• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Gotwald

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Minecraft.
18 buckets of lava, 1 bucket of water, I lost track of how many coal I had a long time ago, 20-something steel, 4 Steel picks, lots of redstone, but I've still not even seen a speck of diamond yet.  Sucks because I've found plenty of natural obsidian.

Spawn point in a snowy biome, kind of near a beach.  I built a glass walkway around the spawn point and up a nearby cliff to my home behind a natural waterfall.  I would be hollowing out the entire mountain and expanding my base, but I'm too busy exploring a massively deep natural cave I broke into.

Minecraft is amazing, and has been comsuming my FFT video making time. It's amazing, expansive, you can build anything (try placing water ontop of a tree using a bucket to make a rediculous fountain (looks cooler if done ontop of a hill ontop of a tree)) dig, fight monsters, and it's so amazingly addictive. If you have not tried it, do so.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Dome

Halo 1 must be played on legendary setting just for the "secret scene" at the ending
Totally worth the pain in the ass to get there

Quote from: "Zozma"Playing Fire Emblem over again after making Leila a playable Assassin lol and turning Priscilla into A better copy of Sonia and also making the enemie bosses have more equip so you can fight them for longer
Leila has her own stats and growth (And IIRC they are broken)
Don't you like the troubadour class?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Samuraiblackbelt

QuoteHalo 1 must be played on legendary setting just for the "secret scene" at the ending
legendary is for noobs
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Dome

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"
QuoteHalo 1 must be played on legendary setting just for the "secret scene" at the ending
legendary is for noobs
Everything 2-shots you
For noobs?

Samuraiblackbelt

the first time I played Halo (and the first time I played an FPS in general) I was playing on legendary and I owned my way through th first few levels, I forget how far I got though
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

Dome

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"the first time I played Halo (and the first time I played an FPS in general) I was playing on legendary and I owned my way through th first few levels, I forget how far I got though
In the Third level, IIRC, you have to board an enemy ship: You are in a small room, with 4 doors, one on each wall, and a lot of enemies spawn from the doors, with some invisible enemies that can instant-kill you
Your only help are 3 soldiers that loves to suicide
At the end, 2 giants with a plasma rocket launcher and an invincible shield come out to smash you
No save until the end of the swarms and the death of the 2 "Giants"
Do the math

Samuraiblackbelt

yeah that's where I got stuck

SilvasRuin

The two "giants" are Hunters and are exceptionally easy to kill in the first game once you learn their pattern.  Bungie picked up on how predictable and easy they were and made them a little harder to predict and much harder to slaughter in the later games.  As if the pistol wasn't worth keeping around throughout the first one already, it was the perfect weapon for Hunter slaying.

Minecraft, found six diamonds today.  I have like... 21 Obsidian or something like that.  About to make some glass tunnels to run lava through part of my base for some fancy lighting.

winshmo2

Playing Tactics Ogre Unmei no Wa right now, and frankly the game is visually beautiful, the sprite movements are smooth, the updated maps are now 3D and the environment effects make it all better. The remastered music is lovely, from the old midi to orchestrated pieces it now rivals FFT music.

Too bad its still japanese thus I cant comment on the dialogue and story flow and I dont know which skill does what.

Speaking of skills, there are a ton of them from weapon masteries, spell masteries, attack skills and some other shit I dont understand. Hopefully I might find a site that has translated the skills and what they do. But ima gonna still keep playing, until then ~ fight it out!

Archael

I've beaten every halo on legendary (and mythic for halo 3 and reach)

what I haven't been able to do is halo 3 / reach on mythic with some of the skulls turned on (thunderstorm, catch etc)

that is just too difficult... very fun though... you're always surrounded by grenades when you go into cover and your controls have to be IWBTG perfect to kill even one elite

Samuraiblackbelt

*drools* sounds like my kind of game

Cheetah

I'm still slowly making my way through VC2. Freaking great game. I just found this video though and it cracked me the fuck up.

Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

So, I finally got some digital recording software.  Hypercam 2.  No sound, for some reason.  So, I know it sucks, but if someone could endure it, what annotations do I need to lengthen, how long should I lengthen them, and what song might fit the mood from Audioswap?  Because the silence is deafening.

philsov

Just beat Etrian Odyssey III.  Final level was around 49 and party wasn't exactly minmaxed but it got the job turn.  Final boss took 40+ turns to kill, largely because she healed herself for half her HP.  Twice.  

Also finally picked up and then played though Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.  Aside from wishing I could make the text scroll faster half the time, it was a really fun game.  Going grab the next two soonish.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Skip Sandwich

Playing SaGa Frontier again, because even though I've beat every single character's scenario individually, I've never done so all on the same memory card and thus never made it to the post-game bonus content. Unfortunately, it has been so long since my last attempt that I've been forced to start again from scratch. I'm also simultaneously starting a play through of the PS2 Romancing SaGa remake, which is the hardest SaGa game I've ever played (I've never encountered a game that punished the player more harshly for fighting unnecessary battles)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Kill_Bones

Recently been playing a lot of LoD (damn you twinees for getting me hooked on it again =P) I'm stuck on the final boss fight, and not only that, but the final PART of the final boss fight. Needless to say I'm enraged. He keeps spamming the wingly army attack and it obliterates everyone except for Dart. Then I spend an hour defending for 500's as he hits like 450's with his tornado thing. When I finally recover to 2000+ HP, he does the wingly army attack for 1800. Repeat until I lose lol. I seriously get in like 2 attacks an hour with that ass spamming the same moves =(..

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

SilvasRuin

I never did beat that game... the gameplay was rather unique.  I'm not sure why I stopped.  I was getting close to the end.
I've never been in that fight, but did you try spamming some healing items with the white dragoon?  Surely that would heal more than 500...

Asmo X

I am on my 4th (or 5th) playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas since I bought the game about 3 weeks ago. There is still so much I haven't done and so many ways of playing that I want to try. Best game I have ever played.

Carmine

Currently playing:

Legend of Mana
Tales of Symphonia 2
Resident Evil 4
FFT 1.3032 (Having Trouble on Zigolas Swamp)

SilvasRuin

I saw a vid of New Vegas and I'm not sure I COULD play it.  The scorpions are realistic enough to set off my arachnaphobia.  :(  I can't look at them, even when they're dead.