• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Suggestions

Started by VincentCraven, September 27, 2007, 10:31:04 pm

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 09:12:40 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
I don't mean it has to be on Blood Sword, just in general a way to inflict the status. Same as Berserk Ring, it gives people reason to use a status they never used before. It could just be a spell added in somewhere, or a weapon ability, dunno =p
Silver Noble

VincentCraven

October 24, 2007, 07:04:09 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Okay, since philsov has been gone for... what, a month now? I'm going to add on some things to his patch myself. Most of it will make the game harder, but I need to do some more testing to make sure I'm not making any fatal mistakes. Wiegraf  (double-sworded diamond sword) pwned me somehow and I don't know why.

The best part was when Wiegraf attacked Ramza while he was asleep and got a critical hit for 700 dmg. Considering at that point Ramza only had 207HP, that was a serious overkill. I think I'll have to change my Zodiac signs (as in start the game over) so that Wiegraf can't walk up to my characters and 1HKO them all. Or maybe I just need to use more armored units...

Anyways, until someone else starts doing something, here's my thoughts.

-more speed for Archer, Thief, Lancer, and Ninja, less power to balance

-Spears require 2-hands but have increased power. Will need to test Lancer for this one. Probably will make Ignore Height innate and 6-8 Jump

-Knight Sword requires 2-hands: everyone will want to use them anyway because they are so good

-More axes, less swords: this might take a lot of changes to the equipment of some units. I know early on some Knights will still have a Long Sword equipped even if Knights cannot equip swords.

For all those who want "tweaking for tweaking sake," feel free to suggest some stuff.  I'd like to know if I can't just remove events altogether, they get pretty annoying when I have to click through them for the nth time.

Wish me luck on that, because I'll probably just end up completely screwing up my game.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Argg0

October 24, 2007, 10:02:17 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Wait, what?

Knights can't use sword anymore?

Just KSword and Axe?

Talk about a total useless class now.

VincentCraven

October 24, 2007, 10:41:06 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
No no no, Knights WILL be able to use swords, the problem is back when I couldn't change enemy equips w/o Gameshark, there was no way to get Long Sword off of the Knight. I tested what would happen IF Knights couldn't use Swords and they still had Long Swords equipped.

But I see your concern. No way I'd ever remove Sword from Knight! I'm not THAT crazy (yes, I am a little crazy).
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Prinygod

October 30, 2007, 01:43:08 am #24 Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 02:11:11 pm by Prinygod
I posted these on gamefaq (in Italics) and have some new suggestions as well

Explosive (bomb tier 3) doesn't have bite so that means that its only attack that has more than 1v tolerance is self-destruct, may be increase small bombs v tolerance and damage to make up for it? Or you could give it flame attack. Also i think it would be kind of cool if Wildbow could get oink so that monster only parties have a monster that can revive that doesn't completely suck. I guess while im at it i always thought it strange that throw spirit was pa based and Sacreds only had 3 move

wouldn't it make more sense to give Meliadoul destroy sword skill rather than Orlandu. Its also some what redundant to give Orlandu Dark sword and magic ruin.

Also the mp cost isn't much of a deterrent for the holy skill set, with a good sword you can wipe out the enemy party with out running out of mp. Especially for Orlandu who can Night sword any enemy and fully restore his mp.

Making Knight swords 2 handed onlywill only harm Knights really. All other classes with Knights swords don't really need shields because they can destroy anything that comes close to them. With Knights you would have to chose between Knight swords or shields thus making them even less appealing.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

Jaakl

November 04, 2007, 01:27:50 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
It Would Be nice if you put new classes and new sprites and change teh history for complete but i will not going that far i recomend you to put dark knight as a generic and transform the psx game in the psp game

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 01:32:27 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
If it seems so easy why don't you just do it yourself?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jaakl

November 04, 2007, 06:03:06 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
because my PC IS BROKEN the hard disks Died And.....  i always mess up the thing in the step of transforming the archive SCUS so can you please explain it better to work in the computer of my mom And cooperate with your work And test some things Like Gafgarion without the inmunity to the invitation and see what happens?

Jaakl

November 04, 2007, 06:04:29 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jaakl
Oh and i'm sorry for the psx to PSP thing it was a redaction error