• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:48:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

New challenger has arrived!!

Started by VincentCraven, November 11, 2007, 07:48:06 pm

Argg0

November 13, 2007, 02:29:37 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
I like the idea of using the WP as MA (the gun formula).

But... any chance we add it as effect of the weapon when using Skill X?

So that we'd have weapon damage followed by a spell.

That may not be possible, and, be rigged... <_<

Still, Mistic Knights are fun!

Jaakl

November 13, 2007, 05:00:13 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
i know the topics theme but i was thinking that the edited dak knight would be a good idea and change the roster number (utopically) too. i suggest that alicia and lavian could be changed to a type of ''soldiers of agrias'' like Gladiators or maybe fencers snipers or rangers
and create a job like Steiner of FFIX

VincentCraven

November 13, 2007, 06:54:59 pm #22 Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 07:33:26 am by VincentCraven
For Mystic Knight:

The magic gun formula seems to default to Ice/Ice2/Ice3. Elements other than the standard three do not cast the respective element. Using this as an ability causes the user to cast Ice. Units cast Ice even when the ability is set to Lightning elemental.

All I know so far about ability with chance to cast a spell is that the element doesn't take effect. I haven't tested it enough to know whether an ability can spawn another ability ("Bolt" magic from "Bolt Sword" skill).

Here's what I know will work, though it's not that good a substitute:
A) Make swords that cast a spell randomly and have a particular element accompanying it. This would replace several other swords and possibly equipment from other areas. This would cause the weapons to either be too powerful or become useless as the story progresses.

B) Use an ability not based on weapon power.  This would be either PA based, MA based, or both. This would cause the abilities to be completely independent of your weapon, except for minor bonuses to MA/PA.

Jaakl: Dark Knight? Like Gafgarion? No way. If you are talking about the PSP Dark Knight class, I can't recreate that. I also cannot increase the roster number. I do have a moderately updated spreadsheet in the Beta files post: you are welcome to look at my options there.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

November 13, 2007, 10:03:13 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Jaakl: It's like as if you were asking me to lift 240lb when I can barely lift 160lb (Yeah, I'm weak but I'm progressing).

Just compare the current me with the PSX and the stronger me with the PSP. the PSX has 2mb RAM; 2MB.

That's what we call hardware limitations. Plus even if it would be possible it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Really.

As for your ideas, you'd be better doing it yourself as you likely want to make a path for yourself only. It's one of the law of physics: Patches without a theme phails at being popular at all. Themes are like hard mode, FFVII mode (I really want to make an event with Cloud, Aeris, Elmdor (as sephiroth)

Event Starts
Sephi is behind Aeris
Cloud Arrives
Stab
Cloud: NOOOO! Why?
Sephi starts casting meteor
Cloud slashies Sephi
Sephi: No!!! Swords, my only weakness! *dies*

Damn, I just resumed the whole game. >_>'
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

VincentCraven

November 13, 2007, 11:25:51 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
^ It's a shame that Cloud just happened to be proficient in such a weapon. Oh well.

I'm kinda leaning toward no Mystic Knight or Necromancer unless more options become available. I am a fan of magic swords, but until I can figure out how to override the weapon elemental, I'm not so sure about this.

For Red Mage, should it be an exclusive class or placed on the job wheel? Mime is coming off, just because it can be a monster and still function exactly the same. If not Red Mage, what other class did we have in mind? I already plan on making the "Fury" set, which basically makes the wearer a Berserker. The combination of equips favors Squire as of now, though the Axe graphic is kinda messed up. Maybe the reason is that I changed a sword into an axe?

Xifanie

November 13, 2007, 11:36:19 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I personally don't know for sure how to change a job on the job wheel. I just hope for you that the mime restrictions will come off.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

huthutchuck

November 13, 2007, 11:50:37 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
For now lets just stick whith what we know can be done.  I saw a post earlier about Lavian and Alicia being "Agrias Knights?"  Maybe they should have some Holy Sword abilities without the Lightning Stab or Holy Explosion?  Just a thought.  Just as long as their is a Red Mage.

karsten

November 14, 2007, 02:29:37 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "VincentCraven"^ It's a shame that Cloud just happened to be proficient in such a weapon. Oh well.

I'm kinda leaning toward no Mystic Knight or Necromancer unless more options become available. I am a fan of magic swords, but until I can figure out how to override the weapon elemental, I'm not so sure about this.

