• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:30 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

Yeah man, that's really awesome and also a really nice conversion to FFT style. How come you decided to cut out the black pupil? Might make it more creepy...

When I think of Tiamat my mind defaults to FF 1s like this:

Yours is pretty awesome though, keep it up :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Choto

thing looks nice kage! i'm surprised at how well you guys whip up custom stuff. I can mess with existing stuff but idk how to visualize what i want to draw and draw it. Looking forward to it!

Kagebunji

Quote from: Jon on May 28, 2012, 07:17:33 am
How come you decided to cut out the black pupil? Might make it more creepy...

What do you mean? I don't understand the sentence.

And thanks guys, it's nice to hear you like it. Also, Choto, it comes over time and practice, I must say Twinees teached me quite a lot about spriting too. Thanks Twinees :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MasterGrand

I envy you Kage, you are very lucky to find someone teach you like this....i want become like you kage...i crying...sniff...sniff.....:P
Let's be together !!

Rfh

May 28, 2012, 03:56:01 pm #2204 Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:04:57 pm by Rfh
Quote from: Jon on May 28, 2012, 07:17:33 am
How come you decided to cut out the black pupil?

I think that Jon refers to put a pupil in the Tiamat Eye.

Kajebunji, Did you plan to complete these sprites? They are awesome! And I think that I should complete my Tomberry King sprite, for you create its portrait, I don't forget it!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Kagebunji

I'm happy to announce I finished Succubus today. Gonna submit the .spr file in a few minutes. Here is the bmp in case someone needs it.

CONMAN

Hell yes Kage!  Seeing this makes me want to make some devilish girl of my own!

FFT: War of the Girls here we come! (I almost decided to misspell that last word-lol)

Celdia

Hm. Now that its done...what to DO with it...
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

Heh, feel free to try it, Conman. Devilish characters are my personal favorite, and sometime I will surely do some other demon etc.

It depends what you had in mind Celdia, I can come up with ideas if you wish.

Rfh

Kagebunji, Why do not you put wings while she's walking?
  • Discord username: rfh

Kagebunji

Lack of space. If I were to do a MON version, then it would be ok, but otherwise it's impossible to do it without making the wings smaller(and that's not what I want to do).

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Did anyone ever make an actual devil sprite?  You know, red skinned guy, nearly naked, horns, tail, possibly some hooves.  Pitchfork.  Goatee.

3lric

Somehow missed this yesterday Kage, didnt expect you to be done so quickly, I will surely find some kind of use for this. Well done as always!

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on May 30, 2012, 06:41:42 pm
Did anyone ever make an actual devil sprite?  You know, red skinned guy, nearly naked, horns, tail, possibly some hooves.  Pitchfork.  Goatee.

AFAIK, no

MasterGrand

Kage your sprite looks like amazing !
Let's be together !!

Twinees

Great job on succubus, Kage, it looks great. The tiamat sprite looks great, i dont have any problems with it, the portrait does need some work though. the eye socket and the shading around it is good, the eye itself could use some dazzling up. The scales on his face is what bothers me the most, they dont have any structure, just looks like you've put pixels there for the hell of it. I'll give you an example of how you can improve those when i get photoshop up and running on my computer again. Good job though. Succubus does look really top notch.

Jon

I don't get the Succubus. Why did you give her like 4 frames with wings while all the rest have none? And yeah, that's right Rfh, I meant the pupils, the black part in the center of the eye. You could make it almond shaped like a snakes for more creepiness or whatever...

Kagebunji

Quote from: Twinees on May 31, 2012, 10:22:56 am
Great job on succubus, Kage, it looks great. The tiamat sprite looks great, i dont have any problems with it, the portrait does need some work though. the eye socket and the shading around it is good, the eye itself could use some dazzling up. The scales on his face is what bothers me the most, they dont have any structure, just looks like you've put pixels there for the hell of it. I'll give you an example of how you can improve those when i get photoshop up and running on my computer again. Good job though. Succubus does look really top notch.

Thanks man, will look forward to talking with you about these.

Jon, in SoTN she spreads her wings out of nowhere as well, so it's nothing weird if she does it too when she is badly hurt etc. Nothing hard to understand here...

Lijj

Great job Kagebunji ninja!
I agree with Twin about the portrait of the dragon, not that it looks bad, just that that it does need to be scalier instead of rough.. I mean I actually do like that texture quite a bit but would expect larger scales. The bottom part, the offwhite, looks like fishbelly texture or lack of texture; I think that part is TOO smooth looking.
I really like the succubus, it is top-notch indeed.
Jon do you ever get anything? She's showing her true colors when she is vulnerable and Kage is working within specific dimensions.. makes sense to me.
Since all you do is bitch and moan about other people's hard work why don't you just get your act together and start making things to your own high standard.

Jon

June 01, 2012, 04:59:06 am #2218 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:04:22 am by Jon
Not gonna happen, I just crit now. And I'm not bitching or moaning, I look at these sprites from a neutral point of view, if you don't like what I say its not my problem. Plus I know you have a grudge against me Lijj which is just ridiculous ever since I crited some sprite from you which I can't even remember what it is now...

Taichii

hey guys chill out :) spread the love :)
epic work as usual kage ;)
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"