• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Waterbreathing: Dummied Content (Solved)

Started by BleuVII, January 09, 2017, 10:43:52 pm

BleuVII

January 09, 2017, 10:43:52 pm Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:18:45 pm by BleuVII
Quick question, just for confirmation. I'm now at the end of my playthrough, and I've been looking to see if there are any maps in the game that have a water depth of 3, thus triggering the Waterbreathing ability. To my knowledge, there are none. Has anyone else looked into this to determine if Waterbreathing is, in fact, dummied content?

Note: Bethla Sluice is the place I thought I would find this, but it jumps straight from depth of 2 (Swim) to depth of 4 (No Ability).
  • Modding version: WotL

3lric

Quote from: BleuVII on January 09, 2017, 10:43:52 pm
Quick question, just for confirmation. I'm now at the end of my playthrough, and I've been looking to see if there are any maps in the game that have a water depth of 3, thus triggering the Waterbreathing ability. To my knowledge, there are none. Has anyone else looked into this to determine if Waterbreathing is, in fact, dummied content?

Note: Bethla Sluice is the place I thought I would find this, but it jumps straight from depth of 2 (Swim) to depth of 4 (No Ability).

No Maps have water depth 3

Quote from: nitwit on January 15, 2017, 12:50:06 am
Check the wiki.

5 days to tell him to check the wiki, bravo
  • Modding version: PSX

BleuVII

Quote from: Elric on January 15, 2017, 07:46:36 am
No Maps have water depth 3

Thanks, Elric. I didn't find it in the wiki. I was about 95% sure due to my playthrough, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I will mark this as solved.

Note for anyone reading this later on down the line that "Waterbreathing (depth of 3)" does NOT include "Swim" (depth of 2). You will not be able to act in water of a depth of 2 with "Waterbreathing" equipped.
  • Modding version: WotL

Xifanie

What the hell is waterbreathing anyway? I mean, it's not like your characters can drown...
And what's that about 3h water? I never read about such a thing in the game.

I know about 3 water related abilities:

• Walk on Water: Walk like a ninja on water

• Move in Water: Max depth a unit will sink is 1h (see chocobos), and I don't know if there is a movement reduction for 1h deep water, but if so it cancels that too.

• Move Underwater: Cancels the movement restriction (half Move) when swimming in 2h deep waters. Does not allow acting; just makes movement easier. I think this is a monster innate only ability?

I know 2 of the 3 names were accidentally reversed (like the Glacier and Blaze Gun names)

Well, I'll be darned, even the PSX version says up to 3h deep. Which makes you wonder if water movement in general is bugged... you can totally just stop in 2h deep water, and from that description, it might not have been intended. Either way, I don't care enough to hack in 3h deep waters to try.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Timbo

Quote from: Xifanie on January 15, 2017, 06:26:56 pm
What the hell is waterbreathing anyway? I mean, it's not like your characters can drown...
And what's that about 3h water? I never read about such a thing in the game.

I know about 3 water related abilities:

• Walk on Water: Walk like a ninja on water

• Move in Water: Max depth a unit will sink is 1h (see chocobos), and I don't know if there is a movement reduction for 1h deep water, but if so it cancels that too.

• Move Underwater: Cancels the movement restriction (half Move) when swimming in 2h deep waters. Does not allow acting; just makes movement easier. I think this is a monster innate only ability?

I know 2 of the 3 names were accidentally reversed (like the Glacier and Blaze Gun names)

Well, I'll be darned, even the PSX version says up to 3h deep. Which makes you wonder if water movement in general is bugged... you can totally just stop in 2h deep water, and from that description, it might not have been intended. Either way, I don't care enough to hack in 3h deep waters to try.

Waterbreathing is the WotL name for Move Underwater.
  • Discord username: Timbo