Round 1.  I thought for sure Mudvayne had it after the Time Mage Crystallized but then like a doofus the Oracle used Dia on the Mime when either reviving the archer or using esuna on the ninja would have won the round.

Then in Round 2 the ninja decided to go for a weapon break instead of seal evil.

Both decisions cost Mudvayne the rounds especially the round one.

Incredibly impressive comeback for Shintroy.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

Oh, my samurai senses are tingling.. ya'll weren't talking about me were you? <3

You will indeed get all your reaction abilities from a mimed action, but something nasty like counter magic will not allow reactions. Counter-counters would be fun, but this ain't disgaia or I'd throw 6 penguins named "Bahamut" at you. Good luck in our next match, fattyzilla! Since every match could be our last, I'd like to request "black Betty" by ram jam if commentary isn't possible. If I go out, it's gotta be with a bram-ba-lam.

Oh daaaaaamn! Mimes ftw. I took a blind bet on shintroy making finals with his mime team, and it's paying off. Still one more tough fight to go, but I have faith. Thought it would be one ticket to the underworld when that ninja soloed that monk and TM, but that mime solos whole teams. Definite MVP, and if shintroy makes finals we can safely say that mime is MVP of the tournament, no foolin'. The only thing that worries me is the overabundance of non-lethal abilities on that monk. S magic, chakra, revive can be bad enough at holding a monk back, but the thief abilities make it even tougher for him to do his job, though the quickening is totally necessary.

Sorry, mudvayne it's down to the pits with the rest of us, and the rumors are true. It's a complete fucking bloodbath down here.

wow, what a fast match. Had a hard time keeping up. I'm hoping silentkaster and I will eat up both ends of the losers bracket and meet again for an epic rematch (as we should have met this way to begin with. It was like being matched with your friend in the gladiatorial arena, see Spartacus for details), but I gotta chew through fattyzila, ct5 holy barren or TL.... yeah not likely, but I'll hope dammit. GG guys

Edit: Also, I know you're lurking FF master (samurai sense) so thanks for making this symphony of madness and destruction possible.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Shintroy

At this point, I'm fighting for 2nd place. As Barren said, Andante's got a hard counter on my team so it looks like there's going to have another 2-0 sweep of the winner's bracket this year. Not even mad though since I got proven wrong about Lancer not making it into top 8.

If reinoe's team was how he intended it to be I wouldn't have made it this far. A team that's immune to Stop, Sleep, Don't Act AND Slow?! NO GG

If SP altering abilities get removed in 140, I hope Mime gets access to shields since mimes can use them without problems unlike weapons. That or Mimes get 9 base SP.

Even though I always bet on Mime, and still am, I'm more worried about who has to fight CT5Holy afterward. Not even going to even wonder what happens if one of you beats Holy and has to fight Barren, Truelight, or Vigilante. Definitely not thinking about the possibility of fighting Reks or the winner from the other side of the bracket. ;) I'm taking second so I'll stop there. Good luck to you two though. I love me some upsets.
Don't let Barren get to me I'm counting on you guys.

----------------------Edit----------------------

Fast status team vs Balanced Team.
No reason for that paladin to have 7 SP. Automatically siding with silentkaster since he'll have so much of a turn advantage with status and speed stacking up.

R1 - Great opener for Lakitu with the Quake and Holy KOs. silentkaster's 14 SP miem almost brings it back with siome support and disruption. Really surprised Lakitu took this so convincingly.

R2 - triple sleep... 250+ Tornado on all units....  Two units didn't even get to play. I love it.

R3 - Great opening for silentkaster with an opening charm and downed scholar. Lakitu had the damage to make the comeback. Basically a 3v4 since the 7 SP paladin didn't get to do anything. Would've been a great round if it weren't for the paladin.

GG. That Mediator/White Magic unit's is always a treat. I wonder if there's anything game changing mediator can do with 70 faith. Maybe a 10 speed spell gun / time magic unit with no silence protection or something.

Good stuff Lakitu. First team ever? Almost beat a top player with 3 units? Hope you make more teams m8.

R3 -

Mudvayne

FFT Arena Season 4 Losers Bracket Match #13 Silentkaster vs Lakitu673

GG. The rng did not want me winning round 1. Lots of dont acts missing ands lots of sleeps landing. I'm not sure how different things would have been in a round 3 but I'd have loved to of seen one. Oh well. Time to crack some skulls in the losers bracket! ;)

silentkaster

Wow. When I saw two of my units go down abruptly in R3 I thought it was over. Holy against my mediator was huge. But I guess Raise 2 was also big for me. Ugh nail biter there. GG Lakitu (btw I always thought it was pronounced Lack-eh-too...have I been saying it wrong all these years?) My next match up is against my sister...oh boy :/

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Lakitu673

Good match silentkaster. R3 I thought for sure I was going to lose, then thought for sure I was going to win and then cursing my phone as my priest casted a raise and walked into range of the archer.

To answer shintroy this is my first (but not last) Arena team. I did have some good advice from Barren, most of which I took. When he suggested I put a Zephyr Shield on the paladin, I was all, "nah, I'd rather have the PA."

Barren

You didn't do too bad Lakitu for your first time. It just that to me the lack of speed on your paladin is what cost you in the end because there could have been times where those southern crosses could really wreck house. maybe even sprint shoes if you want your paladin to be a bit faster. Or if you wanted to keep the 4 move with float Ice Brand + Kaiser Plate is another decent option so that way you can swap out the black robe for something else. But no worries, you'll get better

Lakitu673

I did a lot better than I thought I would. I'll make some tweaks and then post this team on the Team Submission thread. Anyway good luck to everyone else left

Elmdork

To those of us who've been doing this for a while, it's common knowledge, but there are a lot of new players so I feel it worth mentioning:

Speed is the most important statistic a unit has and the ai knows it.

to put into perspective:

a 7 speed unit gets his turn in 14.28 ticks
an 8 speed unit gets his turn in 12.5 ticks
a 10 speed unit gets his turn in 10 ticks
a 12 speed unit gets his turn in  8.3 ticks
a 16 speed unit gets their turn in 6.25 ticks

(if u wanna know how many ticks, divide 100 (max ct) by your speed. Super simple)

Contrary to popular belief, it's not about the frequency of double turns (though the more the merrier of course) but more about dealing damage/statii first, forcing opposing teams to heal that damage/statii with their turn disadvantage. Every turn an 18 pa monk uses stigma magic is a turn he's not punching you, and that matters. Eventually you will get your double turn and that's when you overload the enemy's priorities and stick them in permanent sandbag mode. Of course nothing is set in stone and just speed stacking will definitely not assure you victory, but it's definitely effective so long as you can make good use of your extra turns.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor