• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:03:16 pm

Creation of a ppf file

Started by philsov, March 03, 2009, 07:44:01 pm

philsov

March 03, 2009, 07:44:01 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Someone enlighten me.

I've got a file from FFTPatcher and TacText.  No sprite edits, though I suppose that step can be thrown in for later edification.

So how do I make those things into a single ppf format to spread the love around like warm butter?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

AuraDragon

March 03, 2009, 07:51:07 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AuraDragon
Use PPF Studio ( http://files.filefront.com/PPF+STUDIO/; ... einfo.html )

Locate the original copy (FFT ISO) and the edited copy (FFT ISO with modifications) and click Create PPF, or something along those lines.

FFMaster

March 03, 2009, 08:25:48 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Thanks AD =)

I've been wondering how ppf's were made.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

zephyrmist

May 15, 2009, 03:30:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by zephyrmist
how do u edit the ppf file?

Cheetah

May 15, 2009, 04:34:51 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
You don't edit PPF files. You either create on  or you apply  one. If you want to create a new version or update the ppf file, you just make a new one.
Current Projects:

philsov

September 18, 2009, 07:13:46 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
"ERROR!  Filenamesize of file Final Fantasy Tactics.img is bigger than 8.3! (THIS IS NOT CORRECT!)"

I tried googling around for an answer to fix this, and no avail.  anyone experience this before and found a solution?

Jumza

September 18, 2009, 07:17:41 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
well if you have fftpatcher 457  and use its shishi it expands your img (or in my case.bin) file when it sais must reconstruct iso or something.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

philsov

September 18, 2009, 07:23:09 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
bahaha, silly msdos.

http://ask-leo.com/where_is_cdocume1_i_ ... _disk.html

Just need to rename the files into something shorter like "FFT".

still running into an error, but that's probably become I'm rocking cue/img instead of cue/bin.

I'll probably post again later.   :)

Xifanie

September 18, 2009, 07:26:21 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
IIRC I had to manually expand the original ISO (with 000000s) to make my extension patch because ppf studio would complain they were not of the same size.
:gay:
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

philsov

September 27, 2009, 09:16:03 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
OK, round 2.

"ERROR! File FFT.bin not found in CDRWin binfile!"

I get this error using both .img and .bin format, using MagicISO to rip.  How can I fix this?

Edit:  playing with file renames this is the patched version of the game that's causing the hiccup -- patched with 1.3 and overlayed with a patcher file, in both .img and .bin formats.

FFMaster

September 27, 2009, 05:50:43 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
If you want, I could make the PPF's for you... because I have no idea what's wrong for you.

As a last resort of course.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

philsov

September 27, 2009, 06:42:42 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
ha, I was tempted to ask someone to do it for me in a little but.  

Thanks for the offer, I'll do some more tinkering and see what I can do :)

philsov

UPDATE!

I finally got it to work!

Apparently the trick is to make it a GENERAL ppf, because I kept on trying to make it a PSX cd :D

However, on a more help-y note, if I do anything with ShiShi it forces a restructure and changes the size of the iso in the process.  So, I can't make a ppf between a completely clean iso and a modified one.  So... my options are... toy with shishi and make a ppf that can only be applied on a restructured iso or never mess with shi-shi?  Seems kinda lose-lose.  Is there a remedy?  Or does a ppf made from a restructured iso jive well with a clean iso?

formerdeathcorps

2 ways to fix this.

1) Use an older version of ShiShi.
2) Make a unmodified ISO (in game content) that was only expanded by ShiShi.  Use that as your base from now on.  This will not have any glitches as long as you ensure everyone else applies your PPF to a similarly modified ShiShi ISO.  If they apply your PPF to an completely original ISO, they'll have issues with any modified sprites (like Eternal did with Onion Knight).  You can even provide ShiShi in your PPF download if you need to.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

R999

@Zodiac,  any other solution for the ISO extension problem?

Have you made a program that pads the 0s?

Xifanie

There's no reason to make one. Just use a hex editor.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

R999

Forgive me for being an idiot here...  what is the proper way to do this.  Where do we append the 0s and where do we stop at?

edit: Thanks for zodiac's help.

This is the procedure to pad 0s to the original ISO.

1. Open Original ISO with WinHex.
2. Edit menu > Paste Zero Bytes
3. Append to End of File ? Yes
4. Number of Bytes to insert: 11386032 (difference of 552701184 - 541315152)
5. Done.

3lric