• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:18:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Houses of a yet un-named world

Started by Lijj, August 27, 2013, 06:46:27 am

Lijj

August 27, 2013, 06:46:27 am Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:11:14 am by Lijj
Been working on some heraldic crests for a personal project (for either a game or a graphic novel, still fully undecided). Here is the first of more to follow;
House Shrouw:

There will be many dragon themed sigils, as is explained once their place is understood in the realm of Chrishodia (a continent of the yet un-named world).

A watery dragon of sorts.
Colours: blue, red, tawny-birch, white and gold.
  • Modding version: PSX

RedWorld

Ooooooo~! That looks so interesting! I really like this and would love to see more! :3

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Lijj

Thanks Redworld.. I'll certainly post another tonight; I've already penciled it. I'm stoked because the design came to me while in a meditative blank-state, and I think it's really cool.
I just have to colour it!!!

3lric

That's freakin beautiful Lijj, great work man!

Reks

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Lijj

Thanks fellows, I know I should be testing Lirmont's text tool, but I will tonight after colouring that second one.. coming up soon (another Dragon one) hehehe.

Epsimrove

August 27, 2013, 11:23:45 pm #6 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:32:49 pm by Epsimrove
Nice work, have you considered specific items to conjure symbolism behind them? Prominent geography, history, trade etc?

Lijj

August 27, 2013, 11:56:45 pm #7 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:06:55 am by Lijj
Quote from: Epsimrove on August 27, 2013, 11:23:45 pm
Nice work, have you considered specific items to conjure symbolism behind them? Prominent geography, history, trade etc?

Thanks for asking Epsimrove, I have considered all those things (I've got maps drawn up and histories summarized etc. even a code for their languages), except for the item specs. idea; I will definitely ruminate on that. Especially if I take the game route.. I'll have to post some of the other things I've got soon as well. I just keep changing the maps still.
Edit: I've got lots of names to come up with still for most of the smaller realms.

Epsimrove

Good ideas, the abundance of all these small details should really engross your audience. I'll check in now and then; keep it up.

Lijj

August 28, 2013, 05:05:01 am #9 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:43:30 pm by Lijj
Eventually I will add more. but for now here is:
House Estorra:

A pair of earthy dragons connected at the bottom.
  Colours: forest-green, brown, green, yellow, white and red.

RedWorld

You know what you need to make with these?

Coat patches. Because I would so put one on mine, if I had a cool jacket! <333

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Lijj

That's a really good idea actually.. I'm stoked on that! I could do it too..  by printing GiclĂ©e on canvas, cutting out by hand, and stitching on. One more dragon crest imminent.

Lijj

August 28, 2013, 08:51:06 pm #12 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:00:55 pm by Lijj
House Panel:

Dragon of the white mountain.
  Colours: grey, black, white, violet, twilight-blue and jade-green.

Not sure if this one's a keeper (I may use it for a minor house).
UPDATED:
Below

RedWorld

Ooooo~! I like that one the best so far! :D <333

Lijj

August 29, 2013, 05:56:05 am #14 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:09:14 pm by Lijj
You do? aww jeesh. Well I was going to delete it; but now I'm afraid to delete it! :p I'll keep it, though I will change the dragon later since I like the tree and asymmetry about it. The dragon is irritating me the more I look at it.. I liked it in sketch form quite a bit, but I think it looks "top-heavy" and awkward hehe. I'm super glad you like it though.

House Farinaz:

Wolf, dragon and fish hybrids biting a ring with a sword at its center.
Colours: red, white and black.

Epsimrove

Looking really good Lijj, I especially like the elements in the Farinaz one.

Lijj

Glad you're keeping up on this Epsimrove... and fine choice; May be the best design yet. Since you asked about maps earlier, here is an older one;  very outdated though:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
also,
I will have an update for the black dragon on House Panel's sigil soon

Delmonte

I admire the linework you've put into these, especially the lower torso of the Panel dragon. There's a nice fluidity to it, even though the contrast from the white background makes it hard to notice from afar. Given how much you've done already, I'm wondering if you've kept up with this project, as it's inspiring to see what you've imagined here. Other than art, what else do you have in mind, such as story or general setting?

Zotis

Hi Lijj, these are all really cool.  Please don't change House Panel.  I really like it, and the dragon looks awkward but in a good way.  I like his blocky body, his shriveled limbs, and his strange mouth.  He looks great next to the tree like that, and the colors are perfect.  Please don't change it.

My favorite so far is House Farinaz.  I think it has the best color composition and most interesting designs.  The detail on each object is really good, the dragons, the sword, the ring.  I especially like the ring with the chubby little face on it.

The only one I think you need to touch up is House Estorra.  All it really needs is a bit more detail on the body from the necks down.  The heads have texture but the body and fins don't.  They just need a bit of texture and it would be perfect.

Anyway, if you can produce patches of these I would pay for them and sow them on my bag and jacket.  Let me know if that's a real possibility and not just a good intention.

Lijj

January 16, 2014, 11:05:15 pm #19 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:28:00 am by Lijj
Hey guys I didn't see that anyone posted here 'til now.
Thanks for taking an interest in these. They are for what was, when I 1st posted, an undecided project. I was either going to make a comic book (since I can't code) or a video game. I decided to go with making a game. I've developed on these ideas since then. If either of you want some info on the project you are welcome to PM me on this site. I check the site at least 3 times a week if not more.
Zotis, I am sorry but I changed House Panel's sigil a long time ago (like right after I said I wanted to) I just neglected this post :p. I'll keep the old one here at least though. And if you wanted to you really could print these on canvas, I'm going to print House Shrouw's out to sew onto my coat. It's a process called Glicee, just make sure you spray it with a clear coat before patching it cause it will flake usually.

I'm glad you guys like house panel's sigil.. I liked the dragon/tree combo but instead I broke it up into two different houses.

House Panel (new):

simplified a bit; but I like it more.

Colours: Grey, yellow, black and violet.

And
House Varda:

Colours: Brown, white, green and black.

I have an idea for a house sigil based on an actual historic one (House of Beaufort):
dat crushing gate!

Update:
House Voldmhyre:

Colours: Black, red, white and gold.

And since you like the Farinaz crest :D: