• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:37:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

anyway to make an enchant spell?

Started by Jubei1986, October 08, 2011, 04:21:19 pm

Jubei1986

What i mean by this is is there anyway to make a spell (for instance like ffxi redmage en-fire type) where you can imbue a weapon with a property through the
use of a skill. I know you can choose the elemental of your spell an so forth, but im looking along the lines of seeing say a flame on your blade when you attack
and for it to boost dmg a bit. I also know i can just use something like the fire spell/weapon strike, but not quite what im looking for. If anyone understands what im talking about, if this is possible through animation editing or what not, please advise me. thanks  :P

Eternal

Make an attack that uses Dmg_Weapon formula and slap the element you want on it perhaps? Won't do any extra damage unless you have a Strengthen: Element item on, though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MysticKnightFF5

October 08, 2011, 10:49:08 pm #2 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:51:03 pm by Dunkelritter Luna
Better idea.
Use the 2D formula Dmg_(PA*(WP+Y))
This will boost your damage and still be just like the Dmg_Weapon formula (if Y is zero, you do your normal damage) and you get the element. As for animations, that's something a spriter would (but won't) need to handle.

EDIT: Edited for accuracy...I derp'd

Jubei1986

thank you for the quick responses  :) . I think I figured a way to get it how I want it. Thanks again