• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Suggestions

Started by VincentCraven, October 31, 2007, 07:40:46 pm

VincentCraven

November 01, 2007, 07:01:33 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Well, if I correct this error right, then it shouldn't be more than ~1 hour, though I probably will overlook something
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Chrona

November 01, 2007, 07:03:57 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Sure, and I'll help you test it out =)
Silver Noble

VincentCraven

November 01, 2007, 07:16:36 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Okay, once I get the Chocobos and the Blue Mage right, it's getting posted!

Chrona

November 01, 2007, 07:17:17 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
And Berserk Ring? =p
Silver Noble

VincentCraven

November 01, 2007, 07:40:07 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Yep, that's in here too.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/29/1552821/SCUS_942.21

Lemme know if that works.

Chrona

November 01, 2007, 07:42:25 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Yep, works. Where'd you put Move+1?

Edit: Nvm =p

Edit2: Just curious, do ya have MSN or any other messengers?
Silver Noble

VincentCraven

November 01, 2007, 07:47:26 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Now would be the time to get it. This is a lot of posts just between you and me. I'm going to go eat, but are there any free messengers that I can pick up? Never used any of that...

Chrona

November 01, 2007, 07:54:14 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
MSN is pretty cool and free

MSN.com

Have fun eating, I'm training up to Blue Mage =p

Ooh, one small problem, it's still named Calculator. Nothing important, just letting you know. Lost one of my Knights training but meh, he wasn't as important =p
Silver Noble

Asmo X

November 01, 2007, 10:53:29 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Ack. You might have gone a little too far with Meliadoul. She's going to be absolutely brutal. Night Sword and Dark Sword are Troublesome. They're so damn good.

My list for T.G Cid would have been

-Stasis Sword
-Crush Punch
-Shellbust Stab
-Night Sword (toned down. If this will hurt Gaffy too much, maybe give him a better weapon?)
-Magic Ruin

Destroy Sword is a crazy set and giving all of those skills to him is a bit much. At least MP is an easily replenishable commodity. I could see Destroy Sword being vaguely appropriate if it broke stats by 2 but 3-5? That's pushing it.

Oh yeah, I'd leave Split Punch with Mel because it's not crazily powerful (compared to its competition anyway) and it is a far better visual match with the rest of her skills.

Nice call on improving dictionaries. And for letting Mediator equip them. Would a WP boost be appropriate too?

Finally, I think I misunderstood what you were trying to achieve by including Jump +1. Did you include it for horizontal jumping? If so I have to ask: horizontal jumping clears jump stat/2 panels, yeah? So If I have an even numbered jump stat, say 4, and I use Jump +1 to bring it to 5, will my horizontal jump be rounded up to 3 panels? If not, you could probably include one of the higher jumps. Since you took out ignore height, I wouldn't object to any of them.

VincentCraven

November 01, 2007, 11:48:13 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Jump 4 + Jump+1 = 2 Horizontal

Jump 4 + Jump+1 + Spike Boots = 3 Horizontal

It truncates it, so 5 = 2 and 6 = 3

Xifanie

November 02, 2007, 07:11:58 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I did modify the calc sprite to make a male blue mage (uncompleted) should I look more into it? It's buggy since it's loading a sprite of calc during attack animation and formation screen still has calc. Probably just a new image I need to find. I took a knight and made it FFV style.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

VincentCraven

November 02, 2007, 05:30:54 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Only if it isn't a whole lot of work. Looks are the least of my concerns, but eventually I will want to fix the sprites and text.

To all:

I found a problem with my spreadsheet and I am fixing it. Apparently there is a problem with calculating the patch/codes, so my recent changes weren't added. Because of this, there are discrepancies between what I say Blue Mage has and what it actually has (skillset-wise).

VincentCraven

November 02, 2007, 08:50:18 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
QuoteAck. You might have gone a little too far with Meliadoul. She's going to be absolutely brutal. Night Sword and Dark Sword are Troublesome. They're so damn good.

