• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:08:30 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

VK patch job tree discussions

Started by karsten, March 20, 2008, 07:22:12 am

VincentCraven

March 27, 2008, 07:19:26 pm #40 Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:46:14 pm by VincentCraven
Erhm, Blue Magic has a total of 2 fire/lightning spells and I am moving for a removal of HP healing from the skillset. Calculator was a 'reward class' in that it improved on nearly all magic so much that using such a character [I mean skillset: Calculator itself sucks] provided no challenge. :)

I don't want anything near the same as the Calculator class, although I am now aware that Blue Mage may need a weapon other than Sword. Sword is a bit too common and, despite what tradition may have upheld, fighting bare-handed or with a staff or something seems a bit more fitting to a monster-master type class.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Sen

March 27, 2008, 07:21:44 pm #41 Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:40:09 am by Sen
Those poles or stick can be for BlueMage since they're the replacement of Calc. and also only 2 jobs can equip those.

NeedsMoreNoise

March 27, 2008, 08:17:37 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "VincentCraven"Erhm, Blue Magic has a total of 2 fire/lightning spells and I am moving for a removal of HP healing from the skillset. Calculator was a 'reward class' in that it improved on nearly all magic so much that using such a character [I mean skillset: Calculator itself sucks] provided no challenge. :)
Ahh, I was reading an older post. Removing Choco Cure would probably be a good idea, though.

VincentCraven

April 10, 2008, 12:00:11 am #43 Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:28:34 pm by VincentCraven
What we left out was the S/R/M skills in each skillset. Did we ever discuss which skills needed to be removed?

Basic Skill - Counter Tackle, Monster Skill, Defend, Move-Get Exp, Move-Get JP

Item - Auto Potion, Throw Item, Maintenance, Equip Change, Move-Find Item, Equip Gun

Battle Skill - Weapon Guard, Equip Armor, Equip Shield, Equip Sword

Charge - Speed Save, Arrow Guard, Equip Crossbow, Concentrate

Punch Art - HP Restore, Counter, Hamedo, Martial Arts, Move-HP Up

White Magic - Regenerator, MgDef Up

Black Magic - Counter Magic, MgAtk Up

Time Magic - Critical Quick, Short Charge, Float

Summon Magic - MP Restore, Half of MP

Steal - Caution, Gilgame Heart, Catch, Secret Hunt, Move+1, Jump+1

Blue Magic - Train, MP Switch

Yin-Yang Magic - Absorb Used MP, Def Up, Any Weather, Move-MP Up

Elemental - Counter Flood, Atk Up, Any Ground, Move on Lava, Equip Axe

Jump - Dragon Spirit, Equip Spear, Jump +2

Draw Out - Meatbone Slash, Blade Grasp, Equip Katana, Two Hands, Move in Water

Throw - Sunken State, Abandon, Two Swords, Walk on Water

Red Magic - Distribute, Gained Exp Up

Sing - MA Save, Face Up

Dance - A Save, Brave Up

*Removed Gained JP Up, Teleport, Move+2, Ignore Height, Damage Split, Move+3, Jump+3, Fly
Finger Guard, Monster Talk are no longer of use.

**Bold skills mean it has been moved from its original set.

¿Qué más?

Austin

April 10, 2008, 12:21:40 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Blade Grasp, and you're adding in monster skill again? I liked the game better with the monsters already knowing their skills.
  • Modding version: PSX

Asmo X

April 10, 2008, 12:41:13 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I'm not fond of Blade Grasp OR Abandon.

Also, the RSMs in general are starting to look a bit bare. With the text editor are we able to go into these lists and actually make a note that the skill is innate?

So for instance in the Time Mage's Movement list you could have "Teleport, JP cost (whatever. 0 probably) and then 'innate' instead of 'learned'". Or maybe just keep it as "learned". As long as the skill isn't transferable.

Lydyn

April 10, 2008, 12:44:00 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Asmo X"With the text editor are we able to go into these lists and actually make a note that the skill is innate?

So for instance in the Time Mage's Movement list you could have "Teleport, JP cost (whatever. 0 probably) and then 'innate' instead of 'learned'". Or maybe just keep it as "learned". As long as the skill isn't transferable.

I have a better idea, if you don't mind... just put it in the job description along with the requirements. *Shrug*

Asmo X

April 10, 2008, 12:52:56 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
That's not very orderly. I think anything to do with skills should go inside the skill menus.

Lydyn

April 10, 2008, 12:55:37 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh, well then! I think it's safe to say we disagree. Which is completely fine. ^_^ It's not a bad way to do it, I just thought it'd be just as good in the description and easier, is all.

NeedsMoreNoise

April 10, 2008, 01:02:18 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Lydyn"I have a better idea, if you don't mind... just put it in the job description along with the requirements. *Shrug*
"The Time Mage controls time and space.
This sorceror toys with the laws of the universe.

Prerequisite: Level 2 Wizard.
Innate: Teleport"

No thank you; that's extremely out of place. xd

VincentCraven

April 10, 2008, 08:03:36 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "Austin"Blade Grasp, and you're adding in monster skill again? I liked the game better with the monsters already knowing their skills.

[Edit: Will not be changing S/R/M for Alpha]

Should Monster Skill be removed? We can both jazz up Monster Skillset and keep Monster Skill, I think.

I can see a case for Blade Grasp and Abandon, though they aren't completely broken w/ the new Br limitation and the new shield/mantle.

I don't know how to do what you suggested, Asmo. I could add it in the skill description or job description, but not in the skill menu.
On the other hand, if someone else is willing and able to do that, by all means.

Asmo X

April 11, 2008, 12:25:11 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I suppose Abandon will be alright. Never mind me.

karsten

April 11, 2008, 02:26:42 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
let's have monster skill adding an useful ability outside the normal monster skillset.

by the way, remember to give to lv and 3 bombs the blow fire ability, it'll make them less inclined to suicide and allow for a ranged attack

Xifanie

April 11, 2008, 07:28:47 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
As humans are gigving them new skills via Monster skill, why not make them human skills?

Like bombs could have fire... whoever with a MA that high it would hurt a LOT. :/

However I don't know how messed up will look the animations.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

karsten

April 11, 2008, 11:21:54 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"As humans are gigving them new skills via Monster skill, why not make them human skills?

Like bombs could have fire... whoever with a MA that high it would hurt a LOT. :/

However I don't know how messed up will look the animations.

NOT a bad idea! :) to be looked into, really.

Lydyn

April 11, 2008, 11:24:41 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I gave Goblins Blind myself, which doesn't look glitched or messed up at all ... of course they have arms, but I'm just letting you know so maybe that knowledge helps. Also, Zozma was correct that monsters don't use any MP at all when casting spells.

NeedsMoreNoise

April 11, 2008, 07:34:39 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
If you want to use some jobs' skills for certain monsters, you could give every monster innate Non-Charge. That'd make things alot more challenging.

Prinygod

April 18, 2008, 02:34:02 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
Remember to give uber-squire innate monster talk, otherwise monster will be unable to be invited, now that mediator has been kicked to the curb. Or, if its possible, you can make it so that monsters can be invited with out the need for monster talk, which would also allow them to be invited even when guts is set as a secondary.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

Zozma

April 18, 2008, 04:01:45 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
all monsters should look fine while casting spells
all humanoids have all the animatinos, hell did u know they have singing animations too? bonesnatch or squiddy singing? wtf?

chocobos flap their wings untill the spell is cast, some of them shake like zodiac demons... but i think they all work. i gave goblin innate non-charge to encourage him to cast blind or confuse since eye gouge was instant as well.
i know they dont use mp but i think they cant cast if its more mp than they have max tho...

did they get such weird ma based formulas because they cant equip stuff or what?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

karsten

April 18, 2008, 11:05:45 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Prinygod"Remember to give uber-squire innate monster talk, otherwise monster will be unable to be invited, now that mediator has been kicked to the curb. Or, if its possible, you can make it so that monsters can be invited with out the need for monster talk, which would also allow them to be invited even when guts is set as a secondary.

blue mage is supposed to have the ability to have critically injured monsters join....