• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:11:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lot of new ideas but don't know if possible

Started by Arkatros, May 26, 2015, 11:20:24 am

Arkatros

Hi, i am new to the forum. This is in fact my first post ever. I started my own project, re-creating ALL jobs in the game and i have a few questions about what is possible or not to do. My question is more like: I want to do XYZ and i want to know if someone did it already, if it's possible, etc. So, here's my few ideas:

1- I have merged Squire and chemist into a single, basic job for all and i want to know how i can put the item command as an innate skill-set (with his primary skillset) to a job. That means that i want this unit to have his ''squire'' skillset as his primary skillset, to have the item command has an innate skillset AND so he can have a secondary, other skillset.

2-I want to know if it's possible to create a %CRIT stats in the game. For example, having a class wich is best at criting and equiping items that augment the %CRIT.

3- I want to know if it's possible to create another shop (Blacksmith) wich would be a shop that require you to have certain item in stock to be able to purchase an item there. Item create from recipes. Exemple: Chocobo feather X3 = Chocobo Cape.

I think it will be all for now, i don't know if these ideas are possible but if yes, please someone guide me. If i have posted this at the wrong place in the forum, please tell me where to post it and i'll move it there. Thank you!
''Trust your instinct like you'll trust what's in the mirror.''

Xifanie

1) I'm sure it's possible, just not sure how hard that would be. I have messed with innate skillsets before, but it broke things. Also you might want to use a special skillset for items just to have all the skills auto-learned in battle, while still being able to use Chemist for any new job you might think of.

2) I haven't heard of anyone doing so, but I do know there are 2 free weapon bytes, which could make each weapon have their own crit rate... actually, FFMaster might've done it for Arena?

3) http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10108.msg194219#msg194219
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Arkatros

Quote from: Xifanie on May 26, 2015, 02:38:44 pm
1) I'm sure it's possible, just not sure how hard that would be. I have messed with innate skillsets before, but it broke things. Also you might want to use a special skillset for items just to have all the skills auto-learned in battle, while still being able to use Chemist for any new job you might think of.

2) I haven't heard of anyone doing so, but I do know there are 2 free weapon bytes, which could make each weapon have their own crit rate... actually, FFMaster might've done it for Arena?

3) http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10108.msg194219#msg194219

Wow, first thing, your patch is so amazing! Exactly what i was looking for! I'll make good use of it. I had the idea to reboot the poaching utility by creating a few items only attainable by the secret hunt + item synthesis combo (not even steal). I will delete every consumable items to create slot for my recipes items and do something else for my Squire/chemist problem.

Last thing is, i am still stuck with this CRIT problem, since i am kind of new and learning, i don't really know how to do anything with those 2 free weapon bytes you are talking about. And could you please tell me how to patch your patch? I opened it and understood immediatly how to use it for programming my items. I also got the idea that the xml file is the thing that i want to patch somewhere. Can you tell me where please?

Thank you for your wonderful answers and time, i had not expected such a quick and good answer.
:)
''Trust your instinct like you'll trust what's in the mirror.''

Xifanie

You save the .xml stuff in a .xml file, place it in the same folder as FFTOrgASM (part of the FFTPatcher Suite which you can find in the Tools section), run and patch.

As for the weapon crit, it seems like I was wrong and FFT Arena doesn't use it. If you want to do it yourself, you'd have to learn how to ASM. You can find a bunch of tutorials here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9204.0
If it helps any, there's already a hack to change crit rate globally: @ BATTLE.BIN 0x11F508 is the value for crit % +~ 1
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pride

SecondAdvent has a hack that gives each weapon (and monster classes) unique crit rate. It would be possible to give each class a crit rate and have weapons that augment that but theres a very real chance that you would have to make this yourself.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Aqueous

Quote from: Arkatros on May 26, 2015, 11:20:24 am
Hi, i am new to the forum. This is in fact my first post ever. I started my own project, re-creating ALL jobs in the game and i have a few questions about what is possible or not to do. My question is more like: I want to do XYZ and i want to know if someone did it already, if it's possible, etc. So, here's my few ideas:

1- I have merged Squire and chemist into a single, basic job for all and i want to know how i can put the item command as an innate skill-set (with his primary skillset) to a job. That means that i want this unit to have his ''squire'' skillset as his primary skillset, to have the item command has an innate skillset AND so he can have a secondary, other skillset.

This is possible.

You have to be careful though, there is a limit to how many innate skillsets you can add but just one is absolutely fine. If you know ASM you can add it yourself in a nice succinct way, else you can use the ALMA spreadsheet hack (search for it on here) to add this.

Jumza

Someone's hacking thread contains the code that makes any supporting ability (I think the default is Defend) into an extra skillset when equipped. You could use that and make that job have the defend support equipped innately via the FFTPatcher.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.