My list for T.G Cid would have been

-Stasis Sword
-Crush Punch
-Shellbust Stab
-Night Sword (toned down. If this will hurt Gaffy too much, maybe give him a better weapon?)
-Magic Ruin

Destroy Sword is a crazy set and giving all of those skills to him is a bit much. At least MP is an easily replenishable commodity. I could see Destroy Sword being vaguely appropriate if it broke stats by 2 but 3-5? That's pushing it.

Oh yeah, I'd leave Split Punch with Mel because it's not crazily powerful (compared to its competition anyway) and it is a far better visual match with the rest of her skills.

Nice call on improving dictionaries. And for letting Mediator equip them. Would a WP boost be appropriate too?

-Yep, you are right. I "unbroke" Orlandu and broke Meliadoul. How thoughtless of me

-Are you saying that this is TG Cid's total set? I guess it could work... lemme think on it. Night Sword cannot be toned down with my current tools, so I think that it should just go away for now

-Destroy Sword.... oh right. That's why TG Cid didn't have it originally. I'd like to hear what others have to say about Destroy Sword. What do you (the reader) think about having access to Destroy Sword?

-I'm leaning toward changing Dark Sword to attack a single panel and have a formula of PA*WP. Since Gafgarion never uses it, I can just remove it from everyone and make it into Meliadoul's non-break equip attack.  Does it need a special effect to go with it?

-Glad you like the dictionary idea. WP may be boosted, but I have to see it in action first.

Asmo X

November 03, 2007, 01:41:00 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
-Yeah that's Cid's total set. I wanted to have a part of each set and that's as reasonable as I could make it.

-I'd be all for Destroy Sword if its effects were temporary

-Don't have to change Dark Sword. It does something unique. But yeah, I remembered if we take it Away from Cid, we won't have anyone who can/will use it. I wanted to stop Cid from making the other special knight classes redundant while forgetting that there is no other Dark Knight class properly available to the player. Stupid me. What if Cid's list was:

Stasis Sword
Crush Punch
Shellbust Stab
Night Sword
Dark Sword
Power Ruin (and god help us all)

Prinygod

November 03, 2007, 12:28:12 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
im not so sure about that. Yes, destroy sword is good, however remember that it is only 2v0 which means you will rarely get more than one person with it at once. It also has a charge time and mp cost, and battle skill has more stat reduction with 2 swords, and more range with ranged weapons. Finally each turn that orlandu uses it is a turn he is not killing the enemy, which he can often do.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

VincentCraven

November 03, 2007, 05:52:40 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
We'll see. The title "All Swordskill" seems to scream "Look at me! I'm broken!!!" It's a difficult thing to balance TG Cid...

Although I did originally add it to Meliadoul... isn't Night Sword kinda broken? I'm not sure it should stay on TG Cid. Better Destroy Sword than Night Sword, with it's kill-heal abilities. Knight Swords are just too powerful to keep Night Sword from being broken. Sigh...

Xifanie

November 03, 2007, 07:10:12 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
IMHO, If Orlandu has horrible MP and can't equip robes, plus average-low PA... I doubt he'd be a threat anymore. He'd have to constantly use Dark Sword or get MP Healed by someone.

You know, like Tellah that can't even cast Meteo because he lacks MP.

Both are awfully old turds.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

VincentCraven

November 03, 2007, 07:42:13 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Okay, sounds fine. Btw, What do you think about Night Sword? And should Holy Swordsman equip Armor, Clothes, or Both?

karsten

November 03, 2007, 08:17:08 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"I did modify the calc sprite to make a male blue mage (uncompleted) should I look more into it? It's buggy since it's loading a sprite of calc during attack animation and formation screen still has calc. Probably just a new image I need to find. I took a knight and made it FFV style.

i want to see it!

karsten

November 03, 2007, 08:19:42 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"IMHO, If Orlandu has horrible MP and can't equip robes, plus average-low PA... I doubt he'd be a threat anymore. He'd have to constantly use Dark Sword or get MP Healed by someone.

You know, like Tellah that can't even cast Meteo because he lacks MP.

Both are awfully old turds.

wait, wait i tought that it was MA affecting swordskills... or i'm wrong?