• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

efrate

I beat that bastard.  Unfortunately didn't get any treasures nor find the exit.  So I think what I am going to do is focus on that first then beat him.  4 Spell drains seems to be able to empty him, and he obligingly melted himself to death, with a little randomagic help.  Cloud was a house as he always is versus hi HP dudes.  Like most zodiac beasts, he loves to punch guys in the back when he can to kill them, until he goes crit then he starts casting and sealing his own doom.  Bastard.  Finding exits is gonna be a pain, especially as stuff gets progressively harder.  Not to mention treasures.  Having to bring a chemist with 3 move sucks tho. 

Kind of surprised no reward, seeing as how you threw them at us in colliery.

Funny thing: Disturbed's Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For was playing as I ended the battle, in which I found nothing.  Good times.         
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

efrate

I think Mel might need a bit of a buff Dome.  By the time you get her, the enemies who you'd want to break stuff on, (special randoms, maybe the last few shrine knights), pretty much all have maintenance, and the vertical tolerance on crush punch is abyssmal. 

As a special character, her major thing being better PA than pretty much anyone to really buff her skills is gone, so she is just a different pallete agrias who is less useful.  I like her total breakage skills, they have uses on occasion, but outside of a very limited scope, she becomes largely useless. 

A few ideas: Make crush punch exclusive to her, give it 1 more horizontial and at least 1 more vertical. 

Or go unlimited vertical and change add dead to add petrify or something.  Thats more easily protected against (assuming you fix crystal mail), and give her something useful against more targets, 

Give her buffed versions of the ruins skills with higher hit rates.  Or give her the knights break stats skill, req sword, but have them be like -5, either at range 2 or 3 or only at melee. 

She is a debuffer in essence.  If you could work something using the swordskill forumla that does some damage and reduces stats without making it OP would be nice as well. 

Move +2 could be exclusive to her as well, its not spectatular but definitely noticable and makes her stand out a bit. 

Just a few thoughts.  We've talked about Reis already.

Dome

I think Mel might need a bit of a buff DomeBy the time you get her, the enemies who you'd want to break stuff on, (special randoms, maybe the last few shrine knights), pretty much all have maintenance, and the vertical tolerance on crush punch is abyssmal.

As a special character, her major thing being better PA than pretty much anyone to really buff her skills is gone, so she is just a different pallete agrias who is less useful.  I like her total breakage skills, they have uses on occasion, but outside of a very limited scope, she becomes largely useless.
Yeah, I agree

A few ideas: Make crush punch exclusive to her, give it 1 more horizontial and at least 1 more vertical.
I dislike this one, TBH

Or go unlimited vertical and change add dead to add petrify or something.  Thats more easily protected against (assuming you fix crystal mail), and give her something useful against more targets,

Give her buffed versions of the ruins skills with higher hit rates.  Or give her the knights break stats skill, req sword, but have them be like -5, either at range 2 or 3 or only at melee.
What does -5 means?

She is a debuffer in essence.  If you could work something using the swordskill forumla that does some damage and reduces stats without making it OP would be nice as well.
Damage AND status reduction? Wow, looks a bit OP, but would be nice

Move +2 could be exclusive to her as well, its not spectatular but definitely noticable and makes her stand out a bit.
I want THE CLASS to be useful, not the movement slot

Just a few thoughts.  We've talked about Reis already.

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Remember, DD is HARD
Battles will be worse as you go down

@Shade glad you liked the sub-quest :-)
I'll rework the battles a bit :-)

Dome

Thanks guys :-)
Zalbag isn't undead because it would make the battle sooooo easy xD

Augestein

Rad being a red mage is okay I guess. It gives you a special character class that isn't hilariously overpowered, and is similar to Ramza's in the regard that it's nice to have around but not the end all and be all. For anyone else, I'd say "NO." For Rad, "maybe." Honestly though, with all the talk about monks floating on the site in general, you COULD remove the Monk class, make Rad a "special" and his special IS the monk class. That way, you can remove martial arts (while leaving the innate on Rad with the crappy equips), and the moveset is now limited to one person. Thus, No more are there 2 swording/Martial arts ninjas with Twist Headbands and Power Sleeves except maybe computers, as it's no longer a possible combo for anyone-- Rad included. Then you could do add the things like make Spin Fist and Wave Fist with Wind elements and it wouldn't break the game. Because Monk Rad (Mad) is the only person that can do this. Thus, Rad is suddenly a lot more appetizing to use when he's the only one with access to a class that people like/want/feel they need.

As for Lavian and Alicia... That's a tough one, but I don't like the idea of them being Onion Knights. Not only does it gimp PSP users, but you can't make a huge amount of use out of it when you first get them, because you don't have a ton of equips. So I still probably wouldn't use them much, and by the time I'd WANT to use them, they'd have to do a lot of grinding just to get some JP to do some cool combos. Outside of that, there aren't many moments where I'd want it outside of having a mildly quick unit that could shoot guns, or have a dual Rune Blading, Magic Attack Up, Draw Out Armor User. Though, I do like the idea of them remaining knights as they are Agrias' apprentices, and it annoyed me how in 1.3, if you switched them from Knights, they didn't have enough JP to become Knights again. I don't have many ideas for them, but I have 2:

Idea 1 for Lavian and Alicia. If you have space, you could give both of them fractions of Agrias' moveset + Knight Break Skills.
Like say:
Lavian has Stasis Sword, Crush Punch and Holy Explosion, Magic Break, and Power Break.
Alicia has Split Punch, Lightning Stab, Power Break, Magic Break, and Armor Break.

