• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A hack (or mod?) from long ago

Started by AustinVanAustin, September 16, 2011, 07:05:21 pm

AustinVanAustin

Hello, to start, I'm not very savvy with hacking or modding (though I would not mind learning how to use Lion Editor and doing some neat stuff of my own, but I digress) but my friend from high school used to be. He found a saved file three orfour years ago when the game first came out that he could put on my PSP that allowed me to have Zalbaag, Dycedarg, Delita, two different Wiegrafs, and all sorts of other awesome NPC characters on my team. My two questions, though I don't know whether or not I'm putting them in the right place are:

1. If that hack/mod is still around, can some one point me into the right direction as to how to acquire it and how to put in onto my PSP

and,

2. If the hack/mod is not still around, could someone point me in the direction as to how I can make the hack/mod myself or possibly could someone who has the knowledge create a game save file of what I mentioned?

Many thanks for reading, and sorry if this belongs somewhere else.

RandMuadDib

it soulds like they just did a save file edit, they didn't actually edit the game. The lion editor only changes savefiles.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Yeah man, you're looking for a savefile.  And you can post questions like this here, but it's kinda iffy posting help questions here.  You'll usually get more responses in Help.

AustinVanAustin

Thanks a lot guys, do either of you guys know where I could find a save file like that?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Maybe someone can make such a save file for you.  The bigger question is, can your PSP play such a save file?

AustinVanAustin

I'm fairly certain it can, I have an older PSP slim from 2008 or 2009, I'm able to use all the game saves that I've been able to find. It's just that none of them fit the bill of what I described to you guys. Also, I read about and installed the Lion Editor, I'm still working on the firmware part, but if one of you guys could make a North American (or is it a US?) save file of what I described I'd be really grateful!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Yeah, why don't you make a topic in Help requesting that someone make a save file for you?  You might get lucky, everyone's generally pretty cool.  But be specific with what you want, and make it obvious what you're asking for in your topic title.

AustinVanAustin