• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA AI and AIO help?

Started by MS05AZakuI, February 27, 2015, 12:33:02 pm

MS05AZakuI

Hi everyone, I an "avid" FFTA fan and have been trying to make my own FFTA mod for a while... That is until I hit a brick wall with the AI.

I've been toying around with FFTA with AIO for a while and while everything is all good I can't figure out how the AI conditions work.

Can anyone shed some light on the topic of AI priorities and conditions?

I want to force the AI to use specific rotations or at least force the AI to use ability X when it can. What I tried is to have a skill cost 0 MP and have high priority, so the AI will spam that when it is low on MP and a skill that cost 20 MP assuming that the AI gets 10 per turn with 100 priority. The AI still tends to spam regular attacks.

Bonus question:

How does the AI determine which skill to cast if it has 2 skills available with the same conditions and priority?

Eternal

I've always been under the impression that there's a sense of randomness when it comes to the AI actions, though you can manipulate what the AI uses based on the AI settings in AIO to some extent.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MS05AZakuI

February 28, 2015, 06:59:36 am #2 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:03:41 pm by MS05AZakuI
It's very random indeed, but I've noticed that if there are 2 skills with identical conditions it tends to spam only 1.

Any idea what the aggressive option for every class does ?

Eternal

It affects if the AI will move close to units and melee or not. Jobs like Black Mage and Archer have different settings for Aggressiveness than Soldier, for example.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817