• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:06:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

nooob

Started by boxingislife, March 28, 2008, 02:57:51 pm

boxingislife

March 28, 2008, 02:57:51 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boxingislife
hey guys

im just wondering if someone could help me

i have the original game and i play it on epsxe
im not sure if its an ISO or somethin else (im not much of a computer person really)
all i do is insert the cd and click run cdrom in epsxe

im tryin to give as much details as i can so u guys can easily help me

i downloaded the patcher and cdmage

now the editing stuff seems pretty straight forward (change numbers, items etc...) but once im done im assuming i would need to save my changes as a new patch

what should i do next? how would i get the changes to be applied? if someone can guide me to a tutorial or can explain the steps id really appreciate it

thank you very much

Austin

March 28, 2008, 03:44:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Check out the "newbie question" topic that's three topics below yours. I made a post about halfway down the page that tells you what to do for the most part. Granted, its not very detailed but it should suffice. And if you're just sticking the cd in your computer it's not an image file. You need to extract it by using a program like magicISO. You can probably find a free trial or something off google, there are other programs too so look around a bit and you should find something.

Edit: Also in the newbie question topic Xanien suggests downloading the free trial for isobuster so go ahead and try that one since it's probably easier to deal with.
  • Modding version: PSX