• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:42:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

...I wasn't being honest.

Started by Xifanie, December 10, 2009, 08:38:53 pm

Xifanie

December 10, 2009, 08:38:53 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I lied.
I am truly a horrible person.
I'm sorry.

You see, when I said that there is no god, it was the truth. But the definition that I gave of god was false. Yes it is true that a ton of gods are weaker than the xtian god, and that nothing prevents a being from reaching the power of many Greek gods like Zeus and company.

Stargate is funny because of that too. I don't know if you ever watched this shit before, but the humans in it claim stronger beings like the Goa'ulds/Ori aren't gods because they are not invincible, do not know all, and are ill willed. Which only really defines a certain portion of the gods, which is exactly what I've been doing for a while.

Don't be fooled though, none of them exist. And even if another Chousin strong being exists outside our solar system/galaxy, you can't bypass the speed of light; meaning we'd never meet them. At least not in a fucking 100,000 years which at that point is not even worth considering anymore.

But in all honesty I don't like talking referring such low power beings to "gods". The current image most people have of gods is the one I mentioned early: a creator of infinite intelligence, omnipotent and omnipresent.

So you see, if we take the lowest definition, I'm in fact a god. But that's beside the point of Atheism.

So, I'm sorry and I hope you understand my point.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kokojo

December 10, 2009, 08:58:55 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
PENIS
Traduction : I don't fucking care.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

December 11, 2009, 02:04:34 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
lol

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

VampragonLord

December 11, 2009, 04:42:36 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VampragonLord
Zodiac: "I'm in fact a god"
o.o
*sacrifices a goat*
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

philsov

December 11, 2009, 09:23:13 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteYou see, when I said that there is no god, it was the truth

QuoteI'm in fact a god

Typically angstheistic doublethink.

QuoteYes it is true that a ton of gods are weaker than the xtian god,

"And you will know that I am THE LORD."  (some random bible passage)

Quoteand that nothing prevents a being from reaching the power of many Greek St. Ajora like Zeus and company.

God prevents it.  He works in mysterious ways.

QuoteStargate is funny because of that too

What's so funny about it?

QuoteI don't know if you ever watched this shit before

No.  

Quotebut the humans in it claim stronger beings like the Goa'ulds/Ori aren't gods because they are not invincible, do not know all, and are ill willed.

And that's why it's a work of fiction.  Science fiction, at that.

QuoteWhich only really defines a certain portion of the gods

Yes.  The false ones.

Quotewhich is exactly what I've been doing for a while.

A sinner acknowledging such is one step closer to salvation.  Bless you.

QuoteDon't be fooled though, none of them exist.

Only in a manner of thinking.  Again, these are false gods.  

QuoteAnd even if another Chousin strong being exists outside our solar system/galaxy, you can't bypass the speed of light

Unless you happen to be god.

Quotemeaning we'd never meet them

Until you died.

QuoteAt least not in a fucking 100,000 years which at that point is not even worth considering anymore.

And why must humans never even see their 200th birthday?  Mysterious ways, indeed.

QuoteBut in all honesty I don't like talking referring such low power beings to "gods".

Agreed!

QuoteThe current image most people have of gods is the one I mentioned early: a creator of infinite intelligence, omnipotent and omnipresent.

And benevolence and of a very personal nature.

QuoteSo you see, if we take the lowest definition, I'm in fact a god.

which is precisely why we do not.

QuoteBut that's beside the point of Atheism.

Atheism has no point.

QuoteSo, I'm sorry

its ok

QuoteI hope you understand my point

I shall pray for wisdom and insight!
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Xifanie

December 11, 2009, 09:47:40 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "philsov"Atheism has no point.
... you lie. :(
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Wasabi

December 11, 2009, 06:32:54 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Nihilism has a point of not having a point whatsoever. Oh, and destruction of social and political institutions for future improvements yada-yada-yada.

Archael

December 11, 2009, 07:43:17 pm #7 Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:45:38 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"Atheism has no point.

this is like saying that being a skeptic (of certain claims) has no point, or that disbelieving claims which you find insufficient evidence for has no point

why is that pointless?

sounds like a pretty good way to not get fooled in life

woodenbandman

December 11, 2009, 07:45:28 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
QuoteAtheism has no point.

Nothing has a point.

Your move.

Samuraiblackbelt

December 12, 2009, 12:44:02 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote from: "Voldemort"sounds like a pretty good way to not get fooled in life

*says some cliche xtian remarks about life and death*
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

ffzman

December 12, 2009, 03:55:48 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffzman
WE BELEEVE IN NUSSING, LEBOWSKI!

Kaijyuu

December 12, 2009, 04:05:33 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "woodenbandman"
QuoteAtheism has no point.

Nothing has a point.

Your move.
*pulls out a super soaker*

Redux

December 13, 2009, 09:25:29 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
What is see in life is not gods and men but dramas within in dramas, innumerable points of view. Our reality is our perception.

-Henry James