Or Idea 2, where you give Lavian and Alicia swordskills as well.

Lavian could be an elemental swordsman that physically attacks with physical elemental strikes.
*Element* + Strike/Blow/Attack/Swing for her moveset. 1 for each element. Instant use, each attack cost 5 - 10 MP. Has 2 or 3 range, 2 area, but 0 Vertical.
And the final move could be "Focus Mind" an ability that restores her MP by say... 2-5%.
Equips for could be clothing and robes. Incidentally, Lavian's class should not be able to use Knightswords.

Alicia could be a more rough and tumble character with a moveset that has her in the fray. She excels when surrounded by her friends.

War Cry - Raises units PA surrounding Alicia. Cost 15 MP. 0 Vertical.
Wide Swing - Alicia attacks with an ability that swings directly in front of her and 2 adjacent. (Or just spinfist) No Charge, cost nothing. Requires sword.
Motivate - Debuffs various statuses off of allies surrounding Alicia and heals them lightly. Make PA and MA based I guess.
Keen Eye - Next attack has 100% accuracy. If Sunken State could be made to not muck up the AI, this could work. Otherwise no.
Bludgeon - Normal attack that has 100% knockback. Isn't the only knockback move we have Dash?
Seal Mind - Alicia places innocent on herself. Cost 15 MP. Self Target. Has a charge.
Focus Body - Restores 5-10% hp. Self Target.
Intimidate - Alicia intimidates her foes. Lowers enemy brave, 2 range. 1 panel.

Equipment could be heavy armor. Unlike Lavian, Alicia can equip Knightswords.

Honestly, I want Alicia and Lavian to be unique. I always felt they needed a bit more help than Rad based off of 1.3...

Shade

Quote from: Dome on May 22, 2011, 03:08:18 pm
I want THE CLASS to be useful, not the movement slot

Then give her base class more move then others instead.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

efrate

I just realized there were a lot of jobs and abilities I hadn't unlocked.  Once I got counter magic on more than 1 person it wasn't bad because 2, or 1 if I am lucky, counter magiced Melt or tornado completely negates his regen so it isn't that bad then. 

efrate

What does -5 means?

Means reduce a stat (PA or MA) by 5.  Makes it superior to ruin, if she is exclusive then it shouldn't be too OP because by the time you get it it largely won't mean a huge difference, and she is essentially easting a turn to help you survive (especially if its range 1 ver 1 or something so its not from accross the map). 

A minor stat nerf and damage should be able to be implemented, just use the swordskill formula, and instead of 25% chance of status, have 100% chance of stat reduction on some scale.  I haven't played with formulas in quite some time but I think that is easily doable in patcher, just change the add status under the ability. 

Give her flavor and usability.  As now, she is a less useful agrias with fewer abilities that matter, and her one all around useful ability suffers from terrible vertical tolerance. 

efrate

Can you have absorb dark and stop night sword just to keep flavor?

Asmo X

I like the idea of Onion Knights and Red Mage for Alicia, Lavian and Rad. Whatever you settle on, dont give them swordskills please. The amount of swordskilling in the game is fine as is between Gaf, Agrias, Mel, Orlandu, Delita etc etc.

Dome

Quote from: Asmo X on May 23, 2011, 07:53:41 am
I like the idea of Onion Knights and Red Mage for Alicia, Lavian and Rad. Whatever you settle on, dont give them swordskills please. The amount of swordskilling in the game is fine as is between Gaf, Agrias, Mel, Orlandu, Delita etc etc.

I agree, more than enough Swordskills around :-)

Asmo X

Oh yeah, if Flare is instant, doesn't that ruin your elemental system? Lightning is supposed to be the fast element and here you have a giant nuke going off instantly. Also, in someones videos Goblins were throwing around a shitload of monk skills. Giving monsters a human skill here and there is ok and probably a good thing, but dont give them too many or they'll just be like shittier versions of human classes.

Dome

I'll explain why I've made those decision

Flare has HIGH mp cost, and it's not very strong (Ma*20 Faith based, 4 range, 1 panel)...it's purpose is just to allow Wizards to do something if the CT is against them

Goblins are (Going to be) based on the "Monk" class...with martial arts removed from the player arsenal (Monks don't have it as an innate anymore), they can do more damage than an human monk, but they are less versatile

If you see any flaw/have some suggestion, feel free to speak

Asmo X

Just dont give them too many Monk skills. I don't want to basically just be fighting monks when I'm fighting Goblins.

Augestein

Quote from: Dome on May 23, 2011, 08:01:00 am
I agree, more than enough Swordskills around :-)

I suppose that's true, there are too many swordskills. Although, would they work without being swordskills? I might actually try making it up for myself then.

Augestein

Could you make a Regenerator version of Mana for MP Restore? That seems interesting at the very least.

I agree on the Move EXP/JP that putting them on Squire makes them more useful there.

Also, Gilgame Heart COULD be useful if you were willing to grind with it...

Asmo X

I like your idea of merging arrow guard and catch.

It would be good if defend could be added to a skillset as an actual ability since that's basically how it operates.

RandMuadDib

Would it work to just give an ability range self, ct 0 and add status 100% defend?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

MagiusRerecros

Praise in 1.3 works much the same way... It uses the formula 54 ( Hit_(MA+X)% where X is 80) and inflicts status 7B on the target, which has been modified to All or Nothing Defending. I don't see why you couldn't do something range self with CT 0 using formula 38 (100%) while doing the same kind of inflict status.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.