• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:38 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Elmdork

Great choice of music, barren!

Nuuuuuu! It's too late, She's gone too far. She lost the sun, She's come undone. I was more worried about that priest than even Silentkaster's scholar. Being able to take an additional attack really makes her a larger threat, and I didn't  prepare for counter magic at all.  Well, tis' the way of the universe, unfortunately all I got were matches against counter magic teams so they haven't really shown what they can do, but maybe my luck will improve in the underworld. Didn't help that they decided to be a bit derpy today, but don't let that take from your victory, DW! You certainly earned it, GG!

... dear god if I have to fight silentkaster again..
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Mudvayne

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Losers Bracket Match #1: Fanatic vs Lakitu673

Expect more videos soon  :D

Also, quick note... My samurai DOES have heavens cloud. Barren, re-check my last pm to you with my team submission. The samurai does indeed have heavens cloud but it is not included in the version posted here in the thread. I was wondering why she wasnt using it during my match.. and that's because she's listed here as not having it but in the last PM I sent to you with my team info, she does indeed have heavens cloud (and still has 100 jp leftover, so this shouldn't have been a JP cap issue).

Shintroy

Quote from: Barren on June 17, 2015, 02:24:06 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match  # 13 - dw6561 vs Rouroni Elmdor

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match  # 14 - fattyzilla vs Andante49

Wind Absorb vs Summon Mime
Counter Magic on the 16 effective MA priest will definitely be a problem for Rouroni's strategy.

R1 - Pretty even round. Counter Magic too strong. Pretty sad about the samurai choosing not to revive her team at the end there. The Monk must have been the faster unit.

R2 - Maps like these make me go for Zodiac over Bahamut on mimic summon teams. You can't argue with Bahamut's range and damage though. Surprised Rourouni came through on this map

R3 - Quick round due to Counter Magic. No coming back without the mimes.

GG. Still good to know there will be at least one mime in R3.

Physical Team vs Balanced High SP team.
Fattyzilla's units don't really have the MP to do much and the chemist isn't complete so I'm betting on Andante to take this.

R1 - Boring match due to the match. fatty was outmatched for the majority of the match, but due to the map and his good sandbagging it took way longer than it should've.

R2 - Shoutouts to Hyrule Temple and Melee. Andante's team swarmed fatty's team on another choke point map. This match made me interested in seeing an all float team on some crazy maps like the volcano

GG. Too bad about the maps though.

Heaven or Hell, good luck. Both brackets are looking stacked. There's no free wins anywhere.
I didn't sign up for this.

--------------

Strong teams, but I'm betting on Lakitu since his team has more sources of damage. I do like the physical/ton archers though. Haven't seen one of those in a while. Sounds like a really good idea since you can have a multi elemental physical unit. Definitely going to look at that build.

R1 - Wow.

R2 - Good map for a straight forward team. Pretty unlucky the casters got separated from the melee units.

R3 - Close round at the start bout AoE against no aoe or status usually doesn't end well.

GG.

Everyone's surprised about the lack of quake and tornado I'm sure. I guess everyone thought it would be a smart choice to not use spells the most likely to defend against.
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Quote from: Mudvayne on June 17, 2015, 08:19:58 pm

Also, quick note... My samurai DOES have heavens cloud. Barren, re-check my last pm to you with my team submission. The samurai does indeed have heavens cloud but it is not included in the version posted here in the thread. I was wondering why she wasnt using it during my match.. and that's because she's listed here as not having it but in the last PM I sent to you with my team info, she does indeed have heavens cloud (and still has 100 jp leftover, so this shouldn't have been a JP cap issue).

Fixed
You dare cross blades with me?

Mudvayne

So this shitty software I'm using to edit matches with (movie maker) won't allow me to adjust the volume of the music I'm importing. In the settings, whether the volume for the music turned up all the way, or turned down all the way to where it should almost be muted, it still plays at exactly the same volume. Although there is no way to tell that within the software because when you play back the clip it doesn't play the music OR my commentary. So I have to change everythning, save re-save the clip (which takes a few minutes each time to convert or whatever the hell its doing) and then open it in widows media player and play it back. Only to find out that nothing it different. No matter how I change the settings and save and replay, the music volume is always the same. Entirely over my commentary making it useless since you can't hear it. I've been messing with it for a good 45 minutes now changing the volume of the commentary, putting emphasis on the commentary and off of the music, muting the music entirely (which doesn't even work, it still plays at the same volume.........), everything. It's either commentary or music. This is frustrating beyond belief.

CT5Holy

Just go with commentary. People can fill in music for themselves if they want it.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Barren

Hyper Cam 2 I'll be honest with you isn't really the best thing to use. If you're having these problems its probably because of the codec the program uses to render your videos. Which also means that the video comes out as a large file and windows movie maker just can't open a file that it doesn't support. I've been reading forums that say Hyper Cam 2 isn't very good. You can try fraps or cam studio since I believe both of them are free to download. There's also Virtual Dub which is another good software

Personally if you are willing to spend $300 then go get Camtasia Studio. Its a very efficient recording software that is easy to use and you can set your videos to be uncompress then you compress them. You can even render them in HD.

Zotis

Mudvayne

I have no problems with my recording software. Hypercam isn't the best but I have no issues recording videos and commentary with it. The movie editing program I'm using (Movie Maker) is what was causing the issues. I'll likely just download some different movie editing software today and play around with it after work.

I have no other use for Camtasia besides recording matches for here. To be honest, I wouldn't consider buying the program if it was $30, so... I appreciate the suggestion though, I'm just a cheap bastard haha.

Elmdork

That has to be the most hilarious game as of yet. No foolin' s got their work cut out for them if they're gonna top that. D..did that priest seriously comet herself? Wow red world, that was fantastic. You're my new pick for the winner of the season!

Edit: no, didn't comet herself :'(

Still, double frog.

Woooooooooah shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt!

Reks, what in the sweet hell did you feed them? It's like you took your classic balanced units and added the Otabo sadist chip. I swear they're enjoying it.

and so, the underworld filled with the most vile of demons. Whatever manages to get out of there will truly be a monster.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Kurosabes

Mudvayne, I use VSDC Video Editor for editing, it will run most codecs no problem. It's not as simple as MovieMaker but it didn't take me too long to figure things out.

On an unrelated note, how exactly do you calculate Suiton/Fuuton/Meiton damage? I come up with over a million damage, clearly something is wrong with the formula in the Master Guide.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Malroth

((145-MyFaith)*(145-TheirFaith)/10000) *PA*9

Best Reliable Case Scenario. 40 faith  18PA Attack Up Dancer with 108 Gems vs 40 Faith Target Neutral Compat.

145-40=105
105*105 =11025
11025/10000= 1.1025
1.1025(Faith Modifier)*18(pa)*9(attack stregnth)*1.3(Attack UP)*1.2(Elemental Strenghen)=278.63 which is rounded down to 278 damage

Kurosabes

Thanks for the clarification Malroth :)  So it was just missing the division by 10000 part. I should have figured that long ago.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on June 18, 2015, 10:59:53 am
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match  # 15 - StarRacer vs RedWorld

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match  # 16 - Reks vs TrueLight

D...d....damn that.... double frog.... i... i just don't know what to say about that honestly....

t..... that didn't go how me and reks thought it would.... damn..... what a match.... oh god... if i win my match... i have to face reks... oh boy....

*edit* stupid me... i was way off.... god i am tired today XD no no i don't have to face reks for awhile... still... i am getting nervous as the big teams are lining up for my head!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Zotis

I would say, for in the future, what these tournaments really need is some form of seating.  Like preliminary pools or something.

Lakitu673

Quote from: Zotis on June 18, 2015, 05:29:45 pm
I would say, for in the future, what these tournaments really need is some form of seating.  Like preliminary pools or something.

I was thinking about this too. Maybe we can incorporate an Elo rating system similar to what they do in chess

Barren

I'm not familiar with the rules of chess but maybe we can do some kind of unique gimmick tournament. My only concern would be that if its too complicated for everyone to understand