For Red Mage, should it be an exclusive class or placed on the job wheel? Mime is coming off, just because it can be a monster and still function exactly the same. If not Red Mage, what other class did we have in mind? I already plan on making the "Fury" set, which basically makes the wearer a Berserker. The combination of equips favors Squire as of now, though the Axe graphic is kinda messed up. Maybe the reason is that I changed a sword into an axe?

it's nice to se that you listened to my suggestions :D )

VincentCraven

November 14, 2007, 07:49:28 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I personally don't know for sure how to change a job on the job wheel. I just hope for you that the mime restrictions will come off.

Oh yeah.... that could be a problem.

I'm not so sure about having so many Holy Sword abilities flying around, but I suppose if Agrias is better than them, they won't be used much. Maybe if they are regular knights but one with Stasis Sword and one with Split Punch?

Yeah karsten, I'm liking your suggestions pretty well. The Draw Out type set with MA weapons is about as close as I can get. We could make the Necromancer sorta work. It would be a powerful, slow class that uses only Dark skills, making it great for non-boss types. I still don't have new sprites for any of this guys though.

karsten

November 14, 2007, 08:51:55 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
by the way is it possible to add abilities like rei's one but for skeletons and ghosts to the necromancer? it would be incredibly funny!

VincentCraven

November 14, 2007, 09:05:30 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I doubt it. I think the "affects dragons" part is part of the formula. I'll check it out when I get back to my PC.

huthutchuck

November 14, 2007, 09:41:02 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
I didn't even consider the new class(es) being specialty classes.  If they are will they replace squire for the units? Just as an added thought, Crush Punch to necromancer, just because it can add:Dead; innate undead and immune to bloodsuck.

VincentCraven

November 14, 2007, 09:44:52 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Naturally, squire is the base class for generic units, and it is always replaced for specials.  If I can figure out a way to un-mime the mime slot, then Red Mage will probably become a generic class. I like the idea of innate undead and immune bloodsuck for Necromancer. Probably also absorb: dark.

huthutchuck

November 14, 2007, 09:49:11 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
Cool, imagine a class that would fear the Chemist and their accursed phoenix downs.

karsten

November 14, 2007, 11:30:00 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
with innate blood suck you lose control of the unit

Argg0

November 14, 2007, 12:41:52 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
They said Imune, not innate.

Jaakl

November 14, 2007, 05:54:13 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
I dont Know if you can do that the special chars, such as Mustadio for example, be generic, Can you? because if the answer is yes ignore this reply

Ok, I apologize for being so stupid and so foolish. But Be ware of something, you cannot do the Red Mage or the Mystic Knight A special Unit, because we cold fall in a non playable game patch. A non playable Patch? you would ask, yes a non playable one, because we will have our 12 special Chars plus Boco and Rad, Alicia And Lavian. And people here is the problem, If you do Rad Especial we (people who enjoy the patch) would never complete de propositions. Same As Lavian and Alicia you need at least 3 generic units to complete the propos. So think about it, again I apologize for being so stupid and i hope you understand my doubt about this.

Jaakl

November 14, 2007, 06:01:14 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
The necro you are doing Is quite Cool And i have A question. The new sprite (Red Mage) can be visualized on the formation screen? Just A question.

VincentCraven

November 14, 2007, 06:18:57 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
People still do propositions? I never did, and I completely forgot about that aspect. If I am shutting off an aspect of the game, then something needs to be fixed; however, by the time one receives all the characters, would he not also have done all the propositions he needed to do?

Also, if I can add Red Mage to the wheel, then one of the characters who is usually generic may have to stay generic, unless Rad is a Necromancer and the other two units are Mystic Knights. These new classes, however, currently do not have a new sprite, and, due to my lack of programming experience, these characters may be forced to use an existing sprite. The only sprites I know I will need right now are for Red Mage and Blue Mage. If nothing else, the classes will be identified by their names, not their appearance.

huthutchuck

November 14, 2007, 06:30:48 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by huthutchuck
Here's my suggestion:
Red Mage for Rad as his base class with
bolt
bolt 2
fire
fire 2
ice
ice 2
cure
cure 2
antidote
raise
protect
shell
regen
poison.
can equip swords, no innates,the spell list is enough

necromancer replacing mime with
dark holy
death
death sentence
darkness
drain
zombie touch
demi
maybe crush punch(add:dead)
with innate undead and float, immune to bloodsuck.

Lavian and Alicia getting Stasis sword and Silence(Magic Sword) in their knight class abilities

Just a thought. I think Necro may be a bit much but this is a start