• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:40:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

What did you think the best addition to the game was

Started by Wiegraf, May 30, 2010, 04:41:10 pm

The Best New Addition to War of the Lions

New Translation
5 (33.3%)
New Scenes
4 (26.7%)
Cell Shaded Cutscenes
3 (20%)
Voice Acting
1 (6.7%)
New Jobs
1 (6.7%)
New Abilities/Ability Effects
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 30, 2010, 04:41:10 pm

Wiegraf

For me, I hugely enjoyed the translation and the voice acting was better than anything square had done previously. Sadly we only enjoyed the amazing voice acting a few times ):
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

Kaijyuu

I think the new sidequests were cool. Everything else I think was a step down (didn't like the cutscenes... in-game machinima cutscenes were pretty awesome) or crappy (new jobs/characters were lame).
  • Modding version: PSX

LastingDawn

I loved everything about WotL except for the random addition of the Onion Knight, Dark Knight was a decent choice. I honestly don't think that there are any new effects, only recolors that were used for the Dark Knight's skills.

The cutscenes rank it upon the best art in a video game I've seen, the voice acting was top notch, who knew that the man who voice acted Hermes in Futurama could do such an amazing job voice acting a 16 year old noble?

Delita has that perfect mix of sympathy and snake-in-the-grass in his delivery, I forget what his VA had done previously.

And of cousre Kari Wahlgren gives a terrific performance (returning once again to play a Princess of Ivalice) as Ovelia, such sympathy is played from her, and her delivery is far from Ashe in XII.

And on a random note... Phil LaMarr really stretches his VAing muscles to show that he can play a soft innocent like Ramza yet give a (two line) awe inspiring voice for Zalmo.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Wiegraf

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Delita has that perfect mix of sympathy and snake-in-the-grass in his delivery, I forget what his VA had done previously.

I completely agree! Delita's VA (Robin Atkin Downes is by far my favorite VA ever. Everything I see him perform in, his performance is top notch, this time voicing my favorite video game character (tied with Wiegraf of coarse XD)

Quote from: "LastingDawn"And on a random note... Phil LaMarr really stretches his VAing muscles to show that he can play a soft innocent like Ramza yet give a (two line) awe inspiring voice for Zalmo.

lol Ive been wondering who did the voice of Zalmour

My only disappointment with the voice acting, is that there needed to be more of it! I wanted the Knights Templar to have VA'ing. I mean, of coarse not every scene needed the Cell Shaded + Voice Acting thing, but the important ones really needed it. Im almost furious that they didnt animate the ending with Delita and Ovelia... thats just a dumb mistake on their part. They easily could of added more. Of coarse, we all know how little Square could care about this game so I know why they didnt do it ):
What troubled sleep have you known to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream must always fade into day...

-Wiegraf

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Wiegraf"
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Delita has that perfect mix of sympathy and snake-in-the-grass in his delivery, I forget what his VA had done previously.

I completely agree! Delita's VA (Robin Atkin Downes is by far my favorite VA ever. Everything I see him perform in, his performance is top notch, this time voicing my favorite video game character (tied with Wiegraf of coarse XD)

Quote from: "LastingDawn"And on a random note... Phil LaMarr really stretches his VAing muscles to show that he can play a soft innocent like Ramza yet give a (two line) awe inspiring voice for Zalmo.

My only disappointment with the voice acting, is that there needed to be more of it! I wanted the Knights Templar to have VA'ing. I mean, of coarse not every scene needed the Cell Shaded + Voice Acting thing, but the important ones really needed it. Im almost furious that they didnt animate the ending with Delita and Ovelia... thats just a dumb mistake on their part. They easily could of added more. Of coarse, we all know how little Square could care about this game so I know why they didnt do it ):

Well I agree, I had really hoped personally that the Duel with Wiegraf or the Wiegraf/Belias transformation would have been an animated cutscene. Another disappointment to me was that Zalbag turning against Dycedarg was not given a cutscene. It was a shame that none of the Shrine Knights were given animated cutscenes, especially Vormav. Though I think their choice with the ending, from what I read was that it was a tribute to the surprise ending, where Delita kills Ovelia.

Art of War

Wiegraf

Quote from: "LastingDawn"
Quote from: "Wiegraf"

Well I agree, I had really hoped personally that the Duel with Wiegraf or the Wiegraf/Belias transformation would have been an animated cutscene. Another disappointment to me was that Zalbag turning against Dycedarg was not given a cutscene. It was a shame that none of the Shrine Knights were given animated cutscenes, especially Vormav. Though I think their choice with the ending, from what I read was that it was a tribute to the surprise ending, where Delita kills Ovelia.

Yeah I agree... heres to Square being too lazy to get more than 6 voice actors for the game lol. I really wanted to hear what Folmarv would sound like XD

-Wiegraf

Oberon

I like the new secnes and translations done in the war of the lions. only thing i hated was that animation bug =_=.

mucus

While I enjoyed just about every change made to the game, some enhancements stand out more than others.
The fact that this is portable is a huge one for me.  I typically only get a few minutes here and there in which I can play games, I know that FFT can be made portable for use on the psp, it doesn't have the right resolution.  I've played for years and did indeed play for a few years with the psx version on my psp, until WoTL came out.
I like the language change most out of the other enhancements, it really helps to set the mood, and really helped to cement the story for me.  I played for years and had a decent knowledge of what was happening in the game, but the language was a bit dry and uninviting, the change was hugely noticeable to me.
I know it's lame, but I like animated cutscenes.  I feel like I paid good money for a good game, and want to be rewarded with good graphics, this also ties back in with my like of it being portable.  The voice acting is pretty cool, and it really works well with the animated cutscenes.
The new units are cool, new skills yeah alright i'll take those too.
The one thing that made me sad was the name change of the Orator class to Mediator.  It's small... and I've grown to accept it like fact.

LastingDawn

By chance Mucus, do you mean vice-versa? In the PSX version the name is Mediator WotL changes it to Orator.

Art of War

mucus

yeah that's probably what i meant. . .
sorry about the mistake

weltall1028

My favorite addition is the new translation, also really enjoyed the new cutscenes.

Kourama

Other than the new scenes, being able to have 24 characters is amazing.