• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:38:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Changing Ramza's sex?

Started by A Blood Red Fox, March 03, 2013, 09:51:10 am

A Blood Red Fox

I thought it'd be easy... but I can't figure out how. I assume it is something you have to change in the ASM stuff? Is there an easier way to do it? (As in something I can do with a utility in plain text rather then puzzling over hexidecimal stuff and being generally confused?)

Jumza

Quote from: CeldiaTo change Ramza's gender you need to edit one number in the SCUS_942.21 file. At 0x4A8A4 the value is 80. Change that to 40 for Female [or 20 for Monster].

I found this in an old topic about changing Ramza's gender. It is fairly simple to do, all you need is a hex editor (I use WindHex32) and the file SCUS_942.21. Just go to 0x4A8A4 find the number 80 and change it to 40.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

A Blood Red Fox

Thank you very much. I did as noted and it worked. Though it seems I have to start a new game for it to come into effect. Is there a way to change it for a game that's already in progress?

Edit: I'm using running an image in epsxe

Pride

You would have to edit the memory card with an editor
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?