• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

2 questions :D

Started by Croix, November 21, 2010, 07:57:15 pm

Croix

Hi all, its been a bit since my last post, I've recently been making job ideas, and while ripping off of everyone else for this one I was thinking of the Alchemist job class, and I was curious of 2 things, can you extend the items you can buy from a store? So you can create entirely new items rather than editing those currently programmed? And granted you could do so, could you mix 2 of those items together as an ability for different outcomes whether they be offensive or defensive?

VampragonLord

the first question, you cant "add" items of any sort, you can only edit currently existing items/skills. Item itself is hardcoded iirc. So you could edit the pre-existing potion - phoenix down, but past that you wont be able to do anything i THINK. someone correct me if im wrong but thats what ive seen from the patcher.
@ the rest of your question, i dont think you could, at least not without ASM. I think draw out might be the key youre looking for though, as far as spells going off from items etc.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kourama

like vamp said item is hardcoded so you can't add more items but you can alter a lot of the current items to add status effects